Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Prime2 View Post

Disney has known about the danger and problem, was advised to build a sea wall. Watch it get built asap.
    I totally expected this. I was telling my wife two days ago that we know how this is going to unfold- eventually there will be testimony, and perhaps even documentation, that Disney Corporate was notified that the gators were a concern, had a solution recommended, and chose not to spend the money on it. But we'll be amazed at how quickly that area is gator-proofed now.

These are the people we assume will keep our kids safe....maybe that's an assumption we shouldn't be making.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
      I get that gators are in Florida (and if fact are losing population in areas due to pythons). I would never go in a lake, pond, ditch, etc with water in Florida. In fact, I'd never go in the everglades period.
      This encapsulates my position pretty well; trust your instincts, not some corporation or lowest-bid regulatory agency.

For them, safety is just an equation of cost vs liability. For you, it is- potentially- everything.

Comment

• Disney is a massive entity. Just like government, you know that decisions are made in meetings and on a lowest-common-denominator basis in which cost is a major factor as is the desire to please the boss. Act accordingly.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
          Nothing. Unless you hate Wiz.
          Sorry brah, I just meant to fun to on ya some. Apologies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
            I totally expected this. I was telling my wife two days ago that we know how this is going to unfold- eventually there will be testimony, and perhaps even documentation, that Disney Corporate was notified that the gators were a concern, had a solution recommended, and chose not to spend the money on it. But we'll be amazed at how quickly that area is gator-proofed now.

These are the people we assume will keep our kids safe....maybe that's an assumption we shouldn't be making.

Hoss, Disney has a huge full-time Gator Team that deals with the beasts in the park.
            It's against Florida law to feed Gators, I guarantee the reptile that killed the child had been hand-fed and conditioned to associate food with people.

There are countless signs in the parks but oddly none at the hotel?

Last edited by Prime2; June 17, 2016, 09:18 AM.
            "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Who the hell would hand feed an alligator? If I saw one approaching me I'd set a world record for fastest 100 meter dash.

Comment

• Well, you'd try to set the world record. You'd likely cover 30-40 yards in 25 seconds before collapsing in a wheezing, flailing ball of flabby desperation praying for the Gator to take you so that your pain may end.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Turns out that my mother and one of the boy?s grandmothers are friends, and used to teach at the same school. (My folks are the only people I am aware of that know more people than entropy) The boy?s grandmother flew down there to bring the other child home, as the parents have to stay for a while yet. Awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    Well, you'd try to set the world record. You'd likely cover 30-40 yards in 25 seconds before collapsing in a wheezing, flailing ball of flabby desperation praying for the Gator to take you so that your pain may end.
                    :::golfclap:::

Comment

This encapsulates my position pretty well; trust your instincts, not some corporation or lowest-bid regulatory agency.

For them, safety is just an equation of cost vs liability. For you, it is- potentially- everything.

sadly, my instincts would have said that water/area was ok.. it's part of the Disney magic.
                      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prime2 View Post
                        Hoss, Disney has a huge full-time Gator Team that deals with the beasts in the park.
                        It's against Florida law to feed Gators, I guarantee the reptile that killed the child had been hand-fed and conditioned to associate food with people.

There are countless signs in the parks but oddly none at the hotel?

Is the hotel an affiliated but separate entity maybe? And thus responsible for its own maintenance? I guess that'll be hashed out in the lawsuit.

If not, it seems clear that despite whatever safety efforts Disney employs, there were not sufficient, or properly heeded, in this instance.

Comment

Well, you'd try to set the world record. You'd likely cover 30-40 yards in 25 seconds before collapsing in a wheezing, flailing ball of flabby desperation praying for the Gator to take you so that your pain may end.
                          heh
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

LOL..
                            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

"gator-proofed", easier said than done.

[youtube]7Qp_bUYPrTg[/youtube]
                              Last edited by Prime2; June 17, 2016, 09:55 AM.
                              "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• ...that is unsettling.

Comment

Working...
                                X