Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFM to Jags seems done. Gotta say — I’m surprised for a host of reasons. I don’t think he’ll do particularly well in the NFL, but maybe he’ll prove me wrong.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I don’t get it. I think Urban, like Saban, is best suited in college.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• ...go on take the money and run...woo woo woo...
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Correct. I'm pretty sure he can't coach NFL offense. I'm pretty sure that one of his two greatest strengths is recruiting (he's outstanding organizationally, too).
          So, I mean, maybe he's rolling the dice on getting a really talented team put together and being able to win. Trevor Lawrence could be that kind of player.

Comment

• I guess it’s cash, but Urban has a sweet TV deal, could get endorsements, and made a ton with Florida and TOSUC. He doesn’t seem to have a lavish lifestyle, so hard to see money as a big deal. Especially since Texas or USC would pay him just as much.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Low risk high reward. If he succeeds he's a hero. If he fails...well...it's the Jags...so what...
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Texas is kinda the Jags of storied P5 cfb teams. Wait, I guess that’s Nebraska.

Comment

• Eat a bag of dicks.

...oh...and shaddup...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Urban is going to win big there

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                      Low risk high reward. If he succeeds he's a hero. If he fails...well...it's the Jags...so what...
                      Nick failed at Miami, but came back to be the best CFB coach that ever lived.

So maybe this is a round-about way for Urban to get past The Nick once and for all.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I don’t think that Saban really failed at Miami. Or, at best, it’s an unfair, incomplete take. He took over a Dolphins team that was 4-12 and improved them to 15-17 his two years there. Saban wanted Drew Brees but team doctors wouldn’t fully clear him due to a torn labrum in his throwing arm. So, he went with Culpepper which was less than optimal. Even still, I think he would’ve won there if he had stayed. And so did Wayne Huizenga.

Comment

• But his experience at Miami launched him to greater greats and higher heights in CFB.

Which, may be what Meyer has in mind at Jacksonville.

Always strive to be the best. And that's no longer the standard in AA, btw.
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• CRD has gone 23-1 in his first 24 games (counting those 3 substitute games in 2018). That means CRD’s 24 game start is almost as good as UFM’s.

Life in THE SHADOW.

Comment

• Rumors abound that OSU will be without Togiai and Tyreke Smith (Covid). I only post the rumors because they've generally been true when it comes to OSU players being out. Not always, but generally. If these ones are true, then whatever chance Ohio State had just left the building and hopped a spaceship to Mars.

Comment

• We have a couple out, too. Should be back with the SEC’s protocol, though.

Rumor is TOSUC has asked about postponing until the 18th.

Comment

Working...
                                X