No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At least wipe her down with a Clorox wipe first.

Comment

• Much sadder news...the Lee County Sheriff (Fort Myers, Cape Coral) was on Good Morning America today and said the number of dead is going to be, at minimum, in the hundreds. Thousands more still need rescue

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        Jackie, if you're here, give us a sign...blow out the candle, Jackie...

It's just a funny old man gaffe until the press secretary makes it far more obnoxious by quadrupling down that Joe knew the whole time Jackie is dead and was just emphasizing how "top of mind" she is. Whatever the fuck that's even supposed to mean.
        Pretty much. It's really funny. I mean, it's the stuff that SNL could base an entire parody on -- if they were so inclined.

It'll be interesting to see the reaction to the memes and generally mockery that are coming down the pike at full speed.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Much sadder news...the Lee County Sheriff (Fort Myers, Cape Coral) was on Good Morning America today and said the number of dead is going to be, at minimum, in the hundreds. Thousands more still need rescue
          Unfortunately, some probably made the fatal error of having a 'hurricane party' and figured they'd stay and hunker down. You can probably get away with that in a Cat 1, but not a Cat 4/5.

I used to live in Osceola County which is just south of Orlando. If I was still living there, we would have left no later than Sunday and likely headed for somewhere in central Georgia or Alabama.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

I ain't going near the most used piece of equipment at the North Georgia CrossFit...
            "See that bitch over there by the kettlebells?" "I'm gonna fuck her brains out"

Damn. It worked.
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• a0109cb7-29d2-45f8-aa7c-8e04bbc7dd51-AP22272294272301.jpg?width=660&height=461&fit=crop&format=pjpg&auto=webp.jpg

".. but.. he came out when Trump was here" ...
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• If anyone stayed out on the barrier islands like Captiva and Sanibel I'd be surprised if they made it.

Different county but the flooding further south in Naples looked worse than they were predicting. I could imagine a lot of people there just decided to stay since on Monday it looked like Tampa 200 miles north was going to take the direct hit.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

Unfortunately, some probably made the fatal error of having a 'hurricane party' and figured they'd stay and hunker down. You can probably get away with that in a Cat 1, but not a Cat 4/5.

I used to live in Osceola County which is just south of Orlando. If I was still living there, we would have left no later than Sunday and likely headed for somewhere in central Georgia or Alabama.
                  I live on a barrier island off the coast of Georgia between Jacksonville and Savannah. We were watching it pretty closely and when it was pretty obvious that we were going to be a tropical storm level we decided to stay. the house that we live in has been in the family for about 40 years and in all of that time it has not flooded in a storm. That factored into our decision to stay.
                  If you live in Hurricane prone areas, the old saying is "hide from the wind, run from the water." That is a good rule to live by.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Speaking of Captiva and Sanibel, the only bridge to both islands is missing a big chunk. Can only be reached by air or boat now.

Section of Florida's Sanibel Causeway destroyed by Hurricane Ian (nypost.com)

Comment

• I've been following Ian closely through several sources primarily to insure my own property was safe. It was. Rain and winds much lower than predicted in Fort Lauderdale. We're a good 140 miles from Fort Meyers a bit S of where Ian made landfall. I've not seen a report of accurately measured max winds. Anything > 140 is destructive to buildings. FPL, over the last 10y, has hardened power grids statewide to remain functional to 180. The problem of lost power is confined to local points beyond the hardened grid. FPL continues to work on that vulnerability by moving old city power lines underground. The community I live in has no above ground power lines.

The worst aspect of Ian when it comes to life and property damage is from coastal flooding. Aside from obvious risks if you live right on the beach is farther inlsnd flooding. FL communities are built around canal and river systems. Storm surge and rain causes canals to flood. I've seen multiple photos of water up to the eves (that would suggest 15 feet water depths above normal stage) of homes on canals. Cities have robust flood control systems in place but something like Ian overwhelms them where storm surges are highest. That's on the back end of the storm. Thus, most of Fort Meyers is likely under water. People who stayed against evac orders are going to get hit hard. Avoidable.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Ooh, Jackie Blue
                        She's not alive Joe she's not in the room
                        Joe's looking for her but we know she ain't there
                        Ooh, Jackie my brain is down​
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Ooh ooh, Brandon Blue, don't try to tell me that you are aware. Just do what your handlers cue cards tell you to do.
                          ​​​​​​There always seems enough floatin' around to fill your poopy pants, hanging down...

Comment

• heh
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Imagine if you will...had this been DJT referencing a dead person at an event as present...Liz Cheney would have been holding Senate hearings the next day to invoke the 25th Amendment...
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Update on Ian: one of the sources I follow on FB says the doomsday predictions of flooding caused by huge amounts of rain from MSM exaggerates it. These are personal FB posts from people who were in the worst parts of Ian's track. Storm surge is a real problem on near gulf coastline properties. Rain and flooding inland not as much. Also, local forecasters are taking issue with Ian restrengthening once it gets back into the Atlantic after exiting FL near Daytona. The local waters and dry air conditions aren't favorable for that.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X