• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• right-wing-censorship-comic1.png?fit=1000%2C1000.png

Comment

• zKAoUNzoeF.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
        Thanks for joining my pro-shoot ‘em platform, Jon!
        If we treated Antifa and BLM the way that Capitol police treated Ashli Babbitt, we would have been burying them in WWII-style mass graves last year.

Comment

• Mowing people down in both situations would make it worse. Everyone has to de-escalate.

Comment

• Fortunately, like many other problems, a solution was figured out a long time ago, and enshrined in our Constitution. Specifically, the 2nd Amendment.

The marginalizing of militias as "extremist wacko" movements and the criminalizing of self defense have helped contribute to the problem of civil disorder.

Comment

• DSL,

I get what you’re saying. That Trump pulling strings with his followers as deftly as Iago did with Otello, and both to a disastrous end - I just don’t see it. I just don’t believe that his intent was to manipulate the crowd into lawlessness at all. He’s not s Machiavelli at all. Or if he is, he’s shitty at it. Trump is an immature and is a slave to praise, worship, and just about any other flavor of external validation. I think he wanted a million man protest rally. An uncountable multitude of acolytes and devotees on the Mall that loved him and showed it with praise, and worship that he could embellish as ‘The HUGIST rally of all time!”

That’s my take anyway.
              Last edited by AlabamAlum; January 9, 2021, 11:58 AM.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The Michigan Miltia is an extremist wacko group
                The militia group that planned to kidnap Whitmer to execute her for treason and/or storm the Capitol in Lansing to kill legislators were extremist wackos
                Last edited by froot loops; January 9, 2021, 12:06 PM.

Comment

• There will be no breakup up of social media with Creepy Joe at the wheel...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                    DSL,

I get what you’re saying. Trump pulling strings with his followers as deftly as Iago did with Otello, and both to a disastrous end. I just don’t believe that was his intent was to manipulate the crowd into lawlessness at all. He’s not s Machiavelli at all. Or if he is, he’s shitty at it. Trump is an immature and is a slave to praise, worship, and just about any other flavor of external validation. I think he wanted a million man protest rally. An uncountable multitude of acolytes and devotees on the Mall that loved him and showed it with praise, and worship that he could embellish as ‘The HUGIST rally of all time!”

That’s my take anyway.
                    Too bad for Michiganders that the plot failed...
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                      The Michigan Miltia is an extremist wacko group
                      The militia group that planned to kidnap Whitmer to ex cute her for treason and/or storm the Capitol in Lansing to kill legislators were extremist wackos
                      The militia groups patrolling the streets in Kenosha and Louisville, on the other hand, were not wacko groups, but they were lampooned as such. The very word "militia" is associated with extremism and lawlessness, and it shouldn't be. It is in our Constitution.
                      Last edited by Hannibal; January 9, 2021, 12:06 PM.

Comment

• A good perspective on Trumpists being labeled "domestic terrorists", from somebody who has experienced the phenomenon for real.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                          DSL,

I get what you’re saying. That Trump pulling strings with his followers as deftly as Iago did with Otello, and both to a disastrous end - I just don’t see it. I just don’t believe that was his intent was to manipulate the crowd into lawlessness at all. He’s not s Machiavelli at all. Or if he is, he’s shitty at it. Trump is an immature and is a slave to praise, worship, and just about any other flavor of external validation. I think he wanted a million man protest rally. An uncountable multitude of acolytes and devotees on the Mall that loved him and showed it with praise, and worship that he could embellish as ‘The HUGIST rally of all time!”

That’s my take anyway.
                          His words were to march on the Capitol and project strength because the legislators were being weak. What do you think he thought that meant? And there are reports that he was really jazzed to see what was happening.

I think there was is huge gray area, but all througout the Trump era he encourages violence in the abstract. Whether it is to promise to defend anyone punching a protestor at his rallies or encourage policeman not to be so nice with suspects.

Comment

• Around 2:30 or so, not long after the Capitol had been stormed, Trump's first reaction was to denounce Mike Pence on Twitter, saying he lacked the courage to save our country. A number of accounts and livestreamed videos show that in the minutes right after that tweet, rioters started shouting to each to find Mike Pence. Here they are chanting "Hang Mike Pence". They built a makeshift gallows outside on the Mall if you haven't seen it.

ErQyRnwVcAAKlmu?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

His words were to march on the Capitol and project strength because the legislators were being weak. What do you think he thought that meant? And there are reports that he was really jazzed to see what was happening.

I think there was is huge gray area, but all througout the Trump era he encourages violence in the abstract. Whether it is to promise to defend anyone punching a protestor at his rallies or encourage policeman not to be so nice with suspects.
                              I think the strength he was talking about was a visual representation of his vocal support.

...and “reports that he was really jazzed”? Are those reports substantiated or verifiable? If not, I think you need to be careful in reporting motherfucking apocryphal things in the wake of such events (of whatever you lambasted Liney with).
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The Michigan Militia never, ever advocated the death of Gretchen Whitmer.

Ever.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X