Coronavirus Safety Protocol - please read and discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
    Hypothetically, if you want to believe the theory that we are actually MUCH further into the pandemic than we think (and that the increased cases are a result of greater testing than greater infection), then yes... it's plausible that herd immunity would start kicking in around May.

It's a possibility (simply due to how horribly this entire thing has been bungled and mismanaged by the Trump Administration), but requires accepting a lot of dangerous assumptions.
    Pretty accurate. You used the 'ly' and 'y' words very apt'ly
    WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by foxhopper View Post

And that might be very conservative.
      Scariest shit ever.

But, the earth is flat!!!!! If you told me twenty years ago the flat earth would be a thing........ I'd have laughed....

And here we are.
      Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• There is so much that needs to be done before they can get to that point. Right now they are just playing catch-up, I'm not sure anyone in power has tackled the logistics needed to get to something like SK is doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post

Scariest shit ever.

But, the earth is flat!!!!! If you told me twenty years ago the flat earth would be a thing........ I'd have laughed....

And here we are.
          Not flat- It's hollow- everyone knows that. That's where the aliens and elite hide out.

Comment

• Originally posted by foxhopper View Post

Not flat- It's hollow- everyone knows that. That's where the aliens and elite hide out.
            Goddamit I know one of those guys. Never had to hold my toungue so much.

His cousin's wife on the way to a Lions game two years ago yelled 'Go Trump' in response to something I said. Trip was fine. But I swear.... half the world speaks a language I can't fathom.
            Last edited by dpatnod; March 25, 2020, 11:40 PM.
            Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              There is so much that needs to be done before they can get to that point. Right now they are just playing catch-up, I'm not sure anyone in power has tackled the logistics needed to get to something like SK is doing.
              SK had a headstart - as did most of the Asia rim from the first SARS outbreak. They learned a lesson we haven't learned yet - and to be frank as a capitalist society are never prepared to learn from. We are reactive, not proactive. Proactive costs money that would otherwise be better spent going into the 1% pockets.

Comment

• So.... Kudos for eliminating the Pandemic response system?

Happy Simon Cowell GIF by America's Got Talent
                Lions Fans.

Comment

• If we as a.society can't figure out how to do what South Korea is doing, then we won't see an NFL season. All of this shelter in place orders are a temporary method to suppress the virus. If you lift those the pandemic rages up again. Unless they can mass produce a test that can see if they can sample the general population to find out the immunity percentage.

Comment

• Also,.... space is fake. I don't know if you guys knew that......
                    Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                      If we as a.society can't figure out how to do what South Korea is doing, then we won't see an NFL season. All of this shelter in place orders are a temporary method to suppress the virus. If you lift those the pandemic rages up again. Unless they can mass produce a test that can see if they can sample the general population to find out the immunity percentage.
                      Whuh? SK hasn't even tested 1% of their entire population. What is your point?
                      They have the tests because of what they went through with SARS 1 - they were the laughing stock of the Asia rim for how they handled that and said - Not Again.

The U.S. can easily ramp up to those levels and more - but to suggest they should have ramped up before the threat even became real? That means someone doesn't understand a capitalist society. You don't fix the vehicular molotov coctail (Pinto) until you are forced to - and even then you just write it off as acceptable loss and move on. In fact, you give their senior management raises......

Comment

• Yeah man. It's just the usual. Nothing to see here.

This Is Fine GIF
                        Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post

Whuh? SK hasn't even tested 1% of their entire population. What is your point?
                          They have the tests because of what they went through with SARS 1 - they were the laughing stock of the Asia rim for how they handled that and said - Not Again.

The U.S. can easily ramp up to those levels and more - but to suggest they should have ramped up before the threat even became real? That means someone doesn't understand a capitalist society. You don't fix the vehicular molotov coctail (Pinto) until you are forced to - and even then you just write it off as acceptable loss and move on. In fact, you give their senior management raises......
                          Whatever dumb fuck, keep on thinking it's just like the flu. I have no more time for your shit.

Comment

• Another data point proving "just like the flu"
                            As coronavirus continues, facilities are being considered as potential overflow sites for patients, physicians and child care for essential personnel

Comment

• Yep, just the usual stuff.
                              Lions Fans.

Comment

• The point about South Korea is more than just ramping up the testing.. It is what you do with testing results. You need a good action plan on what you do with the results and how you isolate infected people. It certainly doesn't seem like there would be a good national system in place that would allow for large scale events to go on before they find a vaccine.

Comment

Working...
                                X