• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump? Gloat?

guffaw
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

It’s quite a feather in his cap but do you think he’d gloat about it??
      Hmmmmm (see below)

OTOH, NY Times claims Trump's been privately telling people that the decision will hurt Republicans in the midterms.

FWCKqVpXoAQtDnS?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Comment

• Somebody should really track down Justice Kennedy and get his hot take on today. He retired to make room for Kavanaugh. He wrote the opinion in Casey that (also) got overturned today. He also wrote the Obergefell and Lawrence opinions that Clarence Thomas said should be overturned as soon as possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Trump could've woken up every day and taken a shit on the Oval Office floor and 35% of the country would say he's doing a fantastic job, keep up the good work. So long as he didn't enact any gun control, there's virtually nothing he could do that would alienate that hardcore base.

Biden doesn't HAVE a hardcore base. Never did. That's why his floor is lower. People wanted a boring caretaker that would quietly run a competent govt and largely stay out of the public's eye. They haven't gotten that.
          Trump’s unpopularity wasn’t agenda related. Biden’s is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

It’s quite a feather in his cap but do you think he’d gloat about it??
            Trump gloat? Nahh. He’ll be humble and gracious as always.

Comment

• Some liberal media types are lashing out at Ruth Bader Ginsburg for staying in office too long. They say she should have retired when Obama (supposedly) urged her to. Obama is getting some criticism for not installing Merrick Garland as a Justice using a "recess appointment", or some such thing.

And of course, the cries are out there to "pack" the Court.

That's akin to asking UGA to dress in Michigan uniforms in November and play OSU in Columbus.

"Packing" the Court might not be such a great idea for Progs. Nothing is in place to stop a future Republican Senate/President from packing on just enough more to overcome whatever gets added. So, someday, we could have a USSC group of what, 100 Justices?
              Last edited by lineygoblue; June 24, 2022, 06:53 PM.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• If Ginsburg had retired when Obama wanted her to then the decision just upholds the Mississippi law because that’s what Roberts wanted to do.

Whatever. The people will have their say. Democracy.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The secret to a good Moscow Mule is a great ginger beer.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                    The secret to a good Moscow Mule is a great ginger beer.
                    Yep. Otherwise it is nothing more than Vodka and gingerale ( although some fresh ginger and lime can salvage it)
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      If Ginsburg had retired when Obama wanted her to then the decision just upholds the Mississippi law because that’s what Roberts wanted to do.

Whatever. The people will have their say. Democracy.
                      If Ginsburg retires in Obama’s second term

If Clinton doesn’t get shocked by Trumpo

If McConnell doesn’t refuse to fill Scalia’s vacancy for 14 months

If McConnell doesn’t ram through ACB’s nomination in just a few weeks

Comment

• Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, and ACB all lied in their confirmation hearings. Or at minimum were extremely deceptive and evasive. Sotomayor lied too, I’m willing to admit that. I forget the precedent she vowed to respect and didn’t off the top of my head. All SC nominees basically have to lie to get appointed at this point.

Comment

• If the Ds could have won enough elections to win the Senate.

ACB never lumped Roe in with “super precedent.”

But, their answers are probably correct — you respect precedent but stare decisis isn’t immutably binding.

Comment

• My input into the hamburger wars:

I got a chance to try Culvers a couple of weeks ago and Shake Shack in NYC when I went to my daughter's graduation. My list of chain restaurant burgers is incomplete as I have never had In-N-Out, but here is my ranking for now

Freddy's Steak Burger
                            Shake Shack
                            Culvers
                            Five Guys
                            Whataburger

BTW, none of these are bad and are close to being interchangable.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• You really can’t ask prospective justices how they’d rule on each case and expect serious answers.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                                My input into the hamburger wars:

I got a chance to try Culvers a couple of weeks ago and Shake Shack in NYC when I went to my daughter's graduation. My list of chain restaurant burgers is incomplete as I have never had In-N-Out, but here is my ranking for now

Freddy's Steak Burger
                                Shake Shack
                                Culvers
                                Five Guys
                                Whataburger

BTW, none of these are bad and are close to being interchangable.
                                Among these Whataburger is definitely last. They are bascially nothing beyond a Burger King or Carl's Jr. clone.

I'd have Five Guys or Shake Shack in first place.

Crazy you haven't had Shake Shack or Culver's before now. You've been out of the Midwest for too long.

Comment

Working...
                                X