No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safe haven gold is down, stocks are up. Aside from the implications on stocks that the big guys listed on both the DJ, and S&P represent, the markets are hard to figure out. They're not a perfect lens into economies but their not terrible either.

I'm still flumoxed about the bullishness of it. There's nothing I'm reading in leading economic indicators that warrant this level of enthusiasm for buying. Travel and leisure and the services sectors are in the shitter and will be there for a good while given the combination of impending failures and consumer reluctance to travel. Since this makes up huge percentages of every developed economy's GDP and a shit-ton of the economies of countries that depend on tourism for most of their GDP, I don't get it. Whatever.

I suppose that hidden factors, like sovereign wealth and pension fund investments may be moving markets with substantial piles of cash from these two places coming off the sidelines.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I wrote this morning about Fauci's upbeat forecast on a COVID vaccine so, if all of that comes to pass and Remdesivir turns out to be a decent therapeutic to reverse the trends in #s of deaths and more importantly, IFR the world may be in better shape than any of us thought it might be a month or two ago. Here's a report on Gilead's Remdesivr trial (spoiler: it has significant benefit along with standard care in reversing the clinical spiral of worsening disease and death in the more seriously ill group of patients:

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infecti.../covid19/86788
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• In today's George Floyd news, most of it laced with widely disparate messaging, comes this piece from the Guardian - politically, a mostly left of center publication. It took me a moment to understand what talent meant when he said what's driving the protesting and the violence that is part of it was, ".....the left. period." I asked what he meant by that and he responded. I sort-of got it.

I'm not sure I fully understood his position until I read this. It's astonishing in it's presentation and hypothesis. talent and Hanni would not be as astonished as I was after reading it because they understand the left's agenda, it's enabling infiltration into intellectual thought and the danger's that enabling infiltration poses. I understand them now - here it is. Worth a read:

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...lice-brutality

Comment

• Lol Trump had the protesters in DC tear gassed to drive them out of Lafayette Park solely so he could awkwardly hold up a Bible in front of a boarded up St Johns Church and pose for photos. Then everyone awkwardly walks back to the White House. Can’t make this shit up.

Comment

• Deleting last post because this clip really says it all. Stay til the end.

"Is that your bible?"

"It's A bible"

Comment

• Better late than never, Buchanan. Infiltrate is a good description. Those people aren’t large in numbers. They need to co-opt a large crowd to have power.

BTW, the 1619 Project is explicitly designed to educate all students that the US is irredeemably awful. That’s what kids will be taught.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Don Lemon sobbing on air. Hilarious. Don’t ever change, CNN!

Comment

• 61goXvTLLSL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• 9 unarmed AA killed by police in 2019. 7 AA police killed in the line of duty in 2019.

Comment

• While not as great as Trump's solo shots holding the Bible upside-down, it was as if strength was leaping at me off the teevee screen when he called up his coterie of sycophants to pose with him (Barr might be fired for forgetting his tie though). Trump shushed a rude reporter and instructed the gathered crowd to reflect in silence on the greatness of the scene.

He didn't use the bible to quote scripture or anything like that. Just held it up and told people it was a bible. I thought maybe he'd be taking a tour of the church to survey the damage so to speak but nope. They actually interviewed the pastor of the church on Fox and he said no one told him the President was visiting.

EZdnHrXWkAAlboJ?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Comment

• The ‘walk to the church’ thing was obvious. He was doing it in response to CNN calling him a Bunker Coward In Hiding (or whatever) last night. Obvious PR move is obvious.
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                          The ‘walk to the church’ thing was obvious. He was doing it in response to CNN calling him a Bunker Coward In Hiding (or whatever) last night. Obvious PR move is obvious.
                          Hell, Ann Coulter was making fun of him hiding in a bunker. She cracked that he was too busy following up on Joe Scarborough leads to pay attention to the riots.

Comment

• Correct, AA.

Comment

• What a fuck-up. Had to have been Kushner's idea

Comment

• Easy there, Lemon. Don’t need you sobbing about marshall law, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X