Coronavirus Safety Protocol - please read and discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post

That's a tough situation. . .in the best of circumstances. jeffree2Bme, I hope you have avoided contact.
    Doing everything i can and then some. Many are in the same thought as that post, that i'm overreacting... Yes, i know she doesn't have long... but I need everyday I have left with her.

Anyway, appreciate your concern and thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeanUK View Post
      Detroit featuring on a news report here, seems its hitting there bad, stay safe everyone
      Unfortunately, Michiganders have this innate ability to think the world around them will not affect them. We aren't close to having a top 3 population. Yet, we're #3 in the US. A lot of people think it's some conspiracy.

On my way to work it's like a ghost land. Barely see 10 cars on a 45 minute commute. But come lunch time and after, you couldn't tell there is a stay at home order.

My goodness. We deal with snow and ice storms every year and are forced to stay home. Yet, people act like they have never did this. SMH
      Last edited by Futureshock; April 7, 2020, 02:44 PM.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• We have a big international airport that has direct flights to China and the motor companies are heavily invested there. I think that's the biggest reason it hit us early. For whatever reason it is hitting the African American population heavy and that is based mainly in Detroit.

We did dodge a bullet by chance, the auto show was moved to June. It was traditionally in the coldest week of winter in late January and drew a ton of people from all over the globe. That would have been a gigantic super spreader.

My sense is we are getting close to the peak, the lockdown orders have been around for a few weeks. The death numbers will continue to rise but I think ICU numbers are going to level out.

Comment

• Maybe, I did see that after a couple days of falling new cases cropped up going from 1410 on 4/5 to 1503 (4/6) and 1,729 (4/7) today. If the models Whitmer is citing are correct (and that remains to be seen---they all say there is not enough information to do a good model), then peak is coming last week in April/early May (which they would have to meet again to extend the order).

I wonder after the legislature held their in person vote if there will be an attributable spike from them.

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by jeffree2Bme View Post

Doing everything i can and then some. Many are in the same thought as that post, that i'm overreacting... Yes, i know she doesn't have long... but I need everyday I have left with her.

Anyway, appreciate your concern and thank you.
            All the best to you both
            WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by DeanUK View Post
              Detroit featuring on a news report here, seems its hitting there bad, stay safe everyone
              Yes it is. And yet, I know of so many people who are not taking it seriously and are still getting together for birthdays and other occasions. We go to the store and have a whole decontamination procedure before we can move on with our lives. I don't understand those who are not taking this seriously. Particularly after seeing all the local people who have passed away recently. This week has been the first week where someone I know has had a loss ( two co-workers lost someone over the weekend). And I imagine very soon it'll be someone I actually know myself. ????
              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Hi guys, i'm a member of this forum for a long time now, but don't write a lot/or nothing so there is a good chance nobody knows me :D . Be that as it may, just wanted to check on you guys and wish you all good health. Here are reports of a shitstorm in US, so I hope you all get by. Stay safe.
                http://www.scribd.com/doc/7781751/Osijek-In-Your-Pocket

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  We have a big international airport that has direct flights to China and the motor companies are heavily invested there. I think that's the biggest reason it hit us early. For whatever reason it is hitting the African American population heavy and that is based mainly in Detroit.

We did dodge a bullet by chance, the auto show was moved to June. It was traditionally in the coldest week of winter in late January and drew a ton of people from all over the globe. That would have been a gigantic super spreader.

My sense is we are getting close to the peak, the lockdown orders have been around for a few weeks. The death numbers will continue to rise but I think ICU numbers are going to level out.
                  Good points Froot. For what Deb states below and being in a more condensed community I think that is why AA are more exposed.

Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post

Yes it is. And yet, I know of so many people who are not taking it seriously and are still getting together for birthdays and other occasions. We go to the store and have a whole decontamination procedure before we can move on with our lives. I don't understand those who are not taking this seriously. Particularly after seeing all the local people who have passed away recently. This week has been the first week where someone I know has had a loss ( two co-workers lost someone over the weekend). And I imagine very soon it'll be someone I actually know myself. ????
                  And this (in general) is why Michigan is way higher than other states with greater populations and even more condensed population.

As Froot alluded to, we have the virus being directly brung here and people are thinking that it's just the Flu. Or some one else will get it. etc... People act like they can BS their way out of being exposed.

I am befuddled that people are so caught up in their crap that they just can't comply. Just for one period of time.
                  Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Case in point...

Posted by Mike Florio on April 7, 2020, 11:38 PM EDT

Getty Images

Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott and free-agent receiver Dez BryantFort Worth Star-Telegram worked out at A+D1 Training in Dallas County, Texasvisiting gyms

Comment

• We did dodge a bullet by chance, the auto show was moved to June. It was traditionally in the coldest week of winter in late January and drew a ton of people from all over the globe. That would have been a gigantic super spreader.

What a great point about the Auto Show.
                      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Intelligence report warned of coronavirus crisis as early as November: Sources

"Analysts concluded it could be a cataclysmic event," a source says.

By
                        Josh Margolin

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Dan, have you shut down your practice?
                          Yes we are restricted to only extreme measures. I have only seen one person in the past two weeks who fell under those guidelines.
                          My wife has asthma and a heart condition so it's for the best. I don't want to bring anything home to her.
                          Since March 15 I have been wearing a mask out in public and people were looking at me like "I" had the virus. Now they ask me where I got the mask!

Comment

• I don't think you are going to get 100 percent compliance on the stay at home measures. From my point of view, it has been mostly followed. My wife has to take care of the COVID patients so I assume that we may have it so I have limited any trips out of the house. I have been doing a lot of grocery store shopping at the Dollar Store because the crowds are small.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              I don't think you are going to get 100 percent compliance on the stay at home measures. From my point of view, it has been mostly followed. My wife has to take care of the COVID patients so I assume that we may have it so I have limited any trips out of the house. I have been doing a lot of grocery store shopping at the Dollar Store because the crowds are small.
                              You guys all right down there? I saw that Beaumont had like 1500 workers sick.
                              2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

You guys all right down there? I saw that Beaumont had like 1500 workers sick.
                                I thought I saw 1500 infected and 600 were hospital workers.

Comment

Working...
                                X