No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liney, I challenge you to find where I have been even remotely supportive of Pelosi. She's much in the same mold as Hillary and you know my opinion of her.

DSL hit the nail on the head. Pelosi is starting to sound like Trump. She's falling into the trap of stooping to the level of Trump's lying and detachment from reality. Trump would crush her on experience alone. I don't think she realizes how much she helps the GOP by going that route.

And no, Putin's Cock Holster cannot be 'charged' with anything concerning the USSC nomination. That's just plain absurd.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Well, there is hope after all.

Ms. Pelosi is supposed to be one of the brightest political minds in the country, being that she is the Speaker of the House. She's 2 heartbeats away from being President. Yet she tells Stupidnopolis that "we have many arrows in our quiver" to go after Trump with, if he nominates a justice.

I am not DJT's biggest fan. There is a lot about the man that I do not like at all. But, I almost wish that Pelosi would actually try another impeachment. The first one didn't exactly have overwhelming national support, and this one would be because he dared to nominate a justice during campaign season?

I can't believe that the country has reached the level of mass stupidity to support such a move. I could be wrong. I've been wrong before.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

The problem is that the Constitution is silent on immigration. Until the late 1800's there wasn't much attempt at creating a national immigration policy. Everything was run by the states. And until the 14th Amendment, the Constitution is pretty vague about how to define citizenship.
        So you agree that immigration laws are not unconstitutional, and that the Congress has the power to promulgate immigration laws and the US President has both the power and the obligation to enforce those laws?

Good. Please bookmark this conversation for when the justices appointed by the people that you vote for express their disagreement.

Comment

• 120040024_5163998810292538_5191687397137694746_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=CCStD1P0IlQAX9MwmDD&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&tp=6&oh=ac8271efcfeda3ffeb15afa65d6b08fa&oe=5F9016EE.jpg

My "white privilege" couldn't afford the rear view mirror on that car ....

... and in other news, LeBron loudly complained yesterday about how the MVP is chosen in the NBA. Since, of course, he was not chosen....

Comment

• Now that there is a good excuse to get together and protest (and riot) again, we can forget about all of that Social Distancing Nonsense.

I wonder how it must feel to see this after having lost your job or business to a Covid business shutdown.

Comment

• I wonder how it must feel to see this after having had a business destroyed by a Covid shutdown.
              I had a video call with a couple of my brothers last night and we talked about all the businesses in our communities that have closed this year due to Gretch's EO's. Its sad to see. Business owners that we know personally, are now out of business.

But, of course, Gretch has no problem with "peaceful protests".

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

I had a video call with a couple of my brothers last night and we talked about all the businesses in our communities that have closed this year due to Gretch's EO's. Its sad to see. Business owners that we know personally, are now out of business.

But, of course, Gretch has no problem with "peaceful protests".
                Bear in mind that as they gather in the streets by the thousands, they insist that it is unsafe to go to the polls in person and vote.

Comment

• EicUifaXYAEfzaW?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

Comment

• Comment

• I'm sorry but I just can't stop.

EiS4g5DUYAAd90n?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Comment

• Bear in mind that as they gather in the streets by the thousands, they insist that it is unsafe to go to the polls in person and vote.
                        And church. Don't even think of going to church. And if you dare to go to church, you better not SING.

Comment

• Why isn't she wearing a mask?

You just have to love the depths of immature lunacy that the woken get themselves into.

Comment

• Maybe not of interest to many here but I just read the 69 page "Healthy Sail Plan" released this morning with the cruise lines trying to convince the CDC, among others, that cruising can safely resume. It's intended audience are regulators including the No-Sail Ordering CDC. The document describes the safety and health protocols that a panel commissioned by two major cruise lines (NCL and RCCL) recommended to be implemented as cruising resumes. The protocols are designed to prevent the introduction of SARS-CoV-2 on cruise ships, prevent viral spread should guests or crew members become infected and how to medically manage and/or disembark infected individuals and close contacts from the ship if they become ill from COVID. The steps for ID'ing new cases, tracing and tracking, quarantining or isolating and medically managing seriously ill guests or crew are detailed and impressive.

You may not be interested in the specifics like I am but, in general, this is the first detailed report on appropriate protocols for PH measures to be taken in the context of other large gatherings ..... like football games with fans for example.

To prevent introduction of the virus to the ship at the embarkation port - a bubble in itself once it sails - the pre-boarding testing protocols are "multi-layered." What this implies is that the panel sees no single COVID screening measure used alone as effective. There are three levels: pre-board screening questionnaires, temperature checks and testing - until the desired point of care, rapid tests become widely available, guests and crew have to obtain either an RT-PCR molecular test or lab processed oral swab/saliva test to be cleared to board. If a guest or crew reports circumstances suggesting exposrue or actual symptoms are present, a secondary screening by HC professionals is conducted. After this, the crew or guest may or may not be denied boarding. Protocols and mitigation measures go on and on while aboard but the usual stuff is recommended - masking, social distancing, HVAC scrubbing filters and so on. Reduced capacity, elimination of some ship-board activities and tours only if they are organized and run by the ship are other mitigation measures recommended by the panel.

Initial return to service out of US ports (most likely FL first), assuming the CDC allows the No-Sail Order to expire at the end of October, will be step wise with short, over-night test cruises using employees as guests and then advancing to 3d cruises with employees and then a return to short commercial cruises up to 10d or less. Port call at first would only be to private islands owned and operated by the cruise lines. Later, as governments allow Americans access, port calls could expand The entire return to cruising operations endeavor is incredibly complex but highlights how detailed any plan to prevent the introduction of the virus to guests and crew, essentially in as close to a bubble as one can get, to have any chance of preventing large scale outbreaks.

I think sports teams - college and pro - are pretty close to doing what the cruise line panel recommends in their report just on a smaller, less complex scale. Colleges in general wrt the student body? Nope, they fucked this up pretty badly in the rush to try to keep the money rolling in. Not controlling student off campus activity and allowing other than dormitory residing students access to campus has produced the inevitable outbreaks. How risky those outbreaks are to increasing disease burden in and around the college is subject to debate.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post
                                Why isn't she wearing a mask?

You just have to love the depths of immature lunacy that the woken get themselves into.
                                These are the people who want to run the country with an iron fist and control every aspect of your life.

Last edited by Hannibal; September 21, 2020, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X