No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The border being heavily patrolled started in the 70s with General Chapman and generally halted the largely circular migration you had with laborers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Mexican farm labor used to migrate back and forth across the border following the harvests, but that was way back before the border became highly militarized (pre-WWII for the most part). Your solution may be a good one.

I'm just making clear that plenty of conservatives also have an interest in seeing illegals stay put. ICE could arrest and deport thousands upon thousands of illegals if they'd simply raid all the farms in a couple of Iowa counties one late summer day. You know it, I know it, ICE knows it. Why don't they? They don't fear "leftists"; it's the reaction of the farm owners they're worried about.
      Okay, Sure, there are business owners who want to flout the law. I guess we can assume that they are mostly Right. I think that the majority of people with a pro illegal immigration stance are Left. or is that a bone of contention with you?

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Every statistic about China points to it having less literacy, worse health, less money, etc. etc. than America. Yet Chinese-American immigrants have more money, live longer, are better educated, and are less likely to commit crimes than the average native-born white American male. Maybe origin country statistics aren't quite predictive of success in America?
        Maybe the REAL issue is that people know employers prefer someone like that. Which is logical. If you're an employer, do you hire the guy willing to move halfway around the world for the job, or the guy who sits on his ass in his dead-end town voting for Trump's moves to lessen the competition?

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

Okay, Sure, there are business owners who want to flout the law. I guess we can assume that they are mostly Right. I think that the majority of people with a pro illegal immigration stance are Left. or is that a bone of contention with you?
          Certainly there are entire counties and states worth of Trump voters who benefit from illegal farmhands and might not be economically viable without them. Certainly there are bleeding hearts on the left. So what? If apportioning blame is necessary though, I'd follow the money. The problem is probably more because of businesses like those of Nunes, which have the ability to get cozy with local cops in the way that that Esquire story details, than it is because of bleeding hearts virtuesignalling on facebook.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post

Certainly there are entire counties and states worth of Trump voters who benefit from illegal farmhands and might not be economically viable without them. Certainly there are bleeding hearts on the left. So what? If apportioning blame is necessary though, I'd follow the money. The problem is probably more because of businesses like those of Nunes, which have the ability to get cozy with local cops in the way that that Esquire story details, than it is because of bleeding hearts virtuesignalling on facebook.
            did you ever consider why the base of the republican party voted for an outsider? Because we know the establishment and their donors like illegal immigration.

Comment

• I think saying the employers flout the law is a little bit overwrought in my opinion. Those farmers aren't turning away American workers to pick the fields. These farmers are Iowa need workers, if you are going to do numerous ICE raids in Dearborn and the Mexicantown area they need to raid the Nunes farm in Iowa equally.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

did you ever consider why the base of the republican party voted for an outsider? Because we know the establishment and their donors like illegal immigration.
                Not all of them like it but many of them were Cuckservative virtue-signalers like John McCain and Jeb Bush who thought that the Republican party had to capitulate on the issue to pander to Hispanics. All but the staunchest Libertarian sects of the Republican Party recognize that illegal immigration represents an economic burden.
                Last edited by Hannibal; November 28, 2018, 04:15 PM.

Comment

• Warning: racist hatefacts incoming:

https://cis.org/Report/Welfare-Use-I...ive-Households

camarota-welfare-f1.png

More racism ahoy...

camarota-welfare-f2.png

And here's my favorite -- welfare usage barely decreases, even after a couple of decades.

camarota-welfare-f6.png

It's nott as if any of this data is counterintuitive. It takes strong programming to overcome. If this country wasn't completely off the rails in the clownworld then this stuff would be accepted as self-evident instead of "racism".

And just think of all of the costs that get left off of the charts, like the cost to society of educating anchor babies, future expanded welfare benefits (e.g. Socialized medicine), and the astronomical burden that will be placed on our retirement system in a few decades. If you think that Social Security is in trouble now, then just wait until the Amnesty 2.0 crowd turns 65 and needs to draw way more from the system than they put in just to stay at the poverty line.
                  Last edited by Hannibal; November 28, 2018, 04:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post

Certainly there are entire counties and states worth of Trump voters who benefit from illegal farmhands and might not be economically viable without them .
                    You mean those same economies that already existed and prospered when illegal immigrant populations were a fraction of what they are now? Maybe these communities don't like what they see of the effects of illegal immigration first hand? and they feel like they have been made worse off, and not better?

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

Sure. The solution is not a wall. The solution is a combo of seasonal work visas and severe punishments for businesses who ignore the law.
                      It won't work. There will always been politicians who benefit from not enforcing the law and there will always be municipalities who refuse to enforce the law. We already tried amnesty 1.0 and that was supposed to end the problem. Some sort of drastic form of interdiction is needed, as part of any comprehensive reform, and the cheapest form of that is some kind of wall. Unless you want to roll back 50 years of the welfare state, which is my preferred solution, but it's obviously never going to happen.
                      Last edited by Hannibal; November 28, 2018, 04:13 PM.

Comment

• 16j5or01q4121.png?width=500&auto=webp&s=4efb49e1ba648acce0ab9b9dd47b09c489ff8c56.png

heh, what a cuck

Comment

• If you listen to a guy like Hannibal you would think Snake Plissken was roaming around.

Comment

• Here you go crash on your sickening Seth Rich conspiracy
                            Newly released email shows the Russia truthers knew full well who supplied Wikileaks. They kept blaming a murdered staffer, even after his parents begged them to stop.

Comment

• 6d3p35gzw4121.jpg?width=716&auto=webp&s=a00df4d4e2886ebe0c92ba159cf383db8d903747.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                Here you go crash on your sickening Seth Rich conspiracy
                                doesn't surprise me

both sides have gotten to the point where their quest for power is all consuming no matter what the cost is to who

for every story like that there's a Clinton story or a kavanaugh story which shows what slimeball current Dems are

anybody worth a damn is smart enough to stay out of the political arena because they know they will be smeared about/lied about exaggerated about and vilified no matter how decent they might be. anyone successful enough to get to positions of power are toxic to the other side and likely lost all decency on their way up

Comment

Working...
                                X