Coronavirus Safety Protocol - please read and discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post

Yeah I get that, but it's still a dumb point of view in general. Sure there's technical truth to it, but practically it's just so dumb. There's technical truth to a lot of ridiculous things
    Just shows how much one word can change an entire story imo. I don't know the phrasing of the original bit but in reading Marko's textual write-up I can see just changing it from "the" to "a" in this sentence, "Vaccinated people will be the problem in the coming years" changing the whole outlook.. It changes everything. Yes it will be an issue. No it's not solely "the" problem. Not saying he meant to claim it was either. Just that it made it open to interpretation.
    Last edited by JGSpartan; November 13, 2021, 02:46 PM.

Comment

• Ok, but that has nothing to do with why it was a stupid theory. As I understand Covid, vaccinated people are less likely to catch it, less likely to develop serious symptoms if they do, less likely to contribute to a potentially more serious mutation ... but yeah they might have it and not know it. So ... unvaccinated people are more likely to catch it, more likely to develop serious symptoms, and more likely to contribute to a serious mutation ... but the people who are protecting themselves are the problem?

It's logic ... but extremely stupid logic. I don't judge people for opting out of a 'voluntary' vaccine ... but when you choose not to protect yourself, it's dumb to blame people who chose to
      WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• We did it!!! We're Number One!!!!!!!

Michigan is now worst COVID-19 hot spot in nation; hospitals pushed to capacity

https://www.freep.com/story/news/health/2021/11/16/michigan-now-worst-covid-19-hotspot-nation-hospitals-capacity/8639194002/
        Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• What a guy

Aaron Rodgers: I have a fractured toe, not COVID toe

Posted by Myles Simmons on November 24, 2021, 3:30 PM EST

Getty Images

Consider the mystery of Aaron Rodgers‘ toe injury solved.

In his Wednesday Zoom press conference, Rodgers told reporters that he was, in fact, just joking during his Tuesday appearance on the Pat McAfee Show when he said he had “COVID toe.”

“I mentioned yesterday that it’s worse than turf toe and it must be a bone issue — I can’t believe I have to come on here and talk about my medical information — but yeah, I have a fractured toe,” Rodgers said on Wednesday. “I’ve never had a COVID toe before. I have no lesions on my feet. It’s just a classic case of disinformation. It’s surprising coming from what used to be a reputable journalistic institution. But that’s the world we live in these days.”

Rodgers even lifted his bare foot to the camera to show that he had no signs of COVID toe.

A report from the Wall Street Journal took Rodgers’ comment to McAfee seriously and published an entire article based on the premise that was experiencing COVID toe.

Instead, Rodgers noted that he just has to worry about pain management for the injury he suffered while out following a positive COVID-19 test.

“The injury, I suffered when I was in quarantine doing my own workouts and trying to ramp up my conditioning,” Rodgers said. “Didn’t think it was what it was until I go to the facility on Saturday before the game and got X-rayed when I got cleared and got back into the facility. So it’s just about pain management. There’s surgical options as well that wouldn’t involve missing time. So, thankfully, we’ve got a great foot guy in town [Dr. Robert Anderson] — the best in the business who everybody sends stuff to. But I’ll definitely look at all options over the bye week and decide what would be best to make sure I get to the finish line.”

Rodgers added that he doesn’t plan on missing any time due to the toe issue and will do his best to be on the practice field every week. Even if he goes with a surgical option, Rodgers said he wouldn’t do it if it means he’ll have to miss time.

Since returning from his stint on the COVID-19 list, Rodgers and the Packers are 1-1. The quarterback completed 70 percent of his passes for 385 yards with four touchdowns in last Sunday’s loss to the Vikings. He also rushed a pair of times for 21 yards.

The Packers host the Rams in Week 12.

Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I was in Vegas since Tuesday night and we were there to see the Duke/Gonzaga game (my friend is a huge Duke fan). We got back on the red eye this morning. My friend’s wife felt ill for most of the time. We thought it was just a cold/bug she picked up from her daughter before the trip. This morning she tested positive for COVID. I did feel really sick on the flight home (nausea, dizziness, exhaustion). It was so bad we reached out to the flight staff and they had EMS waiting for me at the gate when we landed. They checked me out and said everything looked okay. I thought it was due to a lack of sleep and eating very little the last day. I bought a rapid home COVID test after we found out. The first test was negative. But since I live with my elderly parents, I’m going to get a PCR test at CVS tomorrow.

Since I’ve been home I’ve had a decent nap, a shower and a nice meal and I have a lot better so I think I’m probably fine. I think my friend’s wife felt guilty and thought she was responsible for me being sick after she found out about the positive test.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
              I was in Vegas since Tuesday night and we were there to see the Duke/Gonzaga game (my friend is a huge Duke fan). We got back on the red eye this morning. My friend’s wife felt ill for most of the time. We thought it was just a cold/bug she picked up from her daughter before the trip. This morning she tested positive for COVID. I did feel really sick on the flight home (nausea, dizziness, exhaustion). It was so bad we reached out to the flight staff and they had EMS waiting for me at the gate when we landed. They checked me out and said everything looked okay. I thought it was due to a lack of sleep and eating very little the last day. I bought a rapid home COVID test after we found out. The first test was negative. But since I live with my elderly parents, I’m going to get a PCR test at CVS tomorrow.

