Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FL? I don't think so.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Continuing to be the bearer of rational news ...... From NPR: H1N1 Was The Last Pandemic. Here's Why COVID-19 Isn't Yet In That Category

Despite worrisome new outbreaks in Iran, Italy and South Korea, the coronavirus disease called COVID-19 is not currently a pandemic, the World Health Organization said today.

In fact, there are some encouraging trends, especially in Hubei Province, where most of the cases have been reported.

The epidemic there appears to have plateaued in late January and is continuing on a good trajectory. Dr. Bruce Aylward led a WHO trip to China with a scientific delegation that just concluded. On Sunday, he told reporters in Beijing that trend is real.

Aylward said that he'd spoken to a researcher in Wuhan who is testing potential drugs to treat COVID-19 "and when I asked him what challenge they're finding in trying to implement the trial, he said the single biggest one is recruiting new patients ... because of the drop in cases."

The global economy and civilization survived what was a much more serious virus in H1N1, 2009. Perspective. Dow should recover some of the value of what was lost today if Futures, up about 1%, turn into actual trades tomorrow.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Dow should recover some of the value of what was lost today if Futures, up about 1%, turn into actual trades tomorrow.
        If I was rich like Jeff, I would have been hitting the stock market heavy today, buying up quality stocks that others were selling off. You know they're going to rebound.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
          80 year old cubans weren't going to vote for him anyways.
          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• 80 year old Cubans remember the truth about Castro.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
              80 year old Cubans remember the truth about Castro.
              "We're very opposed to the authoritarian nature of Cuba but you know, it's unfair to simply say everything is bad. You know?" Sanders said on CBS' "60 Minutes" in an interview that aired Sunday. "When Fidel Castro came into office, you know what he did? He had a massive literacy program. Is that a bad thing? Even though Fidel Castro did it?"

Bad people can do good things. President Trump is awful but he deserves some credit for the first step in criminal justice reform that happened during his administration.

Sen. Bernie Sanders offered a partial defense of Fidel Castro’s Cuban revolution, asserting that “It’s unfair to simply say everything is bad” with the way the late despot ruled the country.
              2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                why is it in this country that we have to support everything israel does without question?

Comment

• why is it in this country that we have to support everything israel does without question?
                  Maybe its because Israel is the most reliable US ally in the area, and has a proven track record for peaceful coexistence with neighbors that sign treaties with them.

The others in the area? Not so much.

Comment

• He had a massive literacy program. Is that a bad thing? Even though Fidel Castro did it?"
                    Depends on what is allowed to be read.

Castro was all in favor of the people reading the works of Karl Marx and Vladimir Lenin all they wanted.

But, let them openly read a Bible ... and off to prison you go ...

I guess 'bad' is in the eye of the beholder.

Comment

• My daughter broke the laptop screen and the corona virus has done a hell of a job stalling getting it fixed. What should be a couple day turnaround has take well over a week.

Comment

• My daughter goes to NYU and is studying in Florence this year. They closed the campus today. The expect it to open in a month. We are scrambling to get her a flight home.
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• That sucks, hopefully she gets out of there before the virus spreads.

Comment

• She'll probably fly Thursday or Friday. Shouldn't be much of a problem other than the cost of a short notice ticket. She's bummed about it. She just got back after winter break and was looking forward to the finishing the year. The are planning on reopening the Florence campus right after spring break. We'll see how it goes.
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Iran announces their Deputy Health Minister has the virus. There's video going round of him at a press conference yesterday, clearly uncomfortable, using a towel to wipe his face of sweat multiple times.

He was standing right next to another politician in a room full of people with no masks.

New possible outbreak in the Canary Islands has a hotel of 1,000 people locked in their rooms. In that case an Italian tourist (also happened to be a doctor) tested positive.

That article notes that overnight Austria and Croatia both announced their first cases. Seems like Italy might be becoming a new epicenter of the disease. Heard it noted on a couple shows that northern Italy is typically flooded with rich Chinese tourists this time of year for the Milan fashion week. Perhaps the ones that did show up brought the virus along.

Comment

• Super.

Speaking of Iran, how are they doing in WW3?
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X