No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uhhhh, that's not what she said. She more or less was praising America's progress that she and her daughters can live and play in building that was built by slaves. So, ummm....that's a completely wasted rant...

Leaders like Hillary Clinton who has the guts and the grace to keep coming back and putting those cracks in that highest and hardest glass ceiling until she finally breaks through, lifting all of us along with her.

(CHEERS, APPLAUSE)

That is the story of this country, the story that has brought me to this stage tonight, the story of generations of people who felt the lash of bondage, the shame of servitude, the sting of segregation, but who kept on striving and hoping and doing what needed to be done so that today I wake up every morning in a house that was built by slaves.

(CHEERS, APPLAUSE)

And I watch my daughters, two beautiful, intelligent, black young women playing with their dogs on the White House lawn.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Heh. CGVT has less people skills than I. Perhaps my greatest weakness is that I'm too sensitive to giving offense.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Liney! Holy crap, man. That was not the context of her remarks at all. She was simply illustrating how far black people have come in this country when they can live in the White House that was, in part, built with slaves. I'd say that is a pretty good indicator of progress.

Comment

• Charges have been dropped for the remaining officers in the Freddie Gray case. Close the book on that bullshit.

Comment

• Look if there one thing we can all agree on, it's that Talent has people skills. Can I get a "Correct." here, my brothers?

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
              Oh for fuck sake. No, the height of stupidity is not knowing what she said or what she meant and then commenting on it.

It was a statement on how far the country has come, that an black man could be POTUS even though there was a time that would never have been possible. In fact the house the POTUS lives in was built by slaves.

Jesus.
              First.

Pick up your teeth, CGVT. Rinse them off, and put them back in your mouth.

Second:

I humbly apologize to those who cannot wait for election day so you can trot out to vote for Hillary. In fact, by then, Barack may sign an executive order saying you can vote several times. So, have at it.

It does appear that I saw an incomplete video/sound bite where Ms. Obama was speaking about her tortured life as FLOTUS. In reviewing the entire video on another site, it appears that I was wrong.

I beg a thousand pardons, Madam FLOTUS .. for besmirching your hallowed name. Please show mercy on me, your humble and terrified serf.

Finally

This current pResident and his family have been the most self-serving bunch to ever take occupancy in the WH. Even moreso than Clinton's Term I and II. The Obamas should have absolutely NO complaints about their lifestyle since 2008. None.

We're about to get Clinton Family Terms III and IV. At least Bill will be out chasing wimmen, instead of occupying the WH.
              Last edited by lineygoblue; July 27, 2016, 11:03 AM.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• On a tangentially-related note, John Hinckley is to be a free man! (but not really. There are all kinds of crazy conditions to his release. He's not allowed contact with the media and he's not even allowed to clear his internet browser history LOL)

Is it safe to say that by pleading guilty and expressing remorse up front he may have ended up better off in the long run?

Comment

• I'm glad I missed whatever that was, and I'm sorry you missed the point. I may have missed the point last week when you congratulated yourself for not pushing someone off a building. Maybe there was something I missed there, but otherwise that hung around looking quite ugly for a while. Food for thought for you, perhaps. You're supposed to be the moderator here, not somebody who needs to be moderated.

As for the Obamas, when you think about what it means to be self-serving, I have to say, it's hard to think of any instance in which the president or his wife have been caught with their pants down, fingers in the till, or anything else that smacks of being in Washington for their own private purposes. There are plenty of legitimate reasons to be disappionted with what's gone on the past eight years, but corruption doesn't seem to be one of them.

Comment

• You still don't get it, do you.

The Obamas are not complaining about their lifestyle.

The First Lady was making a statement on the progress that has been made in this country.

Nothing more.

Edit: I guess we need to quote things that we reply to, so that context remains...
                    Last edited by CGVT; July 27, 2016, 11:05 AM.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I wish that Obama was self-serving (at least with the Clintons concepts like influence-peddling have some distant connection to economics and somebody who is accountable to the bottom line). Granted Obama is likely the most narcissistic person to ever occupy the White House, but his Leftist ideology is his defining trait and ultimately what has done the most damage.
                      Last edited by Hannibal; July 27, 2016, 11:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                        First.

Pick up your teeth, CGVT. Rinse them off, and put them back in your mouth.

Second:

I humbly apologize to those who cannot wait for election day so you can trot out to vote for Hillary. In fact, by then, Barack may sign an executive order saying you can vote several times. So, have at it.

It does appear that I saw an incomplete video/sound bite where Ms. Obama was speaking about her tortured life as FLOTUS. In reviewing the entire video on another site, it appears that I was wrong.

I beg a thousand pardons, Madam FLOTUS .. for besmirching your hallowed name. Please show mercy on me, your humble and terrified serf.

Finally

This current pResident and his family have been the most self-serving bunch to ever take occupancy in the WH. Even moreso than Clinton's Term I and II. The Obamas should have absolutely NO complaints about their lifestyle since 2008. None.

We're about to get Clinton Family Terms III and IV. At least Bill will be out chasing wimmen, instead of occupying the WH.
                        This might be a douchier post than your original.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                          I'm glad I missed whatever that was, and I'm sorry you missed the point. I may have missed the point last week when you congratulated yourself for not pushing someone off a building. Maybe there was something I missed there, but otherwise that hung around looking quite ugly for a while. Food for thought for you, perhaps. You're supposed to be the moderator here, not somebody who needs to be moderated.
                          I don't moderate this thread, it is moderated by other mods. When it was decided to allow political talk, I decided to stand aside as a moderator, because I knew where it would end up. And although civility has been somewhat prevalent, there's still a long way to go till election day. We'll see what happens. Jeff and Mike are in charge of this thread. If they want me out of here, all they have to do is say so. I already have banned myself from one thread, and I'll leave this one as well, if necessary.

Secondly, you missed the point. But, that's fine with me too. You've never wasted an opportunity to talk down to me, and backhand me with your comments, both political, and sports-related. I know I don't have your educational background, nor do I have your writing prowess. I'm a simple minded piece of trailer park trash that has lived a simple lifestyle, with a limited educational background. You've pointed that out repeatedly by the way you talk to me.

I got it. Message received.

Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                            This might be a douchier post than your original.
                            Thank you sir.

May I have another?

Comment

• Bill's speech rambled a bit last night, it served a purpose but I was a little underwhelmed. But I had high expectations. I can't wait until tonight's speech with President Barack Obama.

Comment

• Bill sounds and looks like an old man now. It was a bit of a surprise to me as I hadn't seen or heard him speak in a while.
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X