No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have an old friend since I was 22 years old, that's 25+ years. He is a Navy veteran who spent 6 years on ships as the meteorologist, lots of authority and responsibility. We never really agreed much on politics, his hero is Ronald Reagan and he always talked about meeting him while on duty, and that it was the best day of his life. We never really agreed much on politics,

Last night he texted me he that he had 'tears of joy' rolling down his face watching Trump

:D :D

Comment

• He must really love dark, dismal, speeches that paint America as a 3rd world shithole.

Comment

• I caught 5 minutes of Ivanka (completely acceptable and convention-worthy) and 5 minutes of Trump. I guess, to his credit, Trump stayed true to who he is and didn't kowtow to, well, Republicans. The spots I saw were total Trump being Trump.

I saw one tweet I liked....“You know what this acceptance speech needs? A Republican response.”
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I only watched those two speeches (Trump's seemed like 3 hours) and it was day and night.

You know that scene in Back to the Future 2 when Marty returns from the future to 1985 and finds Biff's turned Hill Valley into hell on earth? That's the America that Trump described last night

Comment

• The PAH is gonna gut Trump.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
              He must really love dark, dismal, speeches that paint America as a 3rd world shithole.
              That's tradition though...as a candidate of the opposing party from the incumbent, you focus on what's wrong, or perceived to be wrong.

He overdid it though, in typical Trumpian fashion, and that opens some good holes for HRC to run through.

Comment

• I only watched those two speeches (Trump's seemed like 3 hours) and it was day and night.

You know that scene in Back to the Future 2 when Marty returns from the future to 1985 and finds Biff's turned Hill Valley into hell on earth? That's the America that Trump described last night
                I agree, but it'll be interesting to see how it plays. I mean there's a significant portion of the electorate that thinks America has veered way off course -- whether they're voting for Trump or Sanders. Thing are, to them, fucked up.

I hate it, but whatever. It's why I only watched spots here and there. I also won't bother myself with the DNC to hear about how racist, sexist, homophobic and the like America is in their opinion.

Put the two together and we're more or less living in a combination of the 1920s for overt DW Griffith, Klan marching on Washington racism and the Great Depression 1930s.

Goddamn, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I sure could use a Ronald Reagan "city on the hill" type of speech. Or even an Obama "hopey changey" speech. Ah, LunaFreak. Too bad he's missing all this from, you know, being dead in a bathtub in a Prague vacant. Heh.

Comment

• And wrt to steakhouses, one of the better ribeyes at a chain is the bone-in ribeye at medium-priced chain, Longhorn's. It's more flavorful than Ruth's Chris or Morton's version (and a few of the other premium chains without a doubt). While the rest of Longhorn's offereings are blas?, this is worthwhile.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    I agree, but it'll be interesting to see how it plays. I mean there's a significant portion of the electorate that thinks America has veered way off course -- whether they're voting for Trump or Sanders. Thing are, to them, fucked up.

I hate it, but whatever. It's why I only watched spots here and there. I also won't bother myself with the DNC to hear about how racist, sexist, homophobic and the like America is in their opinion.

Put the two together and we're more or less living in a combination of the 1920s for overt DW Griffith, Klan marching on Washington racism and the Great Depression 1930s.

Goddamn, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I sure could use a Ronald Reagan "city on the hill" type of speech. Or even an Obama "hopey changey" speech. Ah, LunaFreak. Too bad he's missing all this from, you know, being dead in a bathtub in a Prague vacant. Heh.
                    Luna emailed me a while back. He's back in the states. The bathtub thing is still a real possibility, though.

Comment

• In the batters' circle: Jack Daniels is NOT bourbon. Times New Roman font is the best font, you're on deck.

Comment

• The PAH is gonna gut Trump.
                        Yep. It won't be McGovern/Mondale bad because the bulk of the electoral college is so firmly entrenched a true rout is impossible. But, it will be Obama-McCain bad -- where Trump loses states like NC and possibly Indiana along with every legitimately purple state.

And somewhere our beloved Volmillion will be working his way through a several dozen handle of Jack bender firing off countless shots at the sky, the trees, anything that moves and eventually various appliances he owns -- most likely limited to a toaster and toaster oven. I'll shed a single tear thinking of it.

Comment

• Volmillion. Heh. I miss many of the old guys. After PSA died, got me wondering where he, Pale, NCVol, Hacksaw, Shiny, Etc are.

Btw, do you ever talk to Wildcat?

Comment

• Puter still makes a yealy visit to post our reactions to 9/11. Then, poof! Gone again like tears in Neyland Stadium in the rain.

Comment

• That's awesome re Puter. He's a really nice guy.

Btw, do you ever talk to Wildcat?
                              I'm facebook friends with her! She's doing well. Living in the Twin Cities. Has a son who is probably 7 by now...seems happy....well, as happy as a KSU fan can be.

Comment

• Next time you see her, Talent, tell her I called her Sakina and that I miss her.

Comment

Working...
                                X