No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagine standing there listening to Herschel tell the tale of The Bull That Liked to Fuck Cows and Had Plenty of Illegitimate Children and thinking "Yep, Mitch & The Establishment will have screwed this up if this man doesn't become the next US Senator"

Comment

• Inexperienced candidates have a hard time raising money, that's an iron law of politics. Mitch McConnell has nothing to with a candidate's ability to trudge every day to another rubber chicken dinner to give the same speech to donors. That's a skill you develop when you are young and you are running for dog catcher. The candidates who work their way up the pyramid are much better at retail politics than some schmoes Peter Thiel thinks are great candidates.

The candidates ability to raise money is their problem alone, it certainly isn't Mitch McConnell's fault they can't raise money. I don't even like Cocaine Mitch, but the thought that he has to save everyone's bacon is silly, again Rick Scott was head of the NRSC and he blew through the war chest and never took his Navy hat off once.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        That suggests to me that you actually care about winning elections. Well, if that's the case then maybe you should look at R campaigns that won bigly and learn from them...
        Yeah, that's precisely what I'm doing. If you blame Trump for every single loss than you're being suckered by people who want the Republican Party to continue along as the Washington Generals and cave on every important issue. I also have a database of R wins and losses that predates 2018, and I know how completely worthless the Republican Party has been at stopping the advancement of the Left. I don't want to see them stay in that mode. Ron DeSantis put a pretty clear formula for winning big on display, and that formula is a lot closer to Trump than it is to McCain. And you're parroting the people who want to return to the days of McCain.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          Inexperienced candidates have a hard time raising money, that's an iron law of politics. Mitch McConnell has nothing to with a candidate's ability to trudge every day to another rubber chicken dinner to give the same speech to donors. That's a skill you develop when you are young and you are running for dog catcher. The candidates who work their way up the pyramid are much better at retail politics than some schmoes Peter Thiel thinks are great candidates.

The candidates ability to raise money is their problem alone, it certainly isn't Mitch McConnell's fault they can't raise money. I don't even like Cocaine Mitch, but the thought that he has to save everyone's bacon is silly, again Rick Scott was head of the NRSC and he blew through the war chest and never took his Navy hat off once.
          If there are no experienced politicians that are wiliing to run on issues that 80-90%% of the base agrees with, then that's a pretty big problem too. It's not Trump's fault that there's never anyone palatable to choose from that is party-approved.

Comment

• The emails Trump sent out for Herschel Walker and Masters in Arizona (probably others too) sent you to a website where, unless you changed the default setting, out of every dollar you donated 99 cents would go to Trump's PAC and 1 cent would go to the actual candidate.

Maybe there'd be more money to go around if Trump hadn't been bleeding the base dry for the past two years with election fraud claims and promises of lawsuits that never happened. Wasn't he going to help the Jan 6th "political prisoners" too? Never happened.

Unbelievably it looks like Ronna McDaniel will be RNC chair again. Lee Zeldin has stepped back from challenging her. When DeSantis runs he'd better be careful of her. Total servant of Trump that'll stab Ron in the back, given a chance.

Comment

• Nobody was beating Obama in 2008, nobody was beating him in 2012. He was an amazing on the campaign trail. Romney would have had a better shot in 2012 if he campaigned on his Massachusetts record instead of pivoting to a "severe conservative". If your whole worldview is being pissed that a true generational politician came through the ranks, you not going to see the problem clearly.

The one thing Trump did in 2016 that gets lost is he shit canned the parts where you touched Social Security and Medicare, so his earned media was off the charts. He still had to Tressellball a win. And since that win they shit canned the moderate message and have had trouble in every election since.

The best campaigner they have had in the last 30 years was George W with his compassionate conservatism. The "he fights with both hands" gets you all excited, but it's a poor formula to get independents.
              Last edited by froot loops; December 7, 2022, 01:22 PM.

Comment

• Trump's lawyers hired an outside firm to search Bedminister and Trump Tower for more classified docs. Doesn't sound llike they found any but did find a couple at a storage unit Trump rents in West Palm Beach

Trump team searches two of his properties amid court battle with DOJ - The Washington Post

Comment

• Did he rent to Stormy Daniels?
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    The emails Trump sent out for Herschel Walker and Masters in Arizona (probably others too) sent you to a website where, unless you changed the default setting, out of every dollar you donated 99 cents would go to Trump's PAC and 1 cent would go to the actual candidate.

Maybe there'd be more money to go around if Trump hadn't been bleeding the base dry for the past two years with election fraud claims and promises of lawsuits that never happened. Wasn't he going to help the Jan 6th "political prisoners" too? Never happened.

Unbelievably it looks like Ronna McDaniel will be RNC chair again. Lee Zeldin has stepped back from challenging her. When DeSantis runs he'd better be careful of her. Total servant of Trump that'll stab Ron in the back, given a chance.
                    There is a long precedent of both parties moving on from a candidate who failed in a presidential election for good reason. You need new faces. Trump looming large over the party is not good for that party and it shows how weak that party is as far as the establishment goes. When Hannibal is belly aching about the establishment, it is amusing in how much he overestimates their influence.

Comment

• Comment

• There is no border crisis...it's all under control...and there are more important issues...
                        Attached Files
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• HUNTER BIDEN'S LAPTOP!!!!!
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Attached Files
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Hannibal:

It's certainly fair of you to say "if we focus entirely on DJT and election-denying we miss other causes." That doesn't mean the former isn't a cause nor does it mean it's not a significant cause.

But, if it is easier to focus on what actually works instead of searching for the various things that don't, then that's an acceptable path, IMO. And I would very much look at DeSantis and Georgia and, to a lesser extent, NC and even Ohio. But, Georgia/Florida would be my focus. And maybe some Texas (forgot about them).

Finally, I don't know if you consider Mandela Barnes a bad candidate, but my wife did and I know a lot of Ds who did -- and she bemoaned the fact that they were giving away a chance to win Wisconsin. It turned out closer than you'd like, but Barnes ran behind the Governor and lost. He was most definitely (IMO) and bad candidate for the Ds for Wisconsin.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Pretty simple really

New York Posts breaks the laptop story

So, what happens:

1. Dems contact Biden to report the story and ask whether there is something to worry about.

2. The Big Guy calls Hunter, who says...Dad you know I was strung out back then..I can't remember, but chances are there is sheeeet on that laptop.

3. The Big Guy tells the Dem apparatus...we may have a problem.

4. Dem apparatus kicks into high gear to find more than 4 dozen "former intel" officers willing to speculate its Russian disinfo in order to create doubt about the legitimacy of the Laptop and its content, thereby protecting Biden's candidacy.

5. Former intel officers make sure they go on record to speculate enough to cast the truth as disinformation.

6. With the cover of "over 50 former intel officers", the MSM buries the story, while the White House, Biden and the talking heads all cite to the opinions of the "former intel officers" as proof that the laptop story is disinformation. Rather than outright claim the laptop is not real, they cite the intel officers as cover so they can't be accused of lying in the future.

7. Dems and their apparatus continue with their fear-mongering that republican disinformation is the greatest threat to democracy since Hitler.

81 million votes are cast to elect Biden.

You have Joe on tape Hunter with the docs and Tony Bobilinski

Now you have James baker trying to delete all references to the coverup on twitter being fired yesterday

January will be fun

Comment

Working...
                                X