No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSL ..... nuclear brinksmanship. It's been played multiple times in the last 50y, the most notable the Cuban Missile Crisis. Any leader can play this game risking the anhelation of himself and his country. Khrushchev did it now Putin is doing it. At some point in this classic nuclear war game, history reminds that self preservation prevails. It's a probability risk calculation. If NATO engages on a conventional level does Putin escalate with tactical nukes or ICBMs? My bet, out of his own egotism and self interests - knowing that if he takes such a step he is likely to himself be destroyed - , is that he won't and that planners looking at the probability risk that he will know this.

What it comes down to DSL is this, do you sit by and watch the Russians lay siege to three Ukrainian cities, pulverize them causing an unprecedented humanitarian catastrophe in the process? Do you signal to the rest of the autocrats in the word - take whatever you want, destroy cities, kill indiscriminately to obtain your objectives, democracies don't have the political will or the stomach to stop you - or, given a low risk probability your actions will precipitate a nuclear exchange by your adversary, do democratic leaders make a future investment in global security by confronting the aggression with what is likely necessary - conventional force on force?

I'm going with the latter option via NATO AIr Power with the firm belief that Putin will not employ a nuke tactically or strategically in the face of his forces being rendered ineffective by an air campaign. Putin has not only blundered on a tactical level by failing to realize the strength of the Ukrainian resistance but also strategically by failing to recognize that NATO and the world would unite again him. The delays in achieving his objectives have resulted in what we call a target rich environment of out in the open and apparently undefended lines of military equipment. Sieze the day. BOMB IT.

Sanctions are fine but the final ingredient needed from the West is a humiliating ass kicking of his forces by NATO Air Power. It appears to me that the Russians have failed to deploy the necessary equipment to achieve air superiority over the battle space. They assumed they didn't need it. Meanwhile there appears to be an obvious blunder by Russian planners openly massing forces in a small area making them vulnerable to both ground and air attack. NATO needs to seize on these blunders and by doing so convince Putin he needs to quit the battle.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• It’s time to bomb the fuck out of the Russians. I’m inspired by the Ukrainians who’ve repelled the “superior” Russki army to this point.

I was resigned to believing none of this mattered much because the West doesn’t have the backbone to do what is necessary. But the global response has been unified in its condemnation. When 20 year-old hairdressers and nail ladies are closing up shop to pick up an AK and defend their homeland, that speaks to me. Those are my kind of people.

Putin is a madman and he’s on the ropes. Time to sweep the leg. His army is bullshit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Obi-Jon View Post

And here's the Chechen leader issuing an ultimatum to Europe to withdraw threatening sanction statements by February 31st....

https://twitter.com/rianru/status/1498095033559437321
        Feb 31st?

Comment

• We're not getting into a shooting war with the Russians. Putin isn't going to suddenly cower after getting poked in the nose. It'll genuinely be WWIII.

Maybe, maybe there will be NATO airstrikes if Putin goes full Grozny on Ukraine's cities.

I'm still not sure what the actual strategy has been for them in the first 5 days but that wasn't anywhere close to their actual fighting strength. They were apparently using mainly conscripts, had lousy communication, and sent in batches of troops too small to accomplish much. That may have been Putin's arrogance, believing barely out of boot camp Russians in small numbers could take Ukraine without much trouble. He's been smoking too much of his own stash.

Comment

• If any of you conservatives know this guy, shoot him in the nuts if he gets back to the States alive, will you?

Hopefully the Russkies move him to the front line. He looks like he could provide good cover for 2 or 3 of them.

Comment

• The comments are funny.
              “Ukrainians, if you see this guy coming for you, just run up a flight of stairs.”

🤣
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• The russians aren't that tough. An undersized Rocky Balboa beat the mammoth russian Ivan Drago. The Wolverines...a rag tag group of American guerillas made up of high schoolers and old fucks beat the russians...and our amateur hockey team beat the unbeatable soviets in 1980.

They ain't so tough.
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Where are the A-10s? There’s a southbound 30 mile bumper to bumper Russian convoy north of Kviv. Remember the “Highway of Death” out of Kuwait? Here’s a golden opportunity to crush Putin’s northern campaign.
                  I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    If any of you conservatives know this guy, shoot him in the nuts if he gets back to the States alive, will you?

Hopefully the Russkies move him to the front line. He looks like he could provide good cover for 2 or 3 of them.

He is Russell Bonner Bentley. Here's a shot from his Facebook page.

assclown.jpg
                    I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• In the most recent Quinnipiac poll, Rs, by a lot more than Ds, think that the United States and/or The Chairman aren't being tough enough on Russia (the question was asked two ways to try to cull partisan reaction -- "US" and "Biden"). Ds seem to think The Chairman has, as per usual, got everything just about right.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• A less scientific, but just as accurate, poll would be my FB feed. All of the SJ lefty types that could wait to post about anything that could possibly be blamed on Trump are now more concerned with finding Paczki than they are about this fiasco.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post
                          A less scientific, but just as accurate, poll would be my FB feed. All of the SJ lefty types that could wait to post about anything that could possibly be blamed on Trump are now more concerned with finding Paczki than they are about this fiasco.
                          This.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Obi-Jon View Post
                            Where are the A-10s? .
                            They are where they should be. Parked.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              In the most recent Quinnipiac poll, Rs, by a lot more than Ds, think that the United States and/or The Chairman aren't being tough enough on Russia (the question was asked two ways to try to cull partisan reaction -- "US" and "Biden"). Ds seem to think The Chairman has, as per usual, got everything just about right.
                              I see the poll you're talking about and it's all over the map.

Because a later question asks if the US should get involved if Russia attacks a NATO member. And only 69% of Republicans say yes versus 76% for Democrats.

There's another question about moving US troops to NATO members Romania & Poland, and R's are a lot less enthusiastic about that too.

My speculation is that NATO has been viewed negatively by conservative media for a while now and that's sunk in to a degree with their audience. Ukraine isn't "tainted" by that membership

National Release – February 28, 2022 (qu.edu)

Comment

• It's not really all that over the map. It's actually fair consistent even if factoring in political biases. By and large, both parties want at least this much done or more. Almost no one thinks we're doing too little. The split a little on the reaction to the Ukraine (we could do more w/ sanctions) and split a little on actual use of military force in a hypothetical (which, I think, is very much a hypothetical). But, even the split on the latter is relatively small (69/76 is actuually probably w/in the MoE if it's 3.5 -- but even at 7, it's small)

I don't really care that much other than that I've seen absolute and utter nonsense circulating that Rs want Putin to win.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X