Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    They are going to try and keep kicking the can down the road, there isn't a deal there that is palatable.
    Yeah. Just get on with the deal/no deal/remain referendum ASAP, please. The only plan better is to be Not Theresa May and to now have her to kick around for the next few months until something must happen. Pretty cynical of all of them to push this off, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
      come after David Pecker who is no law expert, offering immunity if he claims there was a crime, and there you go. You now have the appearance of the president committing felonies where no felonies were committed where no one will serve time in prison, so long as no one spends a day in court to fight these bullshit charges. And of course the president couldn't even if he wanted to.

It is clever.
      I'm fairly confident David Pecker had legal representation so whether he's an expert on the law is irrelevant. To believe your fantasy, you have to accept that numerous attorneys, including the guy that represented Cohen at his sentencing today, and all the staff attorneys at AMI, openly encouraged their clients to lie for immunity. In which case all of those lawyers could be disbarred.

If the "catch and release" agreement AMI had with Trump only existed when he became a candidate, then it cannot be argued that it would have existed whether or not he was running for office. The facts seem to indicate Trump went to them only in 2015, after announcing is candidacy.

I'm not going to value your legal opinion over theirs so give it up. They have access to the specific and facts that neither of us has (nor do any former FEC chairmen).

But hey, when the facts don't support your bullshit, smear the prosecutors.

Comment

• so it is the opinion of the SDNY that a payment of this sort is to come out of campaign money that people donated?

Comment

so it is the opinion of the SDNY that a payment of this sort is to come out of campaign money that people donated?
          It's my understanding that if they had simply reported the payment then everything would have been perfectly legal.

The fact that dummy corporations were set up to perform the needed transactions gives you insight into whether the relevant parties felt they were committing above-the-board actions.

Comment

• it's not my legal opinion, it's the legal opinion of three former FEC Chairmen and i value the legal opinion over those of rabid, partisan prosecutors in New York that would kill to get Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

It's my understanding that if they had simply reported the payment then everything would have been perfectly legal.

The fact that dummy corporations were set up to perform the needed transactions gives you insight into whether the relevant parties felt they were committing above-the-board actions.
              130,000 is over the limit, keep trying

Comment

• not to mention reporting an NDA defeats the fucking purpose, no?

Comment

• April 6, 2018 - Trump says he knows nothing about any totally legal payment to Stormy Daniels

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...y_daniels.html
                  Q Mr. President, did you know about the $130,000 payment to Stormy Daniels?

THE PRESIDENT: No. No. What else?

Comment

• I'm not sure why Kapture1 is so bothered by this. Trump will not be impeached over this particular activity whether it is a criminal conspiracy or a simple private transaction. The poltical will isn't there to convict on impeachment in the Senate, the Republican senators have sworn fealty to Trump. Speaker Pelosi is smart enough not to impeach, it would be meaningless on this. If other criminal activity by Trump, his company or his campaign are exposed by Special Counsel Mueller, SDNY or the State of New York then all bets are off.

Comment

• back to "yeah i have no arguement as to why it was illegal, so time to hit the president for lying about an affair."

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        I'm not sure why Kapture1 is so bothered by this. Trump will not be impeached over this particular activity whether it is a criminal conspiracy or a simple private transaction. The poltical will isn't there to convict on impeachment in the Senate, the Republican senators have sworn fealty to Trump. Speaker Pelosi is smart enough not to impeach, it would be meaningless on this. If other criminal activity by Trump, his company or his campaign are exposed by Special Counsel Mueller, SDNY or the State of New York then all bets are off.
                        why am i so bothered about partisan attorneys creating the appearance of a crime so that the dems can spend two years taking political shots and severely damage this presidency and or attempt impeachment when their Mueller report comes up empty? because he committed no crime, other than having the audacity of beating Hillary. a two tiered justice system and a political party using the justice system to go after their opponents.

oh look, the incoming NY AG is coming already taking about starting up investigations into Trump an his family. Why?
                        Last edited by Kapture1; December 12, 2018, 07:43 PM.

Comment

back to "yeah i have no arguement as to why it was illegal, so time to hit the president for lying about an affair."
                          You can cite retired FEC Chairmen all you want, dude. I don't remotely trust that you're accurately representing their views, because you're a habitual liar in defense of Trump, but even if they say what you claim, they know jack shit about the facts about this particular case and most of them aren't lawyers.

I have reality on my side. Cohen and the AMI guys had real attorneys who advised them to admit to campaign crimes that implicate the President. I trust that those attorneys did NOT advise their clients to commit perjury. You, contrary to me, fantasize about infantile conspiracy theories in which the SDNY prosecutors are committing countless disbarrable crimes in pursuit of Trump. Have at it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

You can cite retired FEC Chairmen all you want, dude. I don't remotely trust that you're accurately representing their views, because you're a habitual liar in defense of Trump, but even if they say what you claim, they know jack shit about the facts about this particular case and most of them aren't lawyers.

I have reality on my side. Cohen and the AMI guys had real attorneys who advised them to admit to campaign crimes that implicate the President. I trust that those attorneys did NOT advise their clients to commit perjury. You, contrary to me, fantasize about infantile conspiracy theories in which the SDNY prosecutors are committing countless disbarrable crimes in pursuit of Trump. Have at it.
                            neither do you yet you are sure he is guilty. says more about you since i am going off of the legal opinion of three seperate chairmen that ran that fucking department, they know a few things about the law and based on everything that is publically known, they say its not a crime

i guess the flood gates are open. hush money is now a campaign expense and can come directly from donated political funds, per DSL and the SDNY, this is gonna get wild
                            Last edited by Kapture1; December 12, 2018, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• did someone say Pecker?

Please hide your junk Mike ... damn lmao

Comment

Working...
                                X