Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    Georgia. Perdue ain’t winning.
    That's true. I saw a great poll for Kemp today. The immature part of me wants Kemp to taunt Trump like crazy. I think that's in two or three weeks.

Comment

• His influence is primarily in “unknown” races. Where voters know the candidates he doesn’t do much. He wouldn’t dare endorse Renaci because it was hopeless.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
          Remember that goofball Andrew Zimmern? Chubby guy that went around eating the grossest stuff in the world? Cast iron stomach? Yeah you don't see him much anymore. They filmed an episode at Wizzie's to try his "world famous" pu pu platter.

Nobody beats the Wiz. Nobody. RIP, Andrew
          You really need to shut yer piehole...fuckstain...this was NEVER substantiated...in a court of law...
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            Meanwhile, as correctly predicted, everyone on the Left is labeling the seemingly inevitable overturning of Roe as anti-democratic or some variation thereof. The illiteracy is shocking but, again, easily predictable.
            Gotta be racist...
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• "My Body, My Choice!" is back!

Comment

• It's profoundly un-democratic for the Supreme Court to overrule Roe and allow the 50 various democracies in our country to decide, through their democratically elected representatives, on how to democractically deal with abortion.

Comment

• Short article on inflation, but it makes the obvious, obvious points well. https://www.nationalreview.com/2022/...fiscal-sanity/

In total, the U.S. money supply has increased by nearly 41 percent since the beginning of the pandemic, more than any period since World War II.
                  That is on both DJT and The Chairman. Then you throw in supply shocks and you end up with significantly increased demand in the form of hugely increased money supply and way less supply (in some important areas) and, well....the law of supply and demand can't be canceled.

Comment

• If only we had listened to the Zimbabweans at the beginning of the pandemic.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Shutting down an economy and printing absolute mountains of money to pay people to not work just seemed so smart 2 years ago. No one could have foretold that there would be real repercussions from such a well-planned scheme.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• So, look -- there were at least defensible reasons for the giant jolt to the money supply. Those can be argued and re-argued and that's fine. I acknowledge that contemporaneously there were defensible reasons for the actions. I think those reasons diminished as time went on, but whatever.

The point, though, is not the rightness or wrongness of those actions, but rather the effects. We're sitting a country where the Party in Power wants to blame inflation on literally anything other than a huge shock to the monetary supply + supply disruptions. If you can't at least acknowledge what the fuck put you here then you're -- what's the Zimbabweans say? -- doomed as fuck to repeat the shit.

Again, you can probably make a decent argument that the pandemic policies were justified even considering the foreseeable longer term impacts. It's an argument I'd even agree with to a certain degree. But The Party and The Chairman will not make that case and instead blame Putin and "Big ____" for inflation.

Comment

• Agreed, there were reasons initially. But we needed hard stops and limits as safety scaffolding as time drug on. By the end of Trump and when Joe took office, there were some definite things that should have been done economically that just were not done to help stop the bleeding. But Monday morning quarterbacking isn’t gonna fix things now.

Comment

• How about Wednesday...does that work?
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• No, Monday Morning QB'ing doesn't change anything, but acknowledging the cause of your symptoms is sort of the way you treat said symptoms. That said, I'm not a Hospital Administrator.

Comment

• ...but did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express last nite?
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X