• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      The Rays players who refused to wear the patch made it pretty clear (to me, anyway) that it wasn't JUST because they dislike trannies

"So it's a hard decision. Because ultimately we all said what we want is them to know that all are welcome and loved here. But when we put it on our bodies, I think a lot of guys decided that it's just a lifestyle that maybe — not that they look down on anybody or think differently — it's just that maybe we don't want to encourage it if we believe in Jesus, who's encouraged us to live a lifestyle that would abstain from that behavior, just like [Jesus] encourages me as a heterosexual male to abstain from sex outside of the confines of marriage. It's no different."

If there were no such things as transgender folks, I'm pretty sure these 5 guys would've still refused to wear the patch. For better or worse.

Five Tampa Bay Rays players decline to wear LGBTQ+ logo on uniform during Pride Night celebration - CBSSports.com
      Seems like a pretty reasonable statement to me. I mean, it's one thing to accept whatever lifestyle; it's another to be forced to openly endorse it. That's a really, really big distinction.

But, in the "white silence=violence" world, simply wanting to go about your business saying nothing is, well, bigoted.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
        Rules vary depending on political affiliation, example #1,265,279,356:

Georgetown law school dean, Ilya Shapiro, resigned his position after being reinstated after a 4 month investigation into his Tweet criticizing Biden's race/gender-based SCOTUS nomination. He went out swinging in his resignation letter but this glaring double standard is just to rich not to share:

Shapiro also notes the egregious double standard applied by Georgetown to belligerent, malicious, and bigoted tweets by faculty on the left side of the political spectrum:
        • In 2018, Georgetown protected this tweet from Professor Carol Christine Fair during Justice Kavanaugh’s confirmation process: “Look at this chorus of entitled white men justifying a serial rapist’s arrogated entitlement. All of them deserve miserable deaths while feminists laugh as they take their last gasps. Bonus: we castrate their corpses and feed them to swine? Yes.” When Prof. Fair advocated mass murder and castration based on race and gender, Georgetown did not initiate an investigation, but instead invoked Georgetown’s free-expression policy.

• In 2020, Georgetown took no action when law professor Heidi Feldman tweeted “law professors and law school deans” should “not support applications from our students to clerk for” judges appointed by President Donald Trump. “To work for such a judge,” Prof. Feldman continued, “indelibly marks a lawyer as lacking in the character and judgment necessary for the practice of law.” These comments have the potential to threaten the careers of all of our conservative and libertarian students, or indeed anyone who clerks for duly confirmed Article III judges.

• Just last month, law professor Josh Chafetz tweeted: “The ‘protest at the Supreme Court, not at the justices’ houses’ line would be more persuasive if the Court hadn’t this week erected fencing to prevent protesters from coming anywhere near it.” He added, “When the mob is right, some (but not all!) more aggressive tactics are justified.” Later, he tagged Georgetown Law in a tweet saying that the law school was “not going to fire me over a tweet you don’t like.”

Oh, those crazy right-wingers.
        The Shapiro incident and resignation letter ought to be required reading for all who somehow think conservatives are just making this shit up.

Comment

• And, of course, to note DSL's point re Ohio and trans sports shit...that is actually something that is, in fact, very rare. The actual trans issues are so minimal and so outside the fat part of the bell curve of what matters that it's crazy to spend time on them. Yet, Rs are able to do so and score political points because, in large part, there's enough nutjobs Progs who will rip you for thinking dudes ought not play chick sports. And while the latter almost never happens, there's a fuckton of people who hold the former opinion.

So, in principle, I definitely agree with your basic premise that this is ludicrous. But, it's not really Rs that forced this into the national conscience. It's a definite pushback to Woke nonsense.

I'd also note that, while we're on it, school shooting deaths make up a miniscule number of gun deaths and have since Columbine. But, sometimes an issue gives you the high ground to score political points so you seize it. But if we really cared about gun deaths we'd be forced to conclude that handguns do the killing; we ain't banning those; our best option is to probably rigorously enforce straw sales, illegal sales, use of an illegally obtain gun; etc...BUT, you know, industrial prison complex....

Comment

• so thursday night we get to watch the house comedy hour starring a cast of morons that spent 4 years trying to throw him out and now look like they are gonna spend another 4 trying to keepo hoim from running. national wall to wall coverage of 1/6 without any defensive witnesses or exculpatory evidense allowed. brought to you by the same people that just sen 5 fbi agents with shotguns and full cuffs to arrest a guy in an airport for 2 misdemeanors and throw him.

meanwhile much of the middle class are making decisions on whether to put there 50 bucks they have left into the gas tank or buying some hamburgers and hotdogs for their family to eat that night

the idiocy of the media and the democrats really knows no ends does it. primetime time multiple networks all with their top broadcast teams for another episode of the kangaroo court brought to you by pelosi nadler raskin and schiff co starring chaney and crybaby

what a choke nothing will be said about the Jan 4 meeting between trump, mark milley among others discussing potential threat on Jan 6. just like trum to try to overthrow govt by aothorizing uses of the military to protect proceeding for 1/6. nothing on why those 2 explosives were set to draw out the capital police that day or why proterstor with bullhorns shouting instructions that day were never arrested.

show me why the capital was breached. where did the breach occur. where were the 15000 capital police that moment they breached. show me any planning that was done in reagards to the assualt thats what i want this commision to show me. why did many of these capital police just let them by. why was there no perimeter. was there intel before showing this was gonna happen and why was it ignored.

this will be another circus

Comment

• As to shit that actually matters, most Rs or conservatives are sort of perplexed at the Ds' faux concern for high gas prices. Afterall, that's what they WANT. They want fossil fuels priced out of existence and god knows "green" (non-nuclear) energy is never gonna undercut them, so they need really high fossil fuel prices. I mean, that IS the Green agenda and the majority of Ds are in line.

