Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defund the police!

(But make sure that they can arrest 12 year olds for internet "hate crimes")

x7aLGLVp6b.jpg

Comment

• West Midlands? Is that near the Shire or King's Landing?
      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
        Defund the police!

(But make sure that they can arrest 12 year olds for internet "hate crimes")
        ]
        They should arrest his parents for creating the little asshole

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post

Is that sheriff's position that NO tickets will be issued? He claims a manpower issue - I call bullshit. His county is not writing ANY tickets (civil, vehicle, whatever) due to manpower, right? He doesn't get to choose which laws are enforced. He would be serving the public better if he chose to not write parking tickets and to write mask violations. (911 operators should tell callers masks are not a 911 issue. If 911 is forwarding mask calls to the police dispatch, that's a 911 problem.)

Any sheriff that chooses to disregard a lawful directive from the governor regarding law enforcement, well, his resignation should be accepted immediately and he should be barred from future employment within law enforcement.
          Our Sheriff department is writing tickets, trust me. I just got one about a month ago from a Deputy because I was not wearing my seat belt. He was professional, and he was right. I paid the ticket, and I didn't gripe about it.

As I stated before, Our Sheriff deputies are being utilized to do actual police work. They patrol the roads, they assist motorists in need, they respond to citizen calls for help, and oh yes, .. they track down bad guys. People who sell poison to our kids. People who break into houses and businesses, and take stuff that don't belong to them. They round up child molesters and wife beaters. Important stuff like that. Chasing down some hillbilly who didn't wear a face mask into Wal Mart isn't exactly going to be on America's Top Ten. And the majority of the folks in this county want it that way. He will be re-elected in a landslide.

Maybe Gretch and Nessie should just make it official and form the Michigan equivalent of the Gestapo. Enforce the dear leader's directives without question, and without recourse.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• They should arrest his parents for creating the little asshole
            This is so quintessentially Left. Hopefully they'll send the entire family to prison or gulag or both.

Meanwhile, let's talk about the evils of mass incarceration.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I thought this was a good thread from the Governor of Mississippi on the folly of hoping for herd immunity. He leads off by saying most experts think it would take 70-80% of the population being infected to achieve herd immunity but for argument's sake let's say they're wrong and you only need 40%.

Mississippi's hospitals are under great strain right now while averaging 700-800 cases a day. He had to suspend elective surgeries. For 40% of Mississippi to get infected there would need to be 3200 new cases a day for an entire year. And that's assuming that very low estimate of only needing 40%. It's not a realistic solution in his view unless people want to forgo hospital stays for car accidents and heart attacks.

Comment

• Of course, anyone suggesting forget mitigation measures and just let everyone get infected is stooopid. But there are better ways to deal with the pandemic in the US short of shutting everything down like Newsome is doing in CA. The math doesn't support that approach either.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

This is so quintessentially Left. Hopefully they'll send the entire family to prison or gulag or both.

Meanwhile, let's talk about the evils of mass incarceration.
                  In the new religion there is only one sin.

Comment

• That is true.

Comment

• The NBA allows customized jerseys that say "FuckThePolice" and "FuckHongKong" but ban "FreeHongKong" https://thefederalist.com/2020/07/13...and-kill-cops/

This little "message" thing the NBA has going is kosher so long as, of course, you're saying the right thing.

And I don't even know what to say about the new NFL "anthem" policy.

Right now I'm hoping some woke fuck somewhere will find something vaguely associated with some sort of non-woke racism about M's fight song and that will go by the wayside. That would be hilarious.

Comment

• While I wouldn't completely pin my hopes on a silent majority, there is definitely going to be some pushback on sports when it comes to dollar voting. Sports fans, as a whole, lean towards being culturally Conservative and most of them have no interest at all in seeing their favorite sports events turn into a White Privilege 101 lecture. Especially after having that nonsense rammed down their throats previously from five other directions. I wouldn't even want to see my sports turn into a Heritage Foundation lecture. Sports revenues are already a major bubble.

Comment

• That's true. The most obnoxious, effete woke white fucks naturally loathe sports. Strangelove, for example, would rather watch a documentary on beetles than a nice, wholesome foot-ball match.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                            While I wouldn't completely pin my hopes on a silent majority, there is definitely going to be some pushback on sports when it comes to dollar voting. Sports fans, as a whole, lean towards being culturally Conservative and most of them have no interest at all in seeing their favorite sports events turn into a White Privilege 101 lecture. Especially after having that nonsense rammed down their throats previously from five other directions. I wouldn't even want to see my sports turn into a Heritage Foundation lecture. Sports revenues are already a major bubble.
                            Agree.

When the time comes to throw open the gates to allow all fans to return to live sports events, the owners may discover that a lot of folks have decided to keep their money and stay home. Sports has traditionally been an escape from real life, and in doing so it has actually brought people together no matter what their beliefs. Now, sports is being used as a vehicle to spread political correctness, and if you do not comply, you are not welcome to participate.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Right now I'm hoping some woke fuck somewhere will find something vaguely associated with some sort of non-woke racism about M's fight song and that will go by the wayside. That would be hilarious.

Well, historically, the "Victors" usually enslaved the vanquished, so they've got that.

Comment

• The University of Texas has said that they will NOT do away with "The Eyes Of Texas Are Upon You", in spite of protests by some students and players.

I always wondered why they played "I've Been Working On The Railroad" when they score touchdowns. Imagine my surprise when I discovered it was really "The Eyes of Texas" ...

Comment

Working...
                                X