No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump won't refuse to leave. That's liberal fantasy nightmare kind of stuff. But I'm certain he will scream to his dying day that the election was stolen from him via fraud should he lose. The reasons are twofold. His ego can't handle being branded a loser; he can only be bested by 'cheating'. And secondly, if he loses badly the only way for him to continue having strong influence over the conservative movement will be to have the base (roughly a 1/3 of America) believing the election was stolen from him. If they simply think he's a loser they'll abandon him.

And when I say he may force a court case I don't necessarily mean a situation like Gore v. Bush where the margin was incredibly small. He could lose Michigan by 500,000 votes and still challenge the result on asinine grounds about how the Constitution forbids mail-in votes or something. His lawsuits will all be fruitless but that's never stopped him before.

Comment

• Yeah, the Ds complaining about the someone accepting elections results is fantastically rich.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

That being said, if Trump somehow manages to pull this election out of his arse, I'm wondering if the country will survive the violence that the left will wage on Trump supporters.
        Ironically, their penchant for violence, or at least excessively vocal protest, represents the best chance that Trump has for winning. Nothing wakes up the (usually quiet) majority more effectively than disrupting their regular routines and their means of being able to choose how they about they do that.

The fatigue associated with cancel culture, BLM protests and the folly of the media has limits. The left's biggest problem is that they are so self-righteous that they fail to recognize that if you cry "Wolf" long enough, people will actually start cheering for that wolf to succeed.
        Last edited by Tom W; August 3, 2020, 10:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          Yeah, the Ds complaining about the someone accepting elections results is fantastically rich.
          Exactly. In fact, to hear Hillary speak, she has still never conceded the election to Trump. Her "popular vote" argument indicates she believes the coastal states should decide elections and flyover states like Wyoming and the Dakotas have no voice at all. The founding fathers designed a way to make sure everyone has a voice, and not just the east/west coast loudmouths.

And this time around, Trump will lose Michigan by more than 100K votes. It won't be close. People here are infatuated with the queen and her lap dog, and her influence will carry the state for Kamala Harris and Joe.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Hillary won. Stacey Abrams won. Al Gore won. They never lose. But Rs will never accept elections results. Like I said -- fantastically rich.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post

Ironically, their penchant for violence, or at least excessively vocal protest, represents the best chance that Trump has for winning. Nothing wakes up the (usually quiet) majority more effectively than disrupting their regular routines and their means of being able to choose how they about they do that.

The fatigue associated with cancel culture, BLM protests and the folly of the media has limits. The left's biggest problem is that they are so self-righteous that they fail to recognize that if you cry "Wolf" long enough, people will actually start cheering for that wolf to succeed.
              The election ain't going to be about BLM but polling in July indicated roughly 60% (or more) of Americans had a positive impression of BLM anyways. Now you can argue that just shows how ignorant Americans are of the SHOCKING DANGER posed by BLM but...I'm just laying it out there.

This is the covid election, for better or worse. "Do you like how President Deals has done battling the virus?"

Comment

• I didn’t know the Pig-Ankled Harridan thought she was robbed. That’s pretty funny.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post

True enough. Especially your point that the right no longer has a monopoly on self righteous bigotry, although it's seemed that way for many years. I'd say left and right are neck and neck.

I think the opposite will happen, Liney, if Trump somehow wins. The Trumpanzees will declare "MANDATE!", put on their Einsatzgruppen uniforms and go hunting for perceived "lefties" - all with Dear Leader promising pardons for perpetrators.
                  “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• The election ain't going to be about BLM but polling in July indicated roughly 60% (or more) of Americans had a positive impression of BLM anyways. Now you can argue that just shows how ignorant Americans are of the SHOCKING DANGER posed by BLM but...I'm just laying it out there.

This is the covid election, for better or worse. "Do you like how President Deals has done battling the virus?"
                    I agree with your latter point.

Re BLM, polls will be positive as long it's viewed as an utterly meaningless declarative sentence. Every sane human being agrees with the sentiment that black lives matter. What's far less clear is what is actually meant by that in terms of policy. Well, it's far less clear to the 60% who say they agree with BLM. It's clear to anyone who visits the BLM webpage or views the platform BLM endorsed in 2016. In no planet would 60% support that hot fucking marxist garbage.

So, the key for BLM is to remain a meaningless slogan like, you know, make America great again. Once the substance comes out the support will drop.

But, since you latter point is correct, the foreging re BLM is pretty meaningless as it relates to the 2020 election.

Comment

• Einsatzgruppen
                      I didn't Google that word to see what it means, but for some reason, I now want to take a trip to Frankenmuth for sauerbraten and strudel.

Comment

• Every sane human being agrees with the sentiment that black lives matter. What's far less clear is what is actually meant by that in terms of policy.
                        If I were asked in some sort of poll "Do black lives matter?" my response would be "absolutely". But I would add that they don't matter any more than Asians, Native Americans, Semites, Slavs, or Aborigines. We're all in this together. We all came in the same, and we're all leaving the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

The election ain't going to be about BLM but polling in July indicated roughly 60% (or more) of Americans had a positive impression of BLM anyways. Now you can argue that just shows how ignorant Americans are of the SHOCKING DANGER posed by BLM but...I'm just laying it out there.

The last time I checked, the election isn't being held in July. Nice try, though.

It's also pretty silly to toss out that chum about "polls"- especially now. Do you really expect people to take pollsters any more seriously than they take credit card or car warranty scammers? Plus, how do evaluate the data of a WTF question like "Do you have a positive impression of BLM"?

But well, it is, (duh) about COVID- PDJT's reelection is going to take hits, likely fatal ones for this. Some of them will be deserved. But, the Dems and their supporters aren't quite clean on this.

Well, I guess Talent pretty much already said all of that already.

Comment

• The election is 3 months away to the day actually

Things can always change but barring a miraculous improvement in the covid situation, I doubt Trump can win. Unlike 2016 the race has been extremely stable. Trump and Hillary went through ups and downs. Biden has led forever, it's never been particularly close, and the gap has actually widened an additional 3 points since Memorial Day. Even if his admin has a slam-dunk, can't-fail cure on Oct. 1, will Trump get the credit for it? I get the feeling he's burned too many bridges at this point. Voters once inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt are tired of it all.

I imagine they're holding onto something really 'scandalous' regarding Biden & Ukraine until October but unless he's on tape asking for bribes, I don't think that'll matter a whole hell of a lot. Especially not when Trump has many, many more opportunities to shoot himself in the foot.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                              We all came in the same, and we're all leaving the same.

Hear, hear!!
                              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• It warms my heart to see that Trump's impending self pardon will be ineffective.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/03/polit...ion/index.html

Comment

Working...
                                X