No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please don't get mad because I'm posting something negative about the economy...BUT...

The Labor Department just (quietly) released revised job numbers for the past 6 quarters. And they now believe 500,000+ fewer jobs were created over that span than before.

The most significant thing about this, IMO, is that the revisions downward begin in the same quarter the trade wars really kicked off.

Tariffs have an impact, folks

the largest downward revision in a decade.

There were 501,000 fewer jobs created from April 2018 to March 2019. Jobs in retail, hospitality and professional services were revised down sharply.

EChjGd2WwAEMuN-.jpg

Comment

• This administration is going to end up doing more for Free trade policy than Reagan-Bush I-Clinton-Bush II-Obama combined

Comment

• And just like that, I have a new avatar

Comment

• "White House responds to Trump..." lol wut? Is this subtle commentary on the helplessness in the WH comms shop?

ECiIvkVWsAEA5N1.jpg:small.jpg

Comment

• Oh no not Jay Inslee

Comment

• Ahh, those long Trumpian coat tails.....Sean Spicer on Dancing With the Stars.....

As Trump's ex-press secretary joins the cast, host Tom Bergeron said he wanted a politics-free show.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Bernie Sanders has officially proposed his version of the Green New Deal.

The climate crisis is not only the single greatest challenge facing our country; it is also our single greatest opportunity to build a more just and equitable future, but we must act immediately.
                It's only a matter of time before other viable candidates do the same. At what point, I wonder, can I call this the actual position of the D Party. It was pooh-pooh'd as some sort of AOC crazy talk at first, but I wonder for how long the Ds can keep doing that.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Trump's 538 average now is at 54.0% Disapprove, 41.5% Approve. That's getting close to the government shutdown numbers of January.

Monmouth, who is one of the most highly-regarded pollsters of them all, released numbers late this afternoon that only 79% OF REPUBLICANS planned to vote for Trump. Same poll said 39% of voters overall.

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Well, Bernie does know fossils- personally.

Comment

• Good morning from Beijing

Comment

• One of the Koch brothers died. Wow. Among the wealthiest men in the world

Comment

• Comment

• trump.JPG
                              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X