So, it's refreshing to hear John Kerry speak the truth about what Ds are and where they stand on cheap energy (they don't want it) https://time.com/6184946/john-kerry-...ime100-summit/

“You have this new revisionism suggesting that we have to be pumping oil like crazy, and we have to be moving into long term [fossil fuel] infrastructure building, which would be absolutely disastrous...We have to push back, and we have to push back hard.”
              An example, of course, of long term fossil fuel infrastructure building is, you know, refineries. And, of course, refinery capacity remains a huge bottleneck in gas prices. We can only refine so much. Increase the oil supply all you want...it has to be turned into gas. And there's no earthly, rational reason why any oil company would spend the billions necessary to increase refinery capacity when people like John Kerry speak for half the country.

So, yeah, it may not be fair to blame The Chairman for ALL of the higher gas prices, but he and The Party bear a fair amount of blame AND, to be clear, it's EXACTLY what The Party wants. We must push back hard against the suggestion we need improved long-term infrastructre, so says The Party.

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                so thursday night we get to watch the house comedy hour starring a cast of morons that spent 4 years trying to throw him out and now look like they are gonna spend another 4 trying to keepo hoim from running. national wall to wall coverage of 1/6 without any defensive witnesses or exculpatory evidense allowed. brought to you by the same people that just sen 5 fbi agents with shotguns and full cuffs to arrest a guy in an airport for 2 misdemeanors and throw him.
                Why were so many Congressional Republicans texting Mark Meadows and begging him to get Trump to send the mob home? Why did they think Trump could control the mob? Didn't anyone tell them ahead of time the cover story was going to be "Antifa did it"?

I bet you've got a whole bunch of stuff you printed off GateWay Pundit in a binder marked "Exculpatory Evidense". Send it to Leader McCarthy. Maybe he can read it aloud on Zoom or something.

Comment

• Also I hear it's quite possible Javanka will be given starring roles as witnesses to the Madness of King Donald. Must watch TV! Set your VCR, crash!

Comment

• Democrats are more offended by mean tweets than they are by the mass grooming of children by the alphabet soup.

Comment

• I'm offended by stupidity...which means many of you fuckers offend me daily...
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Prog DA of San Francisco got removed from office, though I guess he could potentially run again next November if he wants.

Comment

• It's worth noting that multiple checks and balances in place do actually offer the people a chance to have their say. It's almost unimagineable that Boudin (or the school board members in SF) would get recalled, but ultimately their constituents deemed them so bad that they were. Even in SF, Progs can get smacked back into line.

And the same goes, e.g., in Ohio. As I reiterate this over and over to my wife -- there will be a Constitutional Amendment on the ballot re abortion. We, as voters, will have a direct say in a purely democratic manner. If the folks pushing the Amendment keep it in the middle -- say something like 15 weeks, exceptions thereafter for physical health, it should pass. If you reach for the stars, well..

In SF, it's not going to mean that the next DA is "tough on crime" -- but the next DA may care about people shitting on the streets and unchecked shoplifting. In Ohio, it's not going to mean that you can kill your baby right up until delivery, but it may mean you have aboriton access for the first trimester.

Comment

• 286763284_494799529066957_831650157341220042_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p526x296&_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=ZSf8evlfaNEAX-cKlAo&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=00_AT9QbzTOJovexGIYEft8xCSqTbJ4a0r_Yt8NzwW7JR0fTw&oe=62A572C7.j
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I wasn't really familiar with Chesa Boudin until I read up on him yesterday. Holy shit, do you know his lineage? Both his parents were in the Weather Underground/May 19 Communist Organization and convicted in the 1981 Brinks truck robbery in New York. Father, David Gilbert, was convicted of 3 counts of murder and sentenced to 75 years to life. His mom, Kathy Boudin received 20 years to life for her role. In all, 3 people were killed - one Brinks employee and two police officers while 3 others survived their wounds. As an outgoing present to Gilbert, Andrew Cuomo granted him clemency in August of last year on his way out the door. Gilbert was released on parole in Nov. 2021. Kathy Boudin was granted parole in 2003 and in 2008 was hired as an adjunct professor at Columbia University. Well, ain't that swell.

At the time of the robbery/murder the couple had a 14 month old son named Chesa. After his parents went to prison young Chesa was raised in Chicago by Bill Ayers and Bernadine Dohrn. Chesa would grow up to be a prosecuting attorney that had a reputation for being soft on crime. Shocking.

Comment

• That's quite a resume, and it explains a lot. The Weather Underground was the most dangerous terror organization of my lifetime here in the US.
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X