Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #TrustScience
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• b17543f8f4c87bd8.jpg

Comment

• Supreme Court blocks Texas social media law that would ban almost all moderation on Facebook, Twitter, etc. Gorsuch, Thomas, Alito, and...Kagan (?!) dissented

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
          Supreme Court blocks Texas social media law that would ban almost all moderation on Facebook, Twitter, etc. Gorsuch, Thomas, Alito, and...Kagan (?!) dissented
          Not surprising. Kudos to Florida for trying though. It’ll have to be handled via either antitrust action or classifying them as “publishers” instead of “platforms” so that they can be sued into oblivion.

Comment

• The procedural posture of the case makes it such that this order doesn’t really say that much.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• They ARE platforms. If you don't like the moderation, start your own platform, like Truth Social or 8chan. Just because most rational people do not frequent platforms for liars and right wing nut jobs is no reason to whine about twitter, facebook, etc for squashing lies, propaganda and the buffoons that propagate such. Or you could just let your pocketbook speak for you and not have a twitter, facebook, instagram, or whatever account at all (like me). Never had one of those accounts and never will. I can find far more interesting ways to waste my time.

Like collecting ancient coins. I recently purchased/received this diobol originating from Apollonia Pontika (city-state of ancient Thrace), silver, about 375BC. Reference: BMC 150-1.

medusa04.jpg

Last edited by Obi-Jon; May 31, 2022, 07:16 PM.
              I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• There are reports this morning from news agencies inside Russia that Russia is exercising potentially Nuclear tipped Yars intercontinental ballistic missile launchers near Moscow. This is a report in the public domain purposefully originated by the Russian MOD. Supposedly it is in response to the US decision to provide Ukraine with a medium range MLRS system.

Putin has rattled the nuclear sable on multiple occasions only to have his spokespeople walk back the threat. As well, reports of "exercises," while suggestive that Russian nuclear posture has changed, actual indications of that are derived from signals intelligence that we aren't going to hear about. In the coming days we may get a better picture of Russian intent from US, UK or NAto intelligence bodies.

As Jon pointed out up thread, if providing MLRS systems to Ukraine is a "red line" for Moscow, it's time to start offering these up to Putin. It should be obvious to rational people that his war in Ukraine is being conducted not to engage the Ukrainian military to seek a favorable outcome at a negotiating table but with the purpose of inflicting maximum civilian deaths and destruction of infrastructure throughout Ukraine, i.e., to strangle it. Add to this Putin's obvious efforts to hold the world hostage to an impending food crisis by blocking grain shipments from Ukraine. There is strong evidence of Russian war crimes and what appears to be attempts by Russia to wipe out future generations of Ukrainians their economy, their culture and Ukrainian life.

In the face of this reality, the west cannot let Putin blackmail the world while he conducts a shameful and purposeless war of aggression against a neighboring country he covets unheard of since WWII.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Trump pushed an article yesterday claiming Kemp won only thanks to voter fraud. The article was from lunatic Emerald Robinson, who used to be NewsMax's WH correspondent until she was fired for claiming vaccines had satanic tracking devices in them. Her "analysis" was that nobody EVER gets 74% of the vote - therefore Kemp cheated.

People get 74% of the vote in primaries all the time. Marjorie fucking Greene got over 70% of the vote in her primary.

There is nothing ‘fishy’ about Brian Kemp’s winning 70+ percent of the vote in his primary. Victories by that margin are common in primaries.

Comment

• The last Howard Johnson's in existence has closed.

I guess there is some controversy over the claim that this was the last one though. This restaurant shared the name only; the last one with a direct tie to the original company was in Bangor, Maine and closed in 2015.

When I was a kid and we took road trips these places were everywhere. There's a greasy spoon diner in my hometown that's older than I am that I only recently found out occupies the same building as an old Howard Johnson that closed in the 70's.

The last Howard Johnson's restaurant standing closed this month. These were a staple of road trips and part of Americana.

Comment

• Maybe Brandon will come to the rescue of Howard Johnson's- since it's obvious that he doesn't have a clue on how to do anything else right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                        The last Howard Johnson's in existence has closed.

I guess there is some controversy over the claim that this was the last one though. This restaurant shared the name only; the last one with a direct tie to the original company was in Bangor, Maine and closed in 2015.

When I was a kid and we took road trips these places were everywhere. There's a greasy spoon diner in my hometown that's older than I am that I only recently found out occupies the same building as an old Howard Johnson that closed in the 70's.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/road-tr...st-restaurant/
                        Just like Nickerson farms and Stuckeys. They seemed to be everywhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post
                          Maybe Brandon will come to the rescue of Howard Johnson's- since it's obvious that he doesn't have a clue on how to do anything else right.
                          Not true. He’s done more than any person in history to make Jimmy Carter’s presidency look better in hindsight.

Comment

• Dave Brandon never made ANYONE look good.
                            I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• Goss and Martin were Geniuses compared to "Dominos weR Us" Dave

Comment

• Lavarof is in Saudi Arabia trying to alleviate the shit-storm the EU has crated for Russia's oil economy. He's whining about the US providing MLRS systems to Ukraine. Fuck him and Putin. Get your god damn army out of Ukraine, stop killing, torturing and raping Ukrainians. Stop trying to turn Ukrainian cities into ruble and you'll solve a lot of problems for Russia and the rest of the world that YOU created. YOU, Full Stop.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X