• Show
Clear All

Attached Files
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Attached Files
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I have no idea how much the R Senate PAC spent in Alaska. My guess is not all that much. I am, however, certain that McConnell is not a RINO unless "R" now means election-denying Trumpista. Which it might. The Rs generally held strong in the Senate for 2 years against some outlandish nonsense that, if they were "in name only" Rs, they might have voted for. Those 50 Rs and Manchin and Sinema. They managed to limit things to a mere disaster instead of generational catastrophe.

On the other side, the glossy print rockstar D candidates Beto and Abrams have pilfered about $180M from national Ds in their doomed efforts to avoid becoming two-time losers. So, I guess the Rs are stuck with McConnell while the Ds have two celebrity candidates that syphon off money from candidates that need it.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• McConnell's shenanigans and ineptitude stretch back well into the Obama era. He has always represented his constituents very poorly and he's an awful "R" leader. It will be wonderful when the last of his generation of "R" politicians is gone and a new generation that has more connection with its actual voters takes its place. A generation of being little more than a speed bump for the Left on their way to trampling the country is a long time.

Comment

• This Substack post is both (a) a response to the Emily Oyster Atlantic article arguing for "COVID amnesty" and (b) a viable explanation for DSL wonderment at the massive swing in suburban white women. https://emilyburns.substack.com/p/wi...ant-an?r=kutjh She's got some real anger built up. Heh.

I think there's a fair share of truth to it. Them more well-off suburbanites may have some concerns about the economy, but what they really care about is their kids. God knows. So, it's like this dovetail where more working class people are getting totally squeezed and even if you're not getting squeezed, you still remember some of shit that was pulled on you re your kids. Now, it may not be a huge swing -- it tend to agree with DSL that the numbers seem a little too high. But, elections in the US are, for the most part, decided on the margins. 2 points here or there and it goes from "red trickle" to cue The Wizard.
            Last edited by iam416; November 2, 2022, 07:13 AM.

Comment

• I was wondering a while back what Tulsi was doing so conspicuously leaving the Dem party. I guess she's angling to be the next veep? She was in Michigan of all places campaigning for Tudor Dixon this past weekend. Maybe she'll try running against Trump as an R in 2024? Weird. Just weird, man.

Comment

• Judge put a restraining order on the Arizona vote watchers that have been intimidating people at drop boxes. The watchers themselves have agreed to the terms so they probably got caught doing some unpleasant shit

Basically they can still record and take photos of people but not within 75 feet of the box. Also can't bring guns anymore, or body armor, and can't speak to anyone dropping ballots off unless spoken to first.

Phoenix federal judge issues temporary restraining order against ballot drop box watchers (kold.com)

Comment

• The Hill/Emerson polled all 4 Nevada House districts. 538 has those districts as 1 R, 1D, 1 Lean D (62% chance) and 1 TU (52% chance for D). The polls jhad the 1 R/1D and then in the Lean D it was R+5 and in the TU it was R+12. It's only one poll, but. if true, that would be remarkably bad for the Ds and cue The Wizard time.
                  Last edited by iam416; November 2, 2022, 07:33 AM.

Comment

• The poll watching in body armor stuff is really dumb and I've got no problem with putting an end to it. it's the late night vote counting that needs to be monitored. And the dropoff boxes.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      The Hill/Emerson polled all 4 Nevada House districts. 538 has those districts as 1 R, 1D, 1 Lean D (62% chance) and 1 TU (52% chance for D). The polls jhad the 1 R/1D and then in the Lean D it was R+12 and in the TU it was R+5. It's only one poll, but. if true, that would be remarkably bad for the Ds and cue The Wizard time.
                      Yes it wouldn't surprise me if the one incumbent Dem gets the heave ho, they lose the toss-up, but still squeak out wins in the Governor's race & Senate. Or they just lose everything except maybe the AG race/Sec of State.

Currently between in-person and mail voting registered Dems have a 25,000 voter lead in Clark County over Republicans. In 2020 the final lead before election day was about 87,000 votes. Biden ended up winning Clark by almost that exact margin. In 2018 the final edge for Dems was 47,000. Nevada continues to be unique as one of the only states I'm aware of where turnout is looking like there will be a big dropoff from 2020, including for Republicans. In most of the close states enthusiasm still seems pretty high.

Comment

• From the George Washington Turning Over in His Grave Department

Comment

• POV -- you're a Republican

36d3380c88320542.jpg

Comment

• I thought the Left was canceling George Washington. Now the right is comparing him to Bannon.

Tough break for a guy I think is clearly the second-best (or, arguably, first-best) President of all-time.

Comment

• 9f2d9bcb2327b5d2.jpg

Comment

• Heard there was going to be a bunch of fentanyl laced candy being passed out this year, so I eagerly volunteered to take my nieces and nephew trick or treating

Not ONE! Not one piece of fentanyl candy! Total waste of two hours.

Comment

Working...
                                X