Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
    A junkie has a high opinion of heroin. Should we take their word on setting policy?
    Read post #7910.

Comment

• Ahh.... "Nevermind" - Emily Litella
      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I laughed SLF.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
          He seemed to have a pretty high opinion of that varmint gun.
          Hah...kinda thought the same...it's just a harmless gun to kill pests...that's a absolute necessity to defend ourselves against terrorists, rapists, and a tyrannical govt!!

Comment

• You never know when you are going to need to kill a couple hundred varmints in rapid succession.
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• The video gives you leftists good advice: Stop Talking

The seal gives his reasons for calling this a good rifle for self-defense (at 1:20)

easy to learn
              easy to use
              accurate
              reliable

If you guys have read Steinbeck's Travels with Charlie, the author was using a .222 varmint rifle in the book. Now picture that rifle "dressed up" to look like the automatic AR-15 that the military uses. Simple, accurate and reliable are good things. But to say the semi-automatic version is a "Weapon of War" is just stupid.
              Last edited by Da Geezer; June 17, 2016, 08:25 PM.

Comment

• if it is semi auto with a high capacity mag, it is a weapon of war.
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                  The video gives you leftists good advice: Stop Talking
                  LOL. Riiiiiiiiight.

Comment

• Yes, that is the standard talking point, if you don't agree you must not be educated enough on guns. Nevermind, a psycho bought two guns last week and shot 100 people. All they needed was a few well trained Patriots with a gun. Try to shut down the conversation.

Do people actually think there is not enough guns in the street, that our gun laws are preventing these well armed Patriots from taking these guys out?

Comment

The seal gives his reasons for calling this a good rifle for self-defense (at 1:20)

easy to learn
                      easy to use
                      accurate
                      reliable

If you guys have read Steinbeck's Travels with Charlie, the author was using a .222 varmint rifle in the book. Now picture that rifle "dressed up" to look like the automatic AR-15 that the military uses. Simple, accurate and reliable are good things. But to say the semi-automatic version is a "Weapon of War" is just stupid.
                      The derp is strong with this one.

.22 "varmint" round v 5.56mm military.

I've fired both, and you'd be some kind of serious fool to even remotely confuse the two...and outright dishonest to infer they are the same.
                      Last edited by Wild Hoss; June 17, 2016, 10:16 PM.

Comment

easy to learn
                        easy to use
                        accurate
                        reliable

As far as home defense goes an AR-15 is a horrible choice. Very high velocity rounds such as .223 will go through every wall in your house. I hope whoever chooses that weapon to shoot at a home invader doesn't have loved ones in adjacent rooms because they become potential collateral damage with every round that misses the intruder. The best gun for home defense is a shotgun. I'd recommend something with a pistol grip and a short barrel so you can wheel and deal quickly.

Easy to learn
                        Easy to use
                        Accurate
                        Reliable

Said the jihadist to his protege.

And as far an AR-15 not being a military style weapon of war, that is complete nonsense. It is the civilian version of the American standard issue rifle of the last 50 years. The ONLY difference is it doesn't have a 3-round burst option that the military M-4/M-16 does. The full auto option isn't even included in military issue M-4s/M-16s. They decided sometime after Vietnam that full auto mostly just wasted ammo and was replaced with the 3-round burst option. In fact, the standard setting for soldiers in the field is "semi". Just like the civilian AR-15 that you can buy without a background check. The difference in the two weapons is minuscule.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          As far as home defense goes an AR-15 is a horrible choice. Very high velocity rounds such as .223 will go through every wall in your house. I hope whoever chooses that weapon to shoot at a home invader doesn't have loved ones in adjacent rooms because they become potential collateral damage with every round that misses the intruder. The best gun for home defense is a shotgun. I'd recommend something with a pistol grip and a short barrel so you can wheel and deal quickly.
                          Absolutely. My brother is retired Spec Ops, and he's got a pretty decent cache of weaponry. For home defense he's got some kind of combat-rig shotgun that he keeps on a hidden rack, and a .45 Glock. His 5.56 rifle (IDK if its an AR, M4 or what) is locked away tight, for use only at specific ranges and during the zombie apocalypse.

They used steel-jacket 5.56 rounds when he was active, and they trained long and hard to be wary of what was behind what they intended to shoot at. Not a good choice for your kids or neighbors.

Comment

easy to learn
                            easy to use
                            accurate
                            reliable

It's not a 'weapon of war" but if a terrorist, the police, or the tyrannical military plan to invade your home, you'll be able to swiftly beat back their oppression!!!

Comment

• Mike said:
                              As far as home defense goes an AR-15 is a horrible choice.
                              I totally agree. And I've said as much previously. I bet if you knew the backstory on the video, the guy was either selling the rifle or his services in learning how to use it.

Hoss, now that you have posted a photo of a .22 that has no relevance to our discussion, how about posting a photo of a .222. I can't tell whether you are dishonest or just plain stupid. I shouldn't have used literature to make my point, given my audience. In the future, I'll try to use references from South Park as opposed to John Steinbeck.
                              Last edited by Da Geezer; June 18, 2016, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Mike said:

I totally agree. And I've said as much previously. I bet if you knew the backstory on the video, the guy was either selling the rifle or his services in learning how to use it.

Hoss, now that you have posted a photo of a .22 that has no relevance to our discussion, how about posting a photo of a .222. I can't tell whether you are dishonest or just plain stupid. I shouldn't have used literature to make my point, given my audience. In the future, I'll try to use references from South Park as opposed to John Steinbeck.
                                Oh my, you've read a book that I haven't. You are quite the sage.

Even utilizing the Remington .223 cartridge- which would be a stretch to quantify as a "varmint" gun round- you're nowhere near the velocity of the 5.56 NATO round. This is to say nothing of magazine capacity, which you attempted to brush aside.

You can shoot a squirrel with a howitzer, but that doesn't make the howitzer a "varmint" gun.

Quit acting like a jerk because you assumed you know more than your presume "Leftists" and got your ass handed to you. Its nobody's fault but yours that you tried to bullshit us.
                                Last edited by Wild Hoss; June 18, 2016, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X