Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
    Clowns to the left of me...jokers to the right...

This is why I am a registered Libertarian...
    Ah yes... Libertarians. Those that want all the benefits of a civilized society but don't want to pay for any of them.
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Woot. New highs for the stock market. With the economy in the shitter, all of the printed money ends up there apparently.

Every day 401K balances get bigger and AOC has more money to confiscate to shore up the SS collapse when she is President in 2038. In the meantime, I'll try to enjoy my paper profits.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

Sure sounds easy enough until you're being overran by an angry mob and outnumbered about 100:1. If you don't want people getting shot, that's fine, I respect that. But there has to be some sort of middle ground between what LE currently does: Stand around and watch and then arrest some stragglers after the damage is done, and killing a bunch of civilians. As we saw all summer, when LE abdicates it's duty to protect (at the behest of local elected officials), the crazies run rampant. I mean, we saw people burning down police stations. WTF?! Why in the hell is that tolerated? It is completely preposterous for that to be allowed in a first world country.

If the script was flipped yesterday and it was the Left that stormed the Capitol, headlines today would be: "Mostly Peaceful Protesters Demonstrate at Capitol for Electoral Equality".
        I don't want to get into some left/right argument. Part of the problem with yesterday is it was woefully unprepared, this wasn't spontaneous.

I live in Metro Detroit, we are still suffering from aftereffects of the 67 riots. If there is looting or destruction that needs to be dealt with. But if you deal with it with overwhelming force it doesn't help matters nor does it settle the issue.

Comment

• Whatever we're doing, it is ineffective. When rioters set fire to police stations with armed police inside and the police retreat, that sends the wrong message.

Comment

• Elaine Chao (Mitch's wife) just resigned as Transportation Secretary

Comment

• The beginning of this video is perfect.

Comment

• Priorities.....

A day after riots on Capitol Hill that were egged on by Trump, the president is spending Thursday holding an event to award the Medal of Freedom to three golfers.

A White House official said the award is being given to Annika Sorenstam, Gary Player and Babe Didrikson Zaharias, who died in 1956.

The White House schedule for Trump released late Wednesday only said, "President Trump will work from early in the morning until late in the evening. He will make many calls and have many meetings."

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Sure, it's just words but they were good words. This from President Elect Biden's remarks before he nominated Merrick Garland to be his AG. You have to listen to the whole thing (before the nominations) on tape. DO NOT RELY ON THE THIS IS WHAT HE SAID SHIT FROM THE PRESS. I don't care what side you are on in the current discussions on the differences in treatment of rioting leftists and rioting Trump supporters on the right.

Biden fucking hammered Trump. It was good to hear the next president blast that fuck's legacy into oblivion. Recency bias is going to kick Trump's ass for a while if not for a long while. What Biden stressed after that was moderate, powerful, memorable. It was about the things I cherish ....... the fundamentals of American Democracy and the Republic. It was like a history lesson that said, look fucksticks, the rule of law, EQUALLY APPLIED (and Garland echoed these comments), is paramount. The law is for the people, not for ...... long list of inappropriate applications of it during the Trump administration follows.

There was plenty of talk (and yes it is talk - we'll see) about the importance of LE and civil order. I would have liked to hear a bit more pointed attack on what went down in American cities this summer but, hey, it;'s the Ds. Still, it's a step forward towards not allowing that shit to happen again. Garland echoed that. We might get let down and the drift that Hannibal talks about and a lot of people here agree with towards intolerable liberalism (and all that implies), I'm a bit more optimistic if Biden's words indicate the kind of leadership he seems capable of materializes.
                  Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; January 7, 2021, 02:58 PM.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Too bad old Joe isn't going to be allowed to be President for long. He'll end up being a footnote to the Kamala administration.

I can't wait to see who she appoints as Attorney General. Stacey Abrams, maybe?
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I'll bet that Froot was absolutely outraged over this event

QZuGukwrO0.jpg

Comment

• Looks peaceful
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Remember when the soon-to-be-President called for people to contribute to a bail fund that got violent Minneapolis rioters back out onto the street?

The bail fund raised an astounding $30 million in the wake of George Floyd's drug overdose and immediately put those funds to work, freeing criminals of every variety.

EfY9PWhWAAgOZap.jpg
                          Last edited by Hannibal; January 7, 2021, 04:18 PM.

Comment

• I want to believe yesterday was a coming to Jesus moment for all Americans, left or right. That was something Biden stressed using words that called everyone to look at the divisions and the civil disorder they've created. A lot of it stoked by the fucking sitting president either by actual words or lack of them when l;eadership from the WH was absolutely necessary - blown opportunity by a selfish egotist only concerned about himself. The antithesis of a public servant. Biden went on and stressed all of it lawless with a dose of domestic terrorism present with the intent of that to sow distrust in America's fundamental institutions.

There were plenty of editorials from conservatives over the last 6 months that called out the lawlessness and violence sparked by the Taylor/Floyd shootings by police. There was mention that domestic terrorists with intent to provoke violent acts meant to disrupt civil order and the impede LE necessary to preserve it. Additional mention though scant IMO that foreign provocateurs were equally involved.

The problem, IMO, was not only the violence undertaken by the left and the lack of leadership at the local level to subdue it and restore order but also the presidential response to it. The vacillation between a strong response in Portland and Chicago counterposed with Trump's selfish desire to make political hay out of by letting cities burn was obvious to most.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Dems are very peaceful. R's are trouble makers.

Get with the program
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                                I want to believe yesterday was a coming to Jesus moment for all Americans, left or right. That was something Biden stressed using words that called everyone to look at the divisions and the civil disorder they've created. A lot of it stoked by the fucking sitting president either by actual words or lack of them when l;eadership from the WH was absolutely necessary - blown opportunity by a selfish egotist only concerned about himself. The antithesis of a public servant. Biden went on and stressed all of it lawless with a dose of domestic terrorism present with the intent of that to sow distrust in America's fundamental institutions.

There were plenty of editorials from conservatives over the last 6 months that called out the lawlessness and violence sparked by the Taylor/Floyd shootings by police. There was mention that domestic terrorists with intent to provoke violent acts meant to disrupt civil order and the impede LE necessary to preserve it. Additional mention though scant IMO that foreign provocateurs were equally involved.

The problem, IMO, was not only the violence undertaken by the left and the lack of leadership at the local level to subdue it and restore order but also the presidential response to it. The vacillation between a strong response in Portland and Chicago counterposed with Trump's selfish desire to make political hay out of by letting cities burn was obvious to most.
                                Interim President Biden has been curiously silent though about President-in-waiting Kamala's support for bail funds that openly contribute to violence and anarchy by getting criminals quickly back out onto the street.

It's almost as if he intends for there to be one set of rules for the Left and one set of rules for the Right.
                                Last edited by Hannibal; January 7, 2021, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X