No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, Bernie does know fossils- personally.
    Heh,
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Heh,
      He views fossil fuels as a soylent green sorta thing.

Comment

• I'm sure the smart people behind the scenes are controlling the trade situation and this is really the media's fault.

Comment

• I hereby order our great American companies to cease all business with the detestable Maroon Five! We will find alternatives!

Comment

• I hereby order crashcourse live up to his end of the bargain and do the picks contest.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              I hereby order crashcourse live up to his end of the bargain and do the picks contest.

Comment

• "Trade wars are good and easy to win." - Very Stable Genius
                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Comment

• Like I've made clear, there is no defending Trump the person and in particular what he tweets.

Go back a page or two and re-read talent's post about the US government being essentially, and for a number of reasons that the framers knew in advance would come in handy some day, on cruise control. The EO thing can be problematic but for all intent and purpose an idiot at the helm cant really do a lot of damage.

I've also posted in the past that what comes out of Trump's mouth probably has little to do with what is really going on within the government. I've pretty much come to ignore what he says, watch what foreign governments and the business sectors do.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• ........another thing: Trump is digging a hole he isn't going to be able to climb out of but he'll try with a trade deal with China that may or may not achieve his stated goals. That may help unravel some of the problems his tariff approach has created. Time is getting short though and he knows it.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• You've said that Jeff, but almost all the evidence points to the whole executive branch working along to what he tweets or what he says. Back in the salad days of 2017, it was quite possible to have this opinion that disregard what he says because they had some adults in the room. Anybody who put up any resistance of his crazy ideas are all gone. You've now got a bunch of yes men and Stephen Miller, you can't ignore what he says. When he is doing tariffs by tweet, his staff is abiding. When he gets miffed that he can't buy Greenland, he aborts a state visit to Denmark by tweet and follows it up the next day by calling the Prime Minister of Denmark nasty. It's his show and he is in full control, thinking otherwise is indulging in fantasy.

Comment

• Damn

AA got to DSL and and Loop

Comment

• Froot, we'll see. You see idiocy within the administration because that's what the media is feeding everyone. There are plenty of solid takes on the global and US economy that say whatever damage has been done by the trade war is, at this point, minimal/and/or reverseable. I've linked to some of them. For the haters, the apocalypse is near. For reasonable people that look at ALL the data, those on the ground and who are working the trade issues, may actually know what they are doing.

Comment

• The media is feeding it because they are reporting what the administration is telling them. If one were to read your posts, its as if the media is making this stuff up out of whole cloth. He tweets something out and the media goes to the people in the background and they are dumbfounded and changing things on the fly.

Comment

• I feel comfortable saying that trade experts agree that China's trade practices advantage itself at the disadvantage of its trade partners. The WTO agrees but the body that tries to address these unfair practices has been unable to do so.

Disagreements arise over methods to achieve the desired end points. Reasonable debate can be had over method and public pronouncements from the administration regarding them. Somehow leveraging China into a position that they'll have to mitigate it's unfair practices isn't debatable.

I'll concede one point: some are arguing that Trump is trying to leverage China tariffs to get the FED to lower interest rates while blaming them for the predictions of a slowing global economy. That's a bad play that fortunately Powell isn't going to let that happen.

Today Powell said the FED has to look through short term events while acknowledging that trade tensions make looking forward more complex. As I posted earlier there are backstops that limit the executive. The FOMC is an example.

My advice to the doomsayers lapping up the mostly subjective, soap opera shit the media is peddling is to look real close at the available facts that contextually give a more accurate picture of global trade issues and the impact of Trump's method in extracting trade concessions from China on both the US and global economies.

Comment

Working...
                                X