No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QE2 was the a model statesperson. I'm not royals fan or whatever, but she discharged her duty with class, sincerity and decency for 70 years.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• That's probably a good enough reason for progs to despise her.

Comment

• Also, regarding colonizers and so forth, "war" is ultimately a question of which society is better suited to, well, war. It doesn't mean that a given society is better than another. It does mean, however, that a society is stronger war-wise (in almost all cases). European scientific advancement and generally unfettered darwinists/capitalists/whatever generally beats non-scientific "nice guys". Though, it's mostly the technology and constant desire to upgrade. And ultimately, any society, no matter how noble or good, is only as good as it's ability to exist.

So, you know, I don't mind the "colonizer" line or, I guess, the "genocide" line if true. But, acknowledge the reality -- it was strong vs weak. It was advanced vs shitball. And when you need to rely on the good graces of your conquerers you're in a shitload of trouble. Which ought to be why we always care immensely about national defense.

For those Cormac McCarthy fans out there and thus Judge Holden fans...yeah...War is the ultimate game because war is at last a forcing of the unity of existence. War is god....all that.

Comment

• Meanwhile, as some know, Governor Abbot, whose state bears the brunt of The Chairman's Open Border policy, has takent to busing a few illegal immigrants to DC and NY and letting them deal with the drain. Mayor Adams, of course, has bitched up a storm.

Mayor Browser of DC even went so far as to ask the Pentagon to stop the buses. Maybe she could build a wall? Anyway, the Mayor says:

Regardless of the federal response — which I think has been lacking in some respects — that the District of Columbia would continue to work with partners to advance what we need and ensure our systems in D.C. are not broken by a crisis that is certainly not of our making
          To date, DC has received 7900 or so illegal immigrants from Texas. And that's a CRISIS. I can't even imagine what Browser would consider the actual border where records are still being set. I mean, so -- she can't see images or videos b/c The Chairman won't allow it (don't worry, Democracy doesn't always die in darkness...not if The Chairman decrees the darkness). So, maybe she doesn't know. Or maybe, just maybe...she's a quintessential "for thee, not for me" D. Just spitballing here.

Comment

• Every civilization in the history of mankind has either been conquered or been the conquerors. Most of them both... multiple times.

Comment

• "every" is provocative word. The United States, to the extent it qualifies as a "civilization" has not. Britain, I think, has not unless you go back to the Romans and arguably Viking raids and the Normans. But, I dunno...to me the Normans raid sort of replaced or at least modified the existing civilization. It's not as stark as saying the "US" civilization was native americans and then europeans and hence the US has been conquered at some point. That's a crystal clear change.

But, still...1066...I dunno
              Last edited by iam416; September 9, 2022, 06:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                Meanwhile, as some know, Governor Abbot, whose state bears the brunt of The Chairman's Open Border policy, has takent to busing a few illegal immigrants to DC and NY and letting them deal with the drain. Mayor Adams, of course, has bitched up a storm.

Mayor Browser of DC even went so far as to ask the Pentagon to stop the buses. Maybe she could build a wall? Anyway, the Mayor says:

To date, DC has received 7900 or so illegal immigrants from Texas. And that's a CRISIS. I can't even imagine what Browser would consider the actual border where records are still being set. I mean, so -- she can't see images or videos b/c The Chairman won't allow it (don't worry, Democracy doesn't always die in darkness...not if The Chairman decrees the darkness). So, maybe she doesn't know. Or maybe, just maybe...she's a quintessential "for thee, not for me" D. Just spitballing here.
                He sent a bus load to Chicago the other day, too. They are a "sanctuary city" and she has prattled on and on in the past about how protecting the border is racist. You would think she'd be thrilled to do her part and welcome the "undocumented" into her city but no... she blasted Abbot for being... racist.

Comment

"every" is provocative word. The United States, to the extent it qualifies as a "civilization" has not. Britain, I think, has not unless you go back to the Romans and arguably Viking raids.
                  "or" is the operative word. USA! was good at conquering.

