X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barely a boomer. Born in 63.
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Boomers could fuck around all high school, barely graduate, and the next day get immediate employment in a union job that had a PENSION and enormous job security. You could also marry, start popping out babies, support a family of 5 on one salary, and buy a modest to sizable home all before turning 22 and still have virtually no debt.

That world is completely non-existent today.

Comment

• Bullshit.
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I worked 3 fucking jobs right out of high school and paid for all my college 100%...got married at 19 and had two kids within 2 years...worked...scraped...did what I had to do. Back then we didn't suck off the parent teat for 10 years...kids can do it if they want to work...but most I know are lazy, selfish fucktards living off their parents or the government and they work (if they work) the bare minimum. Sorry I'm calling BULLSHIT on your assessment.
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I've employed young people for the past 40 years. The best work ethic BY FAR was the kids from the 80's...been slipping since then and nowadays they are the laziest, rudest and most selfish group of people I have ever employed. Ever.
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Well maybe not in Bumfuck, Nebraska. You still didn't have telephones until 1987. Jobs fell into two categories: threshing and gutting pigs

If you graduated HS in 1968 in Northeastern Ohio do you know how many factories you could simply walk into and leave with a job and maybe even your first paycheck the same day? And it would be enough to support a wife and two kids. Easy.

You seem like such a great boss, Wiz, it's hard to imagine your employees not breaking their backs for you.

Comment

• Boomers could fuck around all high school, barely graduate, and the next day get immediate employment in a union job that had a PENSION and enormous job security. You could also marry, start popping out babies, support a family of 5 on one salary, and buy a modest to sizable home all before turning 22 and still have virtually no debt.

That world is completely non-existent today.​
                I knew guys older than me doing this, getting a job at the big 3.

Though try working on a line 10 hours a day fitting a bolt on a transmission on a Mustang all day/night long in a pit - day 6 days a week. You act like it was all fun and games every day, it's called working hard.

Comment

• DSL...I guess we'll just have to agree to agree that you are a fucking moron. Good day sir.

STFU and GET THE FUCK OFF MY LAWN
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post

I knew guys older than me doing this, getting a job at the big 3.

Though try working on a line 10 hours a day fitting a bolt on a transmission on a Mustang all down in a pit - day 6 days a week. You act like it was all fun and games every day, it's called working hard.
                    Oh assembly line work grinds you down over time, for sure. It's what my dad did and it cost him his back eventually. But point being, you could get a very good paying job with basically no qualifications that was, in those days, almost guaranteed employment with a guaranteed pension. Those jobs today are non-existent. Today you need a bachelor's and 5 yrs experience (preferred) to even get a call back for an entry level position mindlessly entering data into spreadsheets.

Comment

• Yes I got a job 18 years old on the loading dock. God Damn almost killed me every day coming home with aching back and other parts. But the money was great, I had the accountant call me in the office one day and ask me "Why aren't you cashing your checks, you're messing up my books?" I said, "Oh, I haven't had the time, I'll get right on that".

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                        DSL...I guess we'll just have to agree to agree that you are a fucking moron. Good day sir.

STFU and GET THE FUCK OFF MY LAWN
                        Go retire to God's Waiting Room with the rest of the fogies. Trade in your F150 for a golf cart and live your dreams at The Villages.

Comment

• That's the plan. Now STFU.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Looney Tunes Florida GIF

Comment

• DSL....and this is important...I need you to listen to me...I need the following from you...

Quarter Pounder with cheese, large fries and a vanilla shake. I will tip you handsomely...
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Shake machine's broke, boss

And thanks for the tip: a fortune cookie fortune wrapped around a button. I'm speechless.

Comment

Working...
                                X