Since I’ve been home I’ve had a decent nap, a shower and a nice meal and I have a lot better so I think I’m probably fine. I think my friend’s wife felt guilty and thought she was responsible for me being sick after she found out about the positive test.
              Get better.

"I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
              My friend Ken L

Comment

• Thanks.

Comment

• My cousin recently had covid and posted a video about it. I don't know her vaccinations status, I've never asked. She is going through an extreme brain fog. She can't form a complete thought or sentence. Watching her on this video was heartbreaking. I am so glad she has a wonderful, supportive boyfriend that is helping her through this but it is terrifying to see her like this. Her boyfriend says it's like talking to an Alzheimer's patient.
                  Last edited by -Deborah-; November 27, 2021, 11:37 PM.
                  #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Sorry to hear that, Deb. I hope this passes.

Comment

• My PCR test and the at home tests were all negative. I have felt totally fine since Saturday so I think I’m good.

Comment

• GREAT news Tom.
                        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Italian man tries to dodge Covid jab using fake arm

An Italian man who wanted a Covid vaccination certificate without getting the jab turned up for his vaccine with a fake arm, officials say.

The man, in his 50s, arrived for his shot with a silicone mould covering his real arm, hoping it would go unnoticed.

The man is so keen to get a vaccine pass he turns up with a plastic arm, but doctors aren't fooled.

Ray Liotta Lol GIF
                          "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by edindetroit View Post
                            Italian man tries to dodge Covid jab using fake arm

An Italian man who wanted a Covid vaccination certificate without getting the jab turned up for his vaccine with a fake arm, officials say.

The man, in his 50s, arrived for his shot with a silicone mould covering his real arm, hoping it would go unnoticed.

The man is so keen to get a vaccine pass he turns up with a plastic arm, but doctors aren't fooled.

Ray Liotta Lol GIF
                            A real piece of work, just to avoid getting a vaccine shot.

"I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                            My friend Ken L

Comment

• Originally posted by whatever_gong82 View Post

A real piece of work, just to avoid getting a vaccine shot.

I got yer vaccine right here.

Detroit Lions: Where futility is a lifestyle choice.

Comment

• Soooooo... The NFL is operating on an honor system? Just dumb. Brown should sue the league though. Just like State Farm, he should be able to get that Rodgers deal

Will the risk Antonio Brown presented to Bruce Arians and Tom Moore be a factor in Tampa Bay’s final decision?

Posted by Mike Florio on December 6, 2021, 10:13 AM EST

Getty Images

The Buccaneers have two weeks to decide whether to keep or to cut receiver Antonio Brown. In 14 days, he returns from the three-game suspension imposed on him for giving the team, and in turn the league, a fake vaccination card.

On Sunday, PFT reported that the Bucs are indeed considering the possibility of parting ways with Brown.

If Brown were a bottom-of-the-roster player, he’d already be gone. Since he’s regarded as an important piece of the offense (the Bucs are 5-0 this year when he plays), it becomes difficult for a team that hopes to win the Super Bowl to voluntarily jettison a player with the skill to help them get there.

On the other side of the ledger is the fact that Brown’s antics endangered people like coach Bruce Arians and 83-year-old offensive consultant Tom Moore. Arians is a three-time cancer survivor. Moore falls squarely into the segment of society most vulnerable to the worst possible outcome.

Consider this. As noted by Peter King in the latest Football Morning in America column, Greg Auman of the TheAthletic.com noticed an interesting comment in Lars Anderson’s book about the 2020 Bucs, A Season in the Sun: “If any of you make me or Tom Moore sick, I have a gun and I will shoot you in the kneecaps.” And even if Arians, who made it clear when Brown was signed that he was on a clear one-strike arrangement, is inclined to look the other way, there’s a good chance Arians has been hearing it and will continue to keep hearing it from his family as to the reckless and selfish actions of Brown.

Quarterback Tom Brady, who faced the media for the first time since Brown was suspended, didn’t comment on the fact that Brown lied about his vaccination status and endangered people like Arians and Moore. Instead, Brady views the situation as no different than a guy missing time due to injury.

“I’m thinking about what I’ve got to do to help the team win,” Brady told reporters. “You know, different guys go down from injuries and so forth, and whether guys are out there or not, you know, I’ve got to do the best I can do. So just that’s what I’m going to do, be the best quarterback I can be.”

Brady’s got one objective. To win. To win games and ultimately the Super Bowl. If he has a vote, they won’t be cutting Antonio Brown. With the Buccaneers organization so intent as a business proposition on keeping Brady around for as long as possible, Brady ultimately may have the controlling vote when the ballots are counted two weeks from today.
                                Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

Working...
                                X