No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dolans are horrible owners, but I think he may sneak one out. It’s gonna be close.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Dolan out to early 2 point lead with 1.5% reporting!!!! Woooot!

Comment

• 768,000 people voted in the 2018 Republican Senate primary. This one is more contested. We're about 61,000 votes in and Dolan has fallen to third but only 3000 votes behind the lead.

Seems like not much in from big metro areas yet. So we'll see.

Comment

• Cuyahoga will go HUUUUGE for Dolan!

Comment

• lol...i saw a tweet earlier today that as of 3:30 turnout in Cuyahoga was at like 11%. But there's always a huge after work rush!!!!!!!

Comment

• I think everything that's been reported so far is just early voting...don't hold me to that.

Franklin County was the very first county to report any numbers where I'm watching and it hasn't changed at all since 7:35

Comment

• 538 is sort of hilarious re Tim Ryan. They wonder if his anti-China, pro-police is the wrong way to go — leaning into trying to get working class votes.

Well, given that he had zero functional primary opponent and presumably wants to win the general—uh, yes.

Edit — right after I posted that, Galen, a guy who isn’t an idiot says the same thing.
                Last edited by iam416; May 3, 2022, 07:09 PM.

Comment

• Not paying much attention to the Governor's race but Whaley appears to be running away with it on the Dems side. Renacci is currently beating my boy from Canal Winchester, a surprise, but DeWine appears in no danger of losing.

Comment

• If the end result map ends up looking like the early vote it's gonna be pretty funky.

When Kasich beat Trump in the 2016 primary he tended to win what I would call the traditional Republican areas. Columbus, most of western Ohio, Cincinnati. Trump won Appalachia, Rust Belt, and any place that was longtime Democrat that had flipped to Republican more recently.

Be interesting to compare tonight's map to that one.

Comment

• NPR has an updating map that shows who is winning counties. Mandel and Vance are dominating rural votes. I think it’s likely that DJT’s nomination will end up costing Mandel the nomination. Dolan will be close, but he’s probably gonna lose by a point or two.

Comment

• Fairfield and Hamilton have yet to report anything.

Comment

• Oops, nevermind on that Governor's race, major news outlets already declaring DeWine and Whaley the winners.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            NPR has an updating map that shows who is winning counties. Mandel and Vance are dominating rural votes. I think it’s likely that DJT’s nomination will end up costing Mandel the nomination. Dolan will be close, but he’s probably gonna lose by a point or two.
                            Don't know...I feel like people broke for Dolan very late, so he'd do better in the election day count. OTOH Mandel and Vance's base are Trump voters who believe early voting was invented by Lucifer himself, so I couldn't tell you whos got the edge.

Mandel and Vance are kind of slap fighting to draw in rural Ohio at the moment, with Mandel appearing to do better than Vance in corn country, at least for now.

Comment

• I trust Strangelove will deliver Fairfield County to Dolan…..BIGLY

Comment

• Still a lot of votes around big cities but Dolan's starting to fall too far behind. 12,000 votes now.

Comment

Working...
                                X