Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    This is a dumb question but if Trump wanted to make someone a general, could he do it? Like, I don't mean behind-the-scenes push for someone's promotion because he likes the guy, but literally announce he is a general now?

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Instant classic

Comment

• What a jackass. Can not hear a loud mouth on a up volume phone that someone at the same table is using. Maybe if he took Putin's dick out of his ear he'd be able to hear.
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Oops, thanks for this

Comment

• Nebraska licks Trump's ass.

The state's Department of Motor Vehicles signed an agreement to share records that the Census Bureau says will help it produce data about the citizenship status of every person living in the U.S.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Bibi indicted on bribery, fraud, and corruption charges. Witch hunt!! Never Bibi'ers!! Fake News!!

The prime minister described the charges as an "attempted coup", blaming a "tainted" process.

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/...tion-1.8137771

Worth noting, Sheldon Adelson is a witness AGAINST Netanyahu in one of the cases.

EDIT: And this comes as Israel's in a political crisis with no one able to form a government.

Comment

• I was off Facebook for 6 months, its like this thread Toxic as hell. I went back and same people saying the same things. All you have to do is look at the names and you know whats coming. Thank God for the unfollow button. FWIW I would say 70% (mostly people I dont know who I went to school with) are big time Trumpters and 15% hate his guts like Jon, its like they wake up with him (Trump) on their minds. Most who hate him are not doing well overall in their lifes im sorry to say (from that small sample size).

I am leaning (right now) for a change.

I like Mator Pete and Tulsi Gabbard, though they really have no chance - just like I liked Ben Carson 3 years ago.

I don't have a problem with Joe Biden in the WH, he is the only real chance to beat Trump. As long as he can stay alert and make it through the long haul. He looked really bad last night, until he got angry, he should have a little wire attached to him somewhere hidden - give him (a little shock) right before each question.

Comment

• I am doing quite well thank you - loving wife of 30+ years, 7 figure 401(k), 2 pensions, no debt, and a job I love so much I did NOT retire two years ago. Could be a hell of a lot worse.

I don't hate Trump, I hate anti-American traitors. Now if those two happen to be the same.....

Comment

• Glad to hear it, you said once you really only keep your thoughts on politics here (?) not out there >>> I did say 'most', I think DSL is doing fine as well, and we know he doesn't hate Trump either . There are many times I think to myself Trump just shut your mouth for once. Im still glad I didn't vote for Hillary as we know it was him or her.

I think Scaramucci hit it on the head.

"He is so narcissistic, he doesn't see people as people. He sees them as objects in his field of vision. And so therefore, that's why he has no empathy."

Comment

• This is an interesting, if a bit superficial, report on what's going on in Hong Kong and what a PITA it is for China's Communist party whose current Chairman is Xi. China is in the midst of one of their "great programs" that were initiated by Mao when he seized power in 1949. I was only marginally aware of how all the pieces (or boils to the Communist) fit together in regions considered to be part of China that really don't want to be governed by the Chicoms.

Hong Kong is but one of those boils albeit a big one. Although it's not mentioned in this article, the juxtapositioning of China's problems with Hong Kong and the trade dispute between the US and China creates some negative political synergy for both sides. Henry Kissinger spoke to some group in Washington recently and said the US and China are "on the foothills of a cold war" and if the two sides don't work out their underlying political differences that are at the basis of disagreements, the world is going to be much worse off than if they do work them out.

This leads me the point that Trump seems insistent on driving wedges between the negotiators by, it was reported, his demands that China step up to the table and do what he is demanding (that not clearly defined). My take is that he wants more structural changes than the Xi is willing to make - the most prominent probably being the subsidies the Chinese Government provides to state owned businesses in competition with US and other foreign countries who compete in the same markets on the basis of product quality and price. Subsidized Chinese companies are going to be able to offer products of equal quality at a lower price to buyers. I think it's worth fighting for less subsidies or capping them but that is not something the Chicoms are ever going to agree to. So, one has to ask,, how far should Trump be allowed to go in pressing Xi for these kinds of concessions when the price to the global and US economy and the potential that being a hard-ass on this will plunge economies into recession.

It's a hard question to answer. At the moment, I think Congress should step in but that is only because I just don't trust this president to be measured and thoughtful. He is much more likely to act unreasonably if he feels he's being ignored.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• #LetTulsiSpeak Is trending on Twitter. Warren/Sanders are batshit crazy, probably why they got so much time on MSNBC Surprising they let Mayor Pete get so much air time in.

EJ5za_vXkAA1fqd?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg

Comment

• Jeff, as I said up list, the Chinese will no more cut subsidies and make structural changes than the US would accept a Chinese demand for all US business go non-profit. Communist non-negotiable vs. Capitalist non-negotiable. Some of the issues are fixable, like IP, but others like gov't subsidies are not. The two parties need to find mutually beneficial practices or offerings to offer each other that can mitigate the non-negotiables. It seems that both Trump and Xi are both operating from hardened stances. Trump spews "A deal is close!" to artificially bump stocks and Xi talks of more agricultural imports to address internal pork and crop problems.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I don't see any deal until 2021. Trump's an idiot and Xi's a dictator, neither will change and unless one side blinks, this is the new status quo.

Comment

• Really? While Generations had too much meddling in it form the studio. I thought First Contact was a very good ST movie (and in general). Insurrection was solid enough but last TNG movie was utter crap.

Underrated ST film? Probably VI which was an excellent good bye from the original cast.
                            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                              #LetTulsiSpeak Is trending on Twitter. Warren/Sanders are batshit crazy, probably why they got so much time on MSNBC Surprising they let Mayor Pete get so much air time in.

EJ5za_vXkAA1fqd?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg
                              Tulsi didn't say much even when she got the chance to talk. I hated the format they had there last night.

1) There are too many people on that stage. If you want to have 10 people up there fine---random draw for 5 people each night (2 nights). Too many times other candidates had their hands up and were ignored. As the moderators rushed to another question. I want to see them get into a real debate and get into policy/issues.

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Agree, time for Booker, Yang, Klobuchar, Steyer, and Tusi to drop out.

I posted that I went back on Facebook, first why do people take pics of other in the hospital bed sick?

I seen an old friend, the girls love him back in the day, my God he looked like Howard Hughes.

Comment

Working...
                                X