No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHOTS. IN. ARMS. Save your fucking "equity" bullshit for some other bullshit.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I bet there isn't a single person on this board that makes $15.00 or less an hour. I pay over $50,000 a year for a paralegal plus full health care and a matching fund 401(K)

Comment

• I misspoke. The Senate rejected the minimum wage. And, no, there isn't anyone making minimum wage (or $15/hr) because we're mostly not high school or college kids at entry level jobs. I say mostly because I'm still not sure about DSL. Yeah, I've been posting with him since the late 90s, but he posted like a 6-yr old back then. So, it's possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
          I bet there isn't a single person on this board that makes $15.00 or less an hour. I pay over $50,000 a year for a paralegal plus full health care and a matching fund 401(K)
          Presumably, you want someone that is competent and competent people have options (especially in the ridiculously tight pre-covid labor market). I'm sure you could pay $25,000 a year w/ no benefits, but you'd likely end up disbarred for missed court filings and, even worse, have to spend time with The Wizard or his Indiana equivalent. Egads.

Comment

• I quit Dairy Queen last week so I'm not making minimum wage anymore either. Make your own damn blizzards

Comment

• Biden signed some silly EOs and announced he was upping the cap on immigrants (say refugees) from 15K (under Trump) to 125K (BO had it at 135K). This is nothing more than pandering to the political left that love sanctuary cities. Why is that? Because Trump eviscerated immigration services over the course of his presidency by defunding it. There aren't enough immigration officers on the government payroll to process the back-log that already exists let alone adding this shit-ton of newbees. He also directed the offices of immigration services to rewrite rules and processes that affect the mechanics of how an immigrant or refugee presents at the boarder and works his way through the system to a green card and then citizenship. It was already really complicated and took years - like 6 or more.

The illegals issue - the 11M of them illegally in the US - is a completely different issue. I'm not an amnesty supporter but I am in favor of things like DACA and a way forward for the rest that involve deportation and return via appropriate channels - those channels having also been eviscerated during the Trump period. That has to be built back up

So, the point is that 125K newbees and 11M illegals aren't going to suddenly flood the labor market and prevent red blooded Americans from getting jobs. This is the meme from the hard right.

I did found this site recently trying to understand the hard rights position on immigration. It's decent.

Read news & articles on how immigration increases competition in the labor market for jobs and drains the US economy. Illegal immigration dramatically increases competition in the labor market, particularly for low-skilled jobs.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
                I bet there isn't a single person on this board that makes $15.00 or less an hour. I pay over $50,000 a year for a paralegal plus full health care and a matching fund 401(K)
                You lost your bet.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                  Shocking vaccine news ........why are states and counties dominated by progressive leadership having problems distributing vaccines:

Why? A common problem seems to be a focus on process rather than on getting shots into arms. Some progressive leaders are effectively sacrificing efficiency for what they consider to be equity.
                  Turn it all over to Amazon and we will all be vacinated by Friday. Prime members by Wednesday.

Comment

• Bye bye, Lou. Ya hate to see it

Lou Dobbs, the longtime host of the signature right-wing talk show on the Fox Business Network, was canned by the network on Friday night.

Comment

• That lawsuit is legit. Fox has a problem.

Comment

• Lou isn't WOKE enough for Rupert...
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Lou Dobbs has a bright future as the next reanimated corpse pitching reverse mortgages on TV.
                          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Talent, Mr Mojo Risin is not seeing an option for tiebreaker in the SB ? 62 Would be the number.

Comment

• Done

Comment

• The official list of "anthems" being played/sung before the Super Bowl.

1. AOC "Don't Make Them Drink From Toilets" anthem
                                2. Maxine Waters "Charge them all with murder" anthem
                                3. BLM "Why not burn them down if they have insurance?" anthem
                                4. Iran "What Nuclear Arms Program?' anthem
                                5. "You can keep your current insurance" anthem written by B. Obama
                                6. "All of you are bigots" anthem by LGBTQ
                                7. "Wear your mask anthem" by Dr. Fauci
                                8. "No, you can't play sports" by Gretch Whitmer
                                9. "Yes, I was beat up", by Jussie Smollett
                                10. "Buy Microsoft" by Bill Gates
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X