Comment

• Aha!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

He sent a bus load to Chicago the other day, too. They are a "sanctuary city" and she has prattled on and on in the past about how protecting the border is racist. You would think she'd be thrilled to do her part and welcome the "undocumented" into her city but no... she blasted Abbot for being... racist.
                      Of course. I mean, again, "For thee, not for me." It's the way of our Progressive Overlords.

Comment

Also, regarding colonizers and so forth, "war" is ultimately a question of which society is better suited to, well, war. It doesn't mean that a given society is better than another. It does mean, however, that a society is stronger war-wise (in almost all cases). European scientific advancement and generally unfettered darwinists/capitalists/whatever generally beats non-scientific "nice guys". Though, it's mostly the technology and constant desire to upgrade. And ultimately, any society, no matter how noble or good, is only as good as it's ability to exist.

So, you know, I don't mind the "colonizer" line or, I guess, the "genocide" line if true. But, acknowledge the reality -- it was strong vs weak. It was advanced vs shitball. And when you need to rely on the good graces of your conquerers you're in a shitload of trouble. Which ought to be why we always care immensely about national defense.

For those Cormac McCarthy fans out there and thus Judge Holden fans...yeah...War is the ultimate game because war is at last a forcing of the unity of existence. War is god....all that.
                        White Europeans are by far -- by far -- the most gracious conquerors in all of history. And during the colonial era Europeans introduced first world education, ideals, medicine, and technology to their colonies. Objective measures such as life expectancy and quality of life improved massively for those areas as a result. Many of the countries that have reverted back to native rule are now famine and violence-ridden hellholes. The very concept that conquering others is morally wrong is a Western ideal. Nobody in the Aztec empire was protesting the bloody slaughter of the people that the Aztecs conquered. It's just how you did things.

The biggest losers in imperialism were the imperialists themselves. Maintaining an empire leads to strife and bankruptcy. It was arrogant of the West to think that we could turn the rest of the world into the West. Now we have the Rest of the World turning the West into the Rest of the World. And it's not going to end well.

20th Century Marxists adopted the "White Europeans are evil" mantra because it fits their view of the world, and they shoved it down everyone's throats via the education system.
                        Last edited by Hannibal; September 9, 2022, 06:32 AM.

Comment

• It was arrogant of the West to think that we could turn the rest of the world into the West. Now we have the Rest of the World turning the West into the Rest of the World. And it's not going to end well.
                          That's some profound shit.

Comment

• A less political issue than illegal immigration, but still the identical core concept...everyone wants to treat the homeless with kindness and decency and assume that their condition is not really of their own doing. Which is all well and good until they start shitting on your sidewalk or until the decision-makers decide to relocate them to your town. Strangelove, e.g., frequently talks about how the City of Columbus should do way better for the homeless and let them be, but he'd howl like a banshee if the City relocated them to the parking lot of his haughty Shoney's-adjacent apartment complex.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

Liberals are so self-centered and Orwellian, it's mind-blowing. They are perfectly fine virtue-signaling about how racist you are if you don't want illegal immigrants flooding your town, but they can't stand having them in their own cities. Busing them en masse to places like New York, DC, and Chicago is brilliant messaging by the Rs. An incredibly rare case of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

White Europeans are by far -- by far -- the most gracious conquerors in all of history. And during the colonial era Europeans introduced first world education, ideals, medicine, and technology to their colonies. Objective measures such as life expectancy and quality of life improved massively for those areas as a result. Many of the countries that have reverted back to native rule are now famine and violence-ridden hellholes. The very concept that conquering others is morally wrong is a Western ideal. Nobody in the Aztec empire was protesting the bloody slaughter of the people that the Aztecs conquered. It's just how you did things.

The biggest losers in imperialism were the imperialists themselves. Maintaining an empire leads to strife and bankruptcy. It was arrogant of the West to think that we could turn the rest of the world into the West. Now we have the Rest of the World turning the West into the Rest of the World. And it's not going to end well.

20th Century Marxists adopted the "White Europeans are evil" mantra because it fits their view of the world, and they shoved it down everyone's throats via the education system.
                                Oh, for sure we least ungracious conquering. But, the West isn't going to turn into the Rest of the World.

Comment

Working...
                                X