Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
    Yeah, no story here indicting the press on this one.

I'll have to admit, Crash's and Kapture's continued defense of Trump is trending towards weak sauce. I can get on board with some of Trump's policies but he's a shameless liar. Did he work with Putin directly or indirectly to further his own business interests before his election as President, during his campaign, after his election? My crystal ball says yes to all of these. Illegal or unconstitutional? - probably yes to the later if Congress chose to pursue it. Did his business relationship with the Russians impair his ability to act in the best interests of US National Security? I'd say yes but there's nothing illegal or unconstitutional about that but it is horrendously inappropriate and terrible optics.

The big question is whether or not he was directly involved with efforts by the Russians to influence the outcome of the Presidential election in his favor. There's no question that the Russians did this shit. Did Trump know about it and tacitly allow it to happen? I think he did but it is going to be very hard to prove it in a legal sense, impossible to prove he colluded with the Russians to insure he would win the Presidency. None of that however speaks to Congress's duty to impeach a president when it is appropriate to do so. The Mueller report either will provide a basis to do that or it won't. Time will tell. But I'm having a hard time listening to Trump's defenders.
    Last edited by Kapture1; January 25, 2019, 11:36 AM.

Comment

• a2d9lj8vblc21.png?width=603&auto=webp&s=0f6730fcb26ceea21c2753eaaaad8f4e8469492f.png

Comment

• Stone immediately goes on InfoWars right after getting out of court. He's giving folks all the options they can help pay for his legal defense. Nice!

Comment

• Kap, I'm truly in the undecided camp regarding the question of whether or not Trump was directly involved with the Russian undertakings to at most influence the election outcome or at least disrupt the process. I dont think there is any question that Intel sources knew, and through the various agencies informing the president on Intel matters of national security interest, told him and Obama about it.

I think there is a legit issue about public disclosure of such info to protect sources and methods. But both BO and DJT knew. Congress has to determine from intel available to them and the info that may or may not be available to them from the Mueller report what part, if any, Trump played in the Russian operation. I'm not buying conspiracy theories just trying to keep myself informed from the sources available to me with due regard for political bias. The Stone indictment is really a side show. My post you responded to is more me thinking outloud.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
            Y....Did his business relationship with the Russians impair his ability to act in the best interests of US National Security? ....
            Serious question because I am not familiar with the statutes or legal precedence - If a President's business relationship with a sworn adversary of the United States impairs the President's ability to act in the best interests of US National Security, isn't that treason by acting counter to the sworn oath of office and national interest? If not, does it constitute a high crime or misdemeanor?
            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post

Serious question because I am not familiar with the statutes or legal precedence - If a President's business relationship with a sworn adversary of the United States impairs the President's ability to act in the best interests of US National Security, isn't that treason by acting counter to the sworn oath of office and national interest? If not, does it constitute a high crime or misdemeanor?
              Trump has no business dealings with Russia, there was only a proposed Tower deal that never came to fruition.

so your question is a stupid one that can not be answered as it applied to Trump.

Comment

• Comment

• This is still going on?

Jesus wept.

Top 5 cheap bourbons:

1. Four Roses
                  2. Elijah Craig
                  3. 1792
                  4. Jim Beam Black
                  5. McKenna

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Awful

Comment

• DSL,

You can say what you want about me, but don't you dare insult those fine budget bourbons.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                        This is still going on?

Jesus wept.

Top 5 cheap bourbons:

1. Four Roses
                        2. Elijah Craig
                        3. 1792
                        4. Jim Beam Black
                        5. McKenna

4 Roses is good (Small Batch), a bit to floral for my liking. It has a good nose.

I am currently enjoying a bottle of Buffalo Trace

Comment

• would rather drink tabasco

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                            DSL,

You can say what you want about me, but don't you dare insult those fine budget bourbons.
                            You're the TJ Maxx of bourbon, sir

Comment

• Comment

• Jim Wright

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X