No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Johnson in Wisconsin is someone that the Dems really ought to be able to beat (because he's a fucking idiot) but I don't even know who the hell the Dems are running against him. Not a good sign.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      Ron Johnson in Wisconsin is someone that the Dems really ought to be able to beat (because he's a fucking idiot) but I don't even know who the hell the Dems are running against him. Not a good sign.
      The bigger the idiot, the more Repub support.
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• It’s funny how many of these conservative pseudo-populists will resort to waving their Ivy League degree in your face and sneering at your public education when they are unable to respond coherently to criticism (Carpenter’s takedown of his “documentary” was quite good and well worth reading. Even contains some pointed criticism from Ben Shapiro)

Comment

• I wonder what school produced "Higher taxes on the rich will lower inflation!" and "Except for the 17M vaccinations done prior to my taking office, there were no vaccinations available when I took office."

If dumb is an attribute Rs prize, then The Chairman should get re-elected with a landslide of bipartisan support.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Finland's Parliament voted 188-8 to join NATO.

Putin = strategic genius

Comment

• You know the “2000 Mules” thing is funny. Dinesh isn’t really taken seriously. Talk of it has to make Biden’s team happy because it detracts from the serious issues and grievous mistakes this administration has made that has (a) helped inflation skyrocket (b) enabled a crumbling southern border (c) inept international policies with WWIII not unimaginable and (d) the formation of a “ministry of truth” headed by a far Left Tik-Toker.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• It may be that the only electable Dem in 2024 would be Joe Manchin.
                I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                  I wonder what school produced "Higher taxes on the rich will lower inflation!" and "Except for the 17M vaccinations done prior to my taking office, there were no vaccinations available when I took office."

If dumb is an attribute Rs prize, then The Chairman should get re-elected with a landslide of bipartisan support.
                  The vaccinations thing is a bald-faced lie but higher income taxes actually WOULD fight inflation, wouldn't it? Of course, you'd need to implement broad based income taxes and not the corporate taxes Biden has been muttering about.

Comment

• DSL est un crétin complet
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Attached Files
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Oh good, the proprietor of Wizzie's Wild Wings & Prairie Dog Removal has entered the chat

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

It was a truly astounding in its badness. And, it's not like the question fell from the fucking sky. It was the White House tweet -- and one that Jeff Bezos of all people mocked as idiocy. So, not only was the answer Kamala Harris-esque in its word soup awkward vacuousness, it was a question any competent press secretary should have been prepared for. As you noted, Psaki would have surely been prepared insofar as she would have concluded "Oh great, more dumbfuckery to defend....no way in fuck am I gonna actually answer that...give it the shortest answer possible and move the fuck on..."
                          It's at moments like this when you really start to question if the Progs really believe what they are advocating- or if they are just playing out a cruel joke on the labels that they claim to care about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

The vaccinations thing is a bald-faced lie but higher income taxes actually WOULD fight inflation, wouldn't it? Of course, you'd need to implement broad based income taxes and not the corporate taxes Biden has been muttering about.
                            Care to expand on that and explain?

Comment

• I'll answer that one. DSL is a fucking moron.
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

Care to expand on that and explain?
                                Larry Summers, who was the canary in the coal mine 15 months ago on inflation, said the idea of raising taxes (as progressively as possible) would in fact fight inflation. The problem is there's too much demand and too much disposable income, along with international supply chain issues caused by both Covid and Ukraine that are largely beyond the power of the federal government.

Of course raising taxes risks throwing the economy into recession. I also realize not everyone believes you can fight inflation on the demand side and in fact, more tax cuts to corporations are what's called for here. That'll go over well.

Larry Summers defends Biden from Bezos attack over inflation (nypost.com)

Comment

Working...
                                X