No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More on the "massive" cruise missile attack on Kiev: the target appears to have been infrastructure in the Shevchenkivskyi district using X101 missiles fired from Tu-95 and Tu-160 bombers over the Caspian Sea. Reports noted the Russian attack was an attempt to “show off” their capabilities. Not so much it seems. X101 cruise missiles were touted as possessing highly advanced guidance systems. Previous exploitation of them by western intelligence demonstrated 70's level circuitry and circuit boards. Typical Russian propaganda that boasts of a fearful, modern Russian army (see DSL's comments above) until pants are pulled down.

Open-source Twitter account GeoConfirmed noted that Russian forces likely fired the missiles from the maximum possible range, to avoid intercepts of the bombers by Ukrainian aircraft. That would have interfered with GPS and radar correlation and resulted in the strike missing intended targets by wide margins which appears to have been the case. Dumb missiles fired at long range into a 25 or so square-mile box hoping to hit something useful. That may or may not have happened. We do know this:

GeoConfirmed also stated that the strikes targeted the general vicinity of the Artem State Joint-Stock Holding Company, a manufacturer of air-to-air missiles, automated air-guided missile training and maintenance systems, anti-tank guided missiles, and aircraft equipment. Russian forces likely targeted the Artem Plant as a means of posturing against Western military aid to Ukraine during the G7 summit. Putin may have postured but he also managed to inflict damage to residential infrastructure. While he probably doesn't care about that, that's what the open media is focusing on with photos and video - part of the information space war being waged.

Obviously, there are no reports of damage to the intended target - the Artem Plant - and were not likely to get that. That kind of content is going to get censored by Ukraine.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• 895191237d17e49c.jpg

Comment

• Hoes be mad

Comment

• Russia has defaulted on a $100m interest payment to creditors. First time since 1998 ...... but it's a meaningless technical default. Russia has the money to pay the interest but the banking system through which such payments are made cannot process and distribute them to creditors because of sanctions. Russia's Finance Minister says they will pay interest payments through alternative systems.

What a default usually means is that the defaulting country can't borrow more money. Russia doesn't need to do that. It's making a billion a day from energy exports. Plenty of countries are gladly paying for discounted Russian oil and gas as exports of those products to the EU gradually decrease. It's a problem when the west is trying to stop the money that's funding Putin's aggression in Ukraine.

In other related news, the Kremlin is covertly adding additional army man-power in the form of replacements for losses of troops in its war in Ukraine. Rather than declare an emergency with that allowing a mobilization - something unpopular and that Putin would take heat over at home - he's raising man power by other means behind the scenes. Among other steps, rules for conscriptions are being changed by the Duma on multiple levels.

The bottom line is that it is not likely that manpower will be a feature of an "exhausted" Russian army. It's being reported that Moscow has committed 300,000 soldiers to the war in Ukraine or about 30% of it's entire army. Ukraine is saying it can't wait to start counter-offensives for Russia to run out of soldiers. There's politics being played by the Ukrainians here ...... hurry up with the stuff we're asking the west for.
          Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; June 26, 2022, 08:11 PM.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
            George Carlin once open his show with this joke: "Why is it that most of the people who are against abortion are people you wouldn't want to fuck in the first place!?" My how times change. Even during the protests in the wake of the leaked draft it looked like mostly a parade of freak shows. And I'm still confused as fuck as to why this the ruling will have such an adverse affect on the alphabet people. But that's what I'm told.

Comment

• As near as I can tell, there's a commandment in the Alphabet Code that one must be offended, at all times, by any actions taken by those that do not recognize that code as a law of nature. In addition, that offense must be broadcast by any available means or method.

Comment

• Sounds about right.

Comment

• And I'm still confused as fuck as to why this the ruling will have such an adverse affect on the alphabet people. But that's what I'm told.

