Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 3rdRGR View Post

Fair question. No perfect answer, but it's not so much a RB as it is a rushing attack. Our best in Stafford's time was when we had Bush and Bell together that one glorious season. I look at YPG which is a fair evaluation of the rushing impact that DC's have to prepare (or in Stafford's case did not have to prepare for). As far as the "scary" back factor, which yes again impacts what a DC will have to do against you, it's YPA. So if we were in the top half of the NFL in YPG and YPA of our top back in the same year we had a top half defense. Point me to it. We had good areas here and there over Stafford's career, but not nearly enough. See Carson Palmer's comments? The guy was in the league with him for years.

Comment

• My bottom line with Stafford is until he proves he can play at a high consistent level against above average to very good teams I am not a believer.

Considering that means playing meaningful games in December, and preferably in playoff games, I may never have opportunity to believe in him.
      I still see a guy who fumnles, throws picks, or can't play for 4 quarters at a high level. Too often or at wrong times.

When I watched that Joker clip I actually felt bad for the guy.
      But again he made a choice to stay with organization.
      It's his bed, so he must lay in it.
      No need to reply Chemi I know your opinion on that matter.

Comment

• He played well in the Cheifs game. Not his fault the Lions lost.
        But that fumble near goal line represents what I am talking about.
        Has got 4 huge games coming up starting with Packers.
        If he plays at high level, which he will need to do if they are to have any chance of winning them. I may start to have some hope.

Comment

• Dude was near perfect. You'll always find something to nitpick.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I heard Brady once fumbled.
            Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

I feel you guys, not trying to feed the trolls to the detriment of the board. Just looking for a little substantial discussion I guess.
              You won't get it from that jackass
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Yes, I said I didn't blame him for loss, I said that his issues with turnovers would be hard to overcome in playoffs.
                Playing at a high level AND not turning the ball over is key to winning.
                Maybe he can do that but I am not convinced.

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
                  Yes, I said I didn't blame him for loss, I said that his issues with turnovers would be hard to overcome in playoffs.
                  So you're saying Stafford has been good this year?
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                    I heard Brady once fumbled.
                    He fumbles a lot, throws interceptions - ALL QBs do. But he does what Mediocre Matty has never done -step up and make plays to win big games.
                    Last edited by dwt1; October 12, 2019, 12:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
                      Yes, I said I didn't blame him for loss, I said that his issues with turnovers would be hard to overcome in playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post

Nice try. Great defense that year. Bottom of the NFL rushing. Like 3.6 ypc bad. Like 88 YPG bad. I said at least average in BOTH categories at the same time and this is my point that you cannot provide it. It is not THAT much to ask for and yes it does drastically kill the ability for a QB even a good one to succeed if a DC can literally ignore your rushing attack. Or if an OC can ring up 40 on you. We also made the playoffs that season with Stafford, that defense and a shit running game. PI on Pettigrew picked up. Certainly on Stafford...

Check out the 2014 NFL Standings & Team Stats including AFC and NFC results and standings on Pro-football-reference.com

Next?

Comment

• I think he's played good enough for the team to have a slightly better then 500 record

Comment

• Better red zone results and could be at least 3-1
                            Field goals against Cardinals cost them game.
                            He's also lucky he didn't get picked at end of game.

Comment

Nice try. Great defense that year. Bottom of the NFL rushing. Like 3.6 ypc bad. Like 88 YPG bad. I said at least average in BOTH categories at the same time and this is my point that you cannot provide it. It is not THAT much to ask for and yes it does drastically kill the ability for a QB even a good one to succeed if a DC can literally ignore your rushing attack. Or if an OC can ring up 40 on you. We also made the playoffs that season with Stafford, that defense and a shit running game. PI on Pettigrew picked up. Certainly on Stafford...

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...tm#all_rushing

Next?
                              Last edited by dwt1; October 12, 2019, 01:43 PM.

Comment

• Sigh. Math. 2013 we were 17th in YPG and 22nd in YPA so didn't need to check further there. Therefore doesn't meet criteria.

2012 23rd and 20th respectively in YPG and YPA. So I gave you a link which is exactly where I went to check the metrics I provided to back my opinion. In all three years you've sited to prove me wrong, actually all meet my criteria of not being average and I didn't even take the time to check the defense. So anyway thank you, drive through.

Check out the 2013 NFL Standings & Team Stats including AFC and NFC results and standings on Pro-football-reference.com

Comment

Working...
                                X