Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    I can come up with reasons I prefer the Democratic Party over the Republican party, beginning with the abortion issue if yinz want, but I'm not going to be particularly defensive of The Chairman in particular. He needs to retire to a nice Rehoboth Beach seaside condo
    Well, I'd be interested. I think everyone agrees that The Chairman isn't particularly fit for the office, but the policies he's advocating are D policies

If abortion is your number 1 issue, then fair enough. But I'm curious to here other reasons and you're about the only good faith D on this board.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Defending The Chairman isn't something anyone wants to do or, honestly, CAN do.
      "Student Loan Relief" has pretty much sealed his vault. So, his worst thing will end up doing the best thing possible. You (and even the Bots) can't make this shit up !

Comment

• The only defense for The Chairman is "whatever, Trumper" or perhaps the tried and true "racist!"

The Ds honestly have no answers or defense for their policies like, you know, HELICOPTER MONEY!!!

Comment

• BTW, DSL, you don't actually have to do the list. Fundamentally, you are way more likely to think that it's both the government's job to solve a given problem and that they will do it effectively. And you're concerned with massively restrictive abortion bills. I wouldn't put you the same category as the upper class white folks driving the party considerably left. I rather doubt you have ever used the phrase "dismantle white supremacy." And you're at least somewhat skeptical of government. So, you know, I'd put you somewhere in between Tim Ryan and AOC. Heh.

You also have a way more activist bent on courts, I think. At least from what I've gleened. And you're probably not paticularly tied to process as opposed to outcome.

Aside from that, to the extent you defend D policies that aren't necessarily consistent with your views or, at a minimum, don't shit on it them -- it's because you're a lifelong D and partisanship is a strong pull.

Much to your chagrin, you're probably basically like me 15 years ago. Sorry to end a conciliatory post on such a nasty note.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            The only defense for The Chairman is "whatever, Trumper" or perhaps the tried and true "racist!"
            Talent is a "Trumper" negates the need for any sort of "click on the pictures with traffic lights".

But, hey let's keep it up. Maybe we can end up frying the software.

Comment

• I'm probably against the broad loan forgiveness that was announced yesterday (and will be killed off in the courts) but am for some of the more targeted ones he had previously announced. I'm specifically thinking about people who got scammed by "schools" like Corinthian College or ITT Tech. Those people aren't the dreaded sons and daughters of privilege..

Comment

• Right. There's a difference between making a choice based on what turned out to be false representations and making a choice based on entirely true representations and entirely predictable outcomes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                  I'm probably against the broad loan forgiveness that was announced yesterday (and will be killed off in the courts) but am for some of the more targeted ones he had previously announced. I'm specifically thinking about people who got scammed by "schools" like Corinthian College or ITT Tech. Those people aren't the dreaded sons and daughters of privilege..
                  True.

But "Buyer beware." has served this country far better than "targeted" relief. At some point, people have to make well-informed decisions about their own lives and live with their choices.

Fundamentally, as Bastiat said, "Government is that great artifice by which one man lives off the work of another". This is the core of what Ds believe, IMO. I think the country would be better off if private charities dispensed welfare aid.

Speaking of which, I'd love to know how much certain NGOs are making off the open border. I know Catholic Charities and Lutheran Charities are making a killing.

Comment

• 80% of the country says the Chairman is on the wrong track (which is misleading...I think the Chairman missed the train)...which really has nothing to do with DJT...but the derangement is rather amusing...
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Attached Files
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Comment

• Trouble for Project Veritas?

The two creeps that stole Ashley Biden's diary accepted plea deals today for transporting stolen material across state lines. The details say an "Organization" based in Mamaroneck, NY paid them $40,000 for the stolen property and asked them to go back to the apartment in Florida and see what else belonging to Ashley Biden they could steal.

BTW, it mentions that they first tried to sell it to Candidate-2's political campaign, which can only be Trump. Someone working for the campaign refused to take it and told them to give it to the FBI.

Florida Residents Plead Guilty To Conspiracy To Commit Interstate Transportation Of Stolen Property | USAO-SDNY | Department of Justice
                          Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; August 25, 2022, 12:22 PM.

Comment

• So the diary that describes Biden as a total pervert who took inappropriate showers with his teenage daughter and caused her to become a sex and drug addict has been fully authenticated as real? Fascinating. Any day now, the media will start reporting on this.

Also -- LMAO at this...

Someone working for the campaign refused to take it and told them to give it to the FBI.
                            Good on these guys for not listening to whatever moron advised them to do that.
                            Last edited by Hannibal; August 25, 2022, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• Say it ain't so...Creepy Joe...
                              Attached Files
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                The question was what have they DONE? Not who they are, i.e. not Trump or Schutte. At least Jon came up with some reasons for Whitmer but I've still yet to see anyone hold up a Biden policy or decision that has been good for the country. Geezer has been asking anyone and everyone for months.
                                And another good one is Stupidnow. What has she DONE, other than stand behind Chuck Shumer and nod her head "yes"?

She drives her electric car to DC, goes to her office, reads the Dem Fax Of The Day, (so she knows what she believes) and then runs to stand behind Chuck, as he talks about how evil everyone is that opposes everything he tries to do.

I'll give Jon props on the Whitmer thing as well. But Stabenow is a useless tool. But yet, .. when she runs again in '24, she'll win by a landslide, because M voters vote for name familiarity more than they do for substance. Does the woman know how to push back on anything Democratic?
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X