No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CGI is supposedly more practical, but if you look at movie budgets, they have been skyrocketing relative to inflation big time. The Thing, Star Wars, and the original Mad max are practically student films compared to the recent Star Wars trilogy, and they are all more visually convincing to boot. The Thing was made for what is approximately $45 Million in today's dollars, and that included some incredibly expensive shit. like having to shuttle an entire film crew and build sets on location in the Arctic. Star Trek II was made for about $35-$40 Million and there is very little in the movie that has aged poorly, other than a few of the spaceship effects during the battle scenes. Star Wars's cost translates into about $55-$60 Milliion in today's dollars. Yes, the original Star Wars, a movie infamous for being incredibly hard to shoot and complete. The estimates that I have seen for Rise of Skywalker are in the $300 Million range. For what? Shitty action scenes that aren't more fun to watch than what was made a few decades ago? Hundreds of millions of dollars get flushed down the toilet of every shitty modern action movie that does nothing but crowd the screen with flashing lights and explosions that don't do anything to support the movie's shitty boring plot.
    Last edited by Hannibal; April 27, 2021, 02:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
      "What does that leave you with?"

Uh.. dumb shits like you
      come on you almost got this

even a retard could figure it out.

Comment

• BTW, I'm glad that we've got some folks on the record as being against freedom of speech and being in favor of government crackdowns on peacefully expressed dissident opinions. I don't have much to say about it in that respect. Everyone here is old enough to know whether they are fans of free speech, so there's no point in trying to argue its merits. Some people clearly aren't. Today's FBI makes Jay Edgar Hoover look like a piker.
        Last edited by Hannibal; April 27, 2021, 02:10 PM.

Comment

• Oscars worth watching...

Attached Files
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Stans worth paying attention to...
            Attached Files
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Nothing will ever top the epic fight between Darth Vader and Obi-Wan near the end of Star Wars. I'm on the edge of my seat every time.

Comment

• STFU
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                  STFU
                  Attached Files

Comment

• That is ghey
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Welp, Chairman Joe and his Minister of Health, Comrade Fauci, announced today that what amounted to a government dictate to wear masks outside has been rescinded ......you don't need to wear masks outdoors ..... if you've been vaccinated.

We've known since sometime late last year that the risk of SARS2 transmission was low outside, vaccinated or not, but that didn't stop governments, both federal, state and local to recommend locking yourself inside your house, baring most social contact other than with your cat and dog (even then there were stories about pets getting COVID and infecting their masters!!!) and, of course, any kind of professional, college or youth sports.

This was big news, all over the networks on TV and Chairman Joe took up some prime time TV (well, prime time for women that watch the afternoon soaps) and had a presidential announcement special to celebrate his remarkable accomplishments that led to un-masking outdoors.

Faux golf clap is in order.

Wondering what will be next? Something on the order of a presidential prime time announcement that you don't need to disinfect surfaces anymore.

DSL: STFU. I'm tell'n you speed readers can be enriched by my posts.

Also, I've watched a couple of films in an IMAX theater that, before we moved, I could walk to it in Fort Lauderdale. They're pretty cool from a sound and visual experience POV. Just don't sit too close. You might vomit into your pop-corn box. Lux theaters with food and recliners. Been once, food sucked, not for me.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• shaddup
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• No. KYR.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• LMAO Holy fucking shit I thought this was photoshopped when I first saw it but it's confirmed.

EzqKa5tXMAMTj4s?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

Comment

• LMAO All vaccinated.

Ez1KZR5WQAEq4lp?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Comment

• 🤣😂
                                Ez1QuUHXsAY0jm7?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X