Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
    I hope she loses at this point. The governor of Arizona is of no use to me whereas a senator and house members are. The faster people realize that the Trumpy candidates are electoral poison, the better. As Talent has been saying, it's plainly obvious to anyone paying attention.

Look at MI-3 in WEST MICHIGAN. Yes, the district was redrawn in a way that was beneficial to the D candidate but Meijer beat the same D candidate, Scholten, by 6% in 2020. He got primaried (with D help) and Gibbs became the candidate in 2022. Scholten beat him by 13! That's a 19 point swing in 2 years against the SAME D candidate who might as well be a member of the squad. In west Michigan. In a climate that couldn't possibly be more hospitable to the party out of power.

Based on what I've been reading on conservative media, the general sentiment is that Trump and his hand-picked candidates are the biggest reason for the devastating midterm defeat. Support for Trump seems fairly muted with even the far right Trumpers taking a "wait and see" approach. It's clear to me that Desantis would win the R primary if it were held next week and I don't see that changing in the next year or two either. The problem will be that Trump will just run as a 3rd party candidate and siphon off enough votes to ensure the Ds win again. This will get worse before it gets better.
    In a way, it's good the congress is split. The dems can't blame their failings on a partisan congress as they most certainly would. Also, no more Jan 6th fiasco hearings that waste time and money. No excuses for the next two years and either Trump or Ron should able to knock off poopy pants

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      Nobody goes to California anymore, it's too crowded.
      And the portions! So small!

Comment

• Well, California overwhelmingly re-elected Newsome, when they had the chance to send him packing.

So there is that. I guess he's doing a great job.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Seeing a report that Schumer intends to have a vote on codifying same-sex marriage this week. You may recall that Dems agreed to delay this vote until after the Elections, with Republicans promising there would be enough support to pass it afterwards. Been speculation if any would renege on their promise considering the Senate didn't turn out like they expected.

Comment

• DSL's post brings up a good point...don't smoke crack kids...
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Also can anyone here name the guy who coordinated the Democrats' Senate election strategy? He's someone near and dear to your hearts, but he kept an extremely low profile as compared to Rick Scott on the Republican side.
                I had to look it up. Didn't realize Peters actually did anything other than vote how he's told.

Comment

• I genuinely don't know what I'd do if I'm DeSantis. If you back off and wait you kind of look wimpy. Plus some other Republican might become more of a "star" between now and 2028. On the other hand Trump is going to attack you and your wife without mercy, along with his social media allies, and probably urge some type of boycott when he loses to you.

Tomorrow will be one of the most important days in our country's history, per Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                    I just spent the weekend in Grand Rapids and that city is underrated jewel. Its getting better every time I visit it.
                    First time I hung out in GR was back in the late 90s and I liked it back then, too. The arena is great and has walkable hotels, bars and restaurants. Now with the addition of the Michigan beer industry, specifically in the west of the state, there's a lot of great brew pubs, too.

Comment

I had to look it up. Didn't realize Peters actually did anything other than vote how he's told.
                      He's a man of many talents, Mike

Comment

I genuinely don't know what I'd do if I'm DeSantis. If you back off and wait you kind of look wimpy. Plus some other Republican might become more of a "star" between now and 2028. On the other hand Trump is going to attack you and your wife without mercy, along with his social media allies, and probably urge some type of boycott when he loses to you.

Tomorrow will be one of the most important days in our country's history, per Trump.
                        DeSantis will run and he will win the nomination. Trump will continue to be a whiny bitch loser and tear the whole thing down. Enjoy President Harris' term.

Comment

• Trump is gonna approach DeSantis to be the Veep.
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

He's a man of many talents, Mike
                            Apparently, one of his talents is keeping his talents a secret.

Comment

• Man, that UVA shooting killed 3 current Cavalier football players. The shooter is a former player who was on the team in 2018 but never appeared in a game. Certainly doesn't sound like random victims.

Comment

Man, that UVA shooting killed 3 current Cavalier football players. The shooter is a former player who was on the team in 2018 but never appeared in a game. Certainly doesn't sound like random victims.
                                It happened on a bus as a class was returning from a field trip to DC. Must have been a class that a lot of football players were enrolled in.

Comment

Working...
                                X