Me too ....... Kav wrote in his concurrence there is no threat to other "liberties" or guaranteed rights. From the NYT's this am:
                  In his 12-page concurrence, Kavanaugh wrote that he wanted to address “how this decision will affect other precedents involving issues such as contraception and marriage.” He then listed four cases dealing with those issues, including the 2015 ruling establishing a right to same-sex marriage. “Overruling Roe does not mean the overruling of those precedents, and does not threaten or cast doubt on those precedents,” Kavanaugh explained.
                  Unless Kavanaugh changes his mind — or Roberts decides to overturn those precedents — there is no majority to do so. For now, only Thomas has said that he favors revisiting the earlier cases. “I don’t think there are five votes for overturning any of those decisions,” Adam Liptak said on a weekend episode of “The Daily.”
                  The second reason to think that other divisive issues will come first is that the court has already announced many of the cases it will hear next year. They tend to involve other topics — namely affirmative action, election laws and business regulation.
                  Most Americans are just dumb sheeple. They hear some nutjob say your liberties are next and they join in the cacophony of falsehood.

Comment

• My original comment to which you responded was in regard to JUST DOBBS. I've heard and read multiple times how DOBBS will have a disparate impact on the alphabet people. That's the big "WTF" for me. I understand how people could misconstrue the ruling and have concern that previous decisions on other social issues are in jeopardy of being reversed. You've done a good job pointing out why there isn't much to worry about. But, my god man. Dobbs?

Comment

• The Ds currently have 2 choices for the next 4-5 months: (1) Run on the economy, foreign policy and the rest of The Chairman's record; or (2) Run on Dobbs, the disaster for women, err, I mean birthing persons, that it is and the innumerable disasters sure to follow of right-minded Ds aren't elected. So, get ready for the parade of horribles.

The thing I find most perplexing is the argument that the Supreme Court is illegitimate for ignoring public opinion (specious in its own right) by returning an issue to, well, the public to opine on through their votes. The sheer outrage at the Court ignoring public opinion by making an issue subject to public opinion is, well....perplexing. It leads me to believe it's not quite the ginormous political winner Ds say it is. But, we shall see.

In Ohio, the course is going as I anticipated -- an overly aggressive law is going into place. The next step is for interested citizens to draft an State constitutional amendment that will be, hopefully, reasonable -- and put it to an actual statewide as-true-as-we-can-get democratic decision. That should come within the year -- maybe even by November, but I'm guessing that'll be a really tight window to get it done by.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Run on Dobbs, the disaster for women, err, I mean birthing persons,
                        Wrong again. According to AOC, its "mensturating people".

From my view, the reason so many pro-choice radicals are upset, is because the Court took away a ruling that forced their belief on everyone. The Court has not ruled that abortion should be illegal everywhere, or ANYWHERE. The Court simply held that the Federal government didn't have a right under Roe to make that particular ruling the law of the land. Instead, they decided to make the states responsible for making their own law.

The radical pro-abortion nutjobs saw Roe as "decided law", almost akin to a constitutional amendment. The Court said, "not so". Now that the radical pro-abortion left don't have the Court and Roe to beat everyone over the head with, they've decided to become lawless, and even criminal.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                          Go anywhere lady but stay away from the buffet table...and a mirror...
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• If that is a 'mensturating person' I don't think "she" has anything to worry about.

Its like me worrying that I might get Taylor Swift pregnant someday. Nothing to worry about at all.

Comment

• The Court also ruled today in a 6-3 decision that the football coach from Washington can kneel and pray following a football game, and he shouldn't lose his job over it.

The way I understand the freedom of religion part of our Constitution, is that the government is forbidden from establishing a "Church of America". Kind of like the Church of England. Back then, if you didn't share the religious beliefs of the King, you were persecuted, and even put to death. You were a heretic. The Constitution forbids that from happening in America. You can freely practice your religious beliefs, and you can be an athiest, agnostic, or worship The Wizard, if you choose. Contrary to the radical left's belief, the Constitution in no way promotes a 'freedom FROM religion'. If you want to be 'free from religion', that's fine. Most people are that way in today's world. But those who choose to be unbelievers cannot get in the way of those who choose to express their beliefs openly and freely.

Maybe the same as having a "pride month"?

The Supreme Court on Monday sided with a football coach from Washington state who sought to kneel and pray on the field after games.

Comment

• A woman of color was just elected to Congress from Texas. Nancy Pelosi tries to elbow her daughter out of the way. Must be on the wrong team.

Comment

Working...
                                X