Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agree, his symptoms were very concussion like (he asked when the game started?) so there is a lot of reason to be concerned/cautious.

Comment

• He is listed as the starter and will practice tomorrow. Personally, I'd be fine if he didn't play. That said, he has a bit of Paul Pierce in him. He recovers remarkably quickly from what appear to be agonizing injuries.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Urbie is NOT going to let the health of his QB stand in the way of a potential 9-0.
        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Braxton Miller 2012 = Denard Robinson 2010

I can't imagine that a guy who requires a hospital trip is going to be good to go as a starter in only 7 days. But we'll see. You guys might be okay with Guiton. From what I have seen, I think that he could start on six or seven Big Ten teams at least.

Comment

• What UFM said was it was his neck and "whiplash" like shit and Braxton sort of lost his shit with it -- like when he "hyberextended" his knee at EL (or stretched it a bit). I love him as a player, but his reaction to injuries, as I've said, is NBA-like. He also has, on two occasions (against UNL and MSU) simply dropped the ball when he felt something approaching an injury. Just dropped it.

Oh well.

You guys might be okay with Guiton. From what I have seen, I think that he could start on six or seven Big Ten teams at least.
            Guiton really understands what Herman and UFM want to do. His skills are serviceable. That, alone, rates him higher than most B10 QBs, which really speaks to how fucking horrible the B10 is this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              Guiton really understands what Herman and UFM want to do. His skills are serviceable. That, alone, rates him higher than most B10 QBs, which really speaks to how fucking horrible the B10 is this season.
              You mean a conference where the fourth most efficient passer is Reilly O'Toole probaby isn't very good? You don't say!

Comment

• Norman Dale thought about putting an injured player back in an important playoff game...but he thought otherwise...UFM is no Norman Dale...
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The few games that I've watched of Miller & Ohio, I thought he got rocked on several occasions, I don't think he is "soft" as some have suggested. Rather he has taken some serious beatings and hard tackles IMO.

But frankly, "F" him.....
                  Last edited by Optimus Prime; October 22, 2012, 02:38 PM.
                  ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• I don't think he is soft. I think he may overreact to injuries, though.

Comment

• Wow. A QB centric running spread offense where the QB keeps getting knocked out of the game? I've never heard of anything like it!
                      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I know a little about these injuries. Others who might know more feel free to jump in.

Whip Lash. Most know what this is. Looking at the replays of the hit and subsequent contact with the ground, I'd say this is exactly what he has. He probably has a concussion as well from contacting the field turf as he did ..... But as talent said, there are protocols for this. Sports teams go through them and if each step is passed, he's cleared to play. I'm not going to rag on ufm about this. There is no way his team or osu team docs would allow miller to play unless he was cleared to play. None. You are risking huge medical liability if you sign off on something like this and there is ultimately a bad outcome for the player.

On the whip lash injury. He's going to have a lot of neck muscle and upper back pain. If the work up for the neck injury, usually a soft tissue CT, is negative and his neuro exam is normal, and if he can play through the discomfort, he could safely play.

The one area where I agree with Linesman is that if I were his parent, I'd tell the coaching staff to sit him for a game. But most parents committed to their kids don't have the training or experience in these matters to know to do this. That's where you would probably want the coaching or medical staff to credibly intervene and hold him out as a precaution. That to me would look good and the opposite choice, the one where anyone shrugs it off and says he's fine, is going to look bad.

Not a hard choice IMO, unless your whole offense revolves around miller, and the chance of losing at PSU and missing one of your critical team goals - an undefeated season because that's all you've got to play for - is at stake.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I've never met a doctor that I couldn't buy his opinion. OSU knows this too, if they risk Miller in order to beat Penn St. that's sad given the beating he has taken thus far in the season.

As often the case, these seedy coaches and get out of "Dodge" before they have to answer. Meyer will know, like Carroll, when it's time to bolt.
                          Last edited by Optimus Prime; October 23, 2012, 08:50 AM.

Comment

• All smack talk aside, there HAS to be a superior neurologist on staff at Ohio State's hospital. Why can't that guy do a complete workup on Miller just to be sure he's not seriously injured? How long will a complete workup take? A few hours? Isn't it worth it, to be sure the kid is okay?

I hope they're not going on the word of some overworked first year resident working a double shift in the ER.

As I said above, if I were his parent, I'd demand that he receive a full examination from the neurologist before he puts a uniform back on again. But, that's just me.
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• If you think OSU sends its injured players to overworked residents, you're more cynical than I could ever imagine.

Comment

• I think, what I think, due to the speed in which he was declared "injury free".

I could take the callous view, and say, well, he's not my kid.

But, I love the sport of football, and I hate seeing young people getting seriously injured, and then tossed back into the game, when they're not ready.

Take that for what its worth.
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X