Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cornell will kick that Wolverine ass

Comment

• Like I said, right on cue, DSL chimes in with support.

All three of you can STFU.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I believe Cornell has won more recently in Columbus than M. The Aggies won in 1939 or something.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I'm not going to try to defend Fl Governor Ron Desantis' decision to add the WWE to the list of "essential businesses" in FL. I really don't give a fuck but the optics are bad.

He also added the upkeep of grounds and animal care personnel for Disney World to the list of essential businesses as well, so there is that. Some similarities but that's a stretch.

We're not talking about a stadium full of WWE fans. It's the wrestlers and minimal set personnel that will record the event for live TV with appropriate safe guards in place (we are told - what those are I'm not sure). Desantis argues that original sports content is important. For FL residents and the national audience it attracts - along with sustaining what is a FL enterprise, the WWE. FL does have fan excluded Horse racing - a revenue source - that fans can bet on. Frankly, I think these are reasonable steps to take that provide economic benefit to both the WWE and the track in Hialleah as well as tax revenue, a lot of it, to the state of FL. But, of course, "the children" ..... although this time it's old people will die.

Those steps are the kind that many governors are going to have to decide on in the coming weeks. When they decide to open something up, like Desantis did with the WWE, they'll be attacked by the save all lives at any cost crowd. Count on it.

Anyway, this is a fairly balanced piece in the swamp of attacks he's getting on this issue that also tie him to Donald Trump as he is becoming increasingly unpopular. The usual suspects including the Miami Herald are all over this with brutal attacks.

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — Body slams and pile drives can go on in the Sunshine State. With Florida under a lockdown due to the coronavirus pandemic, there's one business deemed essential by Florida's governor that is raising some eyebrows: pro wrestling.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Just some great memories, huh, Jeff?

Attached Files
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
              I'm not going to try to defend Fl Governor Ron Desantis' decision to add the WWE to the list of "essential businesses" in FL. I really don't give a fuck but the optics are bad.

He also added the upkeep of grounds and animal care personnel for Disney World to the list of essential businesses as well, so there is that. Some similarities but that's a stretch.

We're not talking about a stadium full of WWE fans. It's the wrestlers and minimal set personnel that will record the event for live TV with appropriate safe guards in place (we are told - what those are I'm not sure). Desantis argues that original sports content is important. For FL residents and the national