Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iam416
    replied
    Well, I'm always going to care. That's always going to be a massive component of any decision I have if that decision is between PDJT and [Insert Prog]. And I'm not sure there's much that will actually get done that will outweigh what I view as his ineptitude as a leader. It would probably require some sort of big D win in 2022 that sees their entire agenda get through.

However, I'm now at a point where I'm abstaining. That's probably the most I can get.

I don't share your central political or generally dystopic, armageddon-esque attitudes. So, I don't see this as some sort of pitched battle between absolute right and absolute wrong and, as such, I don't feel compelled to choose one extremely shitty side over another extremely shitty side. You generally see it such stark terms. Well -- one can infer from your posts that you see things in such stark terms.

The queston for you, then, is are you willing to vote for a "cuckservative" if that's what you deem the 2024 nominee to be. I reckon so, but I also reckon you'd be bitching like a motherfucker about having to do so.

Leave a comment:

• Hannibal
    replied
    Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    That’s about right. I’m not sure it helps them much in 2022, but it may lessen the asskicking. It could be huge in 2024.

He’s such an assclown. If he were actually serious he could talk about some his policies the Chairman has reversed and the consequences thereof…immigration and such,

Instead he remains a vainglorious nincompoop.
    What would it take for you to not care?

Leave a comment:

• THE_WIZARD_
    replied
    heh

Leave a comment:

• lineygoblue
    replied
    Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
    Where is AA when we need some brevity...
    Probably watching his vast library of Alabama game films coached by Mike Shula.

Leave a comment:

• THE_WIZARD_
    replied
    Where is AA when we need some brevity...

Leave a comment:

• iam416
    replied
    ….and in the other corner the Chairman who, in 2019, promised “if I’m elected we’re going to cure cancer.” And that’s probably one of his better moments….

JFC

Leave a comment:

• iam416
    replied
    That’s about right. I’m not sure it helps them much in 2022, but it may lessen the asskicking. It could be huge in 2024.

He’s such an assclown. If he were actually serious he could talk about some his policies the Chairman has reversed and the consequences thereof…immigration and such,

Instead he remains a vainglorious nincompoop.

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Strangelove
    replied
    This stupid shit is the one hope Democrats have

Leave a comment:

• Hannibal
    replied
    FBm5nRJXMAU_219?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Hannibal
    replied

Leave a comment:

• THE_WIZARD_
    replied
    ...and the AA filibuster has begun...

Leave a comment:

• AlabamAlum
    replied
    Marcellus Utica was a great cover corner out of San Jose State. Very underrated 4th round pick.

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Strangelove
    replied
    If you want a sense of drilling activity in Ohio, you can check out the Well Locator here. Every gas or oil well ever drilled in Ohio is mapped.

https://ohiodnr.gov/wps/portal/gov/o...il-gas/oil-gas

One thing you'll notice is that the western half of Ohio, but for a few small pockets, is mostly worthless from an oil/gas standpoint. And the horizontal well activity that's taken place since 2010 has overwhelmingly been in just eight of the eastern-most counties in the state. Within that slice, generally speaking, the farther west you go the more oil and NGLs you get. Closer to the Ohio River is just straight dry gas. The one exception is that in the far southeast part of the play there is a very limited window where the Marcellus crosses into Ohio. In that area (in theory) you ought to be able to draw gas from the Utica and oil from the Marcellus.

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Strangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

18 months ago on a tangentially-related product? Not much. The production of natural gas via fracking doesn't need $50 or $60 oil to be worthwhile. I know that the sudden overabundance of oil didn't help, but it was a temporary situation. I imagine that the economics weren't very good for the next few months, but the huge rut is gone.

There's a lot more to the energy supply than just the immediate effects of permitting. There is also infrastructure around the country and the willingness of investors to provide money for large projects. Biden has signalled very strongly that he is going to block any energy infrastructure and Wall Street right now won't give you any money for fossil fuel-based projects. Killing Keystone XL flushed millions of engineering and preparation work down the toilet. Nobody is getting burned by that again. The inevitable result is pretty obvious. It took fracking to get us below $5 on gas and it's going to take fracking to get us back there.

Anyhow, enjoy your higher heating bill this winter. Actually, I should say, your low heating bill. Energy prices are low now compared to where they are going to be when we are all filling up our tanks with reclaimed canola oil or liquid hydrogen.

Also, I'd recommend a different line of work. The Diversity Consultant industry, in particular, is booming.
    Wall Street won't throw money at the fracking industry any more because they got burned, badly, by investments made in the late 2000's and early 2010s. Maybe the technology will get there eventually, it's made progress already, but the industry greatly oversold just how quickly they would make their investment back. They also badly underestimated how steep the depreciation curves would be on horizontal wells. At least in certain regions. I'm not an engineer but everything I've heard over the years is that if a (horizontal) well doesn't make its money back within two years, it's likely to take closer to 30. Wall Street was not happy when most of wells drilled in the boom rush were towards the 30 year end of the spectrum.

You can blame Aubrey McClendon for a lot of that. Guy was a flim flam man at heart that built something closer to a pyramid scheme than a highly profitable company.

And that's how cycles work in the oil industry. It's the little companies that made most of the fracking innovations or discovered new plays but generally went bust before they could turn profitable or got eaten by bigger and bigger fish.

Leave a comment:

• Hannibal
    replied
    Fiscal responsibility is dead. It's now a question of whether you make the pig trough big enough for only the US or whether you expand it to the entire world.

It's also why we need to ditch every environmental fantasy as soon as possible and grow the shit out of the economy. We're going to need lots and lots of taxpayers.
    Last edited by Hannibal; October 13, 2021, 02:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X