No announcement yet.

Coronavirus Safety Protocol - please read and discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prediction....We will have a decent summer, the virus appears to be abating during the summer season. This is not a really surprise. During this time people will not social distance or wear masks. Then in October this will be be massive surge and the shut downs will happen again. People will ignore them and it will be several times worse (as far as cases and deaths) than this was.
    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Whitley, you forget that the people that have already been expose will be immune and won't be carriers - and that includes numbers of people who had it and didn't even know they had it. It won't be worse, though that close to the election I can imagine the CNN coverage will make it seem 3x worse.

Comment

• Yeah, that's not a thing. Like 15 of the sailors on the carrier Crozier (sp?) commanded in the last couple weeks

(while we have been watching protests and walls being built around bunker boy) are infected AGAIN after being infected a couple months ago. Guess they're not immune huh?
        Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
          Yeah, that's not a thing. Like 15 of the sailors on the carrier Crozier (sp?) commanded in the last couple weeks

(while we have been watching protests and walls being built around bunker boy) are infected AGAIN after being infected a couple months ago. Guess they're not immune huh?
          Well... it's not at all clear if these "re-infections" are actually reinfections or the initial infection flaring up with symptoms again. There are people from the beginnings of the first wave in Feb/Mar that are STILL recovering, and it's like a roller coaster for them.

And yes, it's ALSO possible that the antibodies for SARS-COV-2 aren't effective. The human body operates by trial and error just like scientists, after all, and with a completely novel virus, the body is just kinda generating antibodies that MIGHT work, not necessarily WILL.

We're also still not entirely certain just how often or significantly this virus mutates, so that could be a factor going forward as well.
          Last edited by chemiclord; June 8, 2020, 11:59 AM.

Comment

• If you think we have only gotten 10% of the confirmed cases in the USA (currently at 2 million) that means they are 20 million that have had this. There is appox. 330 million people in the USA. That would put the US population at 6%, There is 114k of deaths right now at the current rate that comes to 1.254 million deaths (11x current number).
            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
              . It won't be worse, though that close to the election I can imagine the CNN coverage will make it seem 3x worse.
              If you mean they'll actually report what is going on rather than covering it up, pretending that it doesn't exist, and calling it a hoax, then yes. that's what they'll do.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• First the virus now the riots. Really hurting the economy. And that of low morale here. What else could get worst?!
                Memorial Day 2018!

Comment

• Originally posted by Passepartout View Post
                  First the virus now the riots. Really hurting the economy. And that of low morale here. What else could get worst?!
                  For FUCK'S SAKE... don't say shit like that!

You know karma takes that as a personal challenge!

Comment

• This is the longest my hair has been in 20 years, I'm approaching Gaius Baltar territory.

Comment

• Originally posted by Passepartout View Post
                      First the virus now the riots. Really hurting the economy. And that of low morale here. What else could get worst?!
                      I can think of several degrees worse if you want to hear them.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        This is the longest my hair has been in 20 years, I'm approaching Gaius Baltar territory.
                        I had to Google who that is, but that's a good look!!

Last haircut I had was in December. I used to go every four weeks. I have saved a LOT of money during this quarantine...
                        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• My have has that natural waves when it grows out. I think my last haircut was in February, I would go every 5 weeks and pretty much get it buzzed down. Now I'm in venturing into the middle stages. In college I grew my hair out to shoulder length and I have always threatened my daughters that I would do it again. It might be now or never.

Comment

• I shaved for the first time the other day using scissors.
                            Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                              I shaved for the first time the other day using scissors.
                              🤔
                              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                This is the longest my hair has been in 20 years, I'm approaching Gaius Baltar territory.
                                I tried to hang with every one else who can't get haircuts, out of unity, and it just grew out to a bozo-look. Had to chop it off at that point. I've been cutting my own hair for about 30 years now. I figure I've saved over $5500 in that span.
                                Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

Working...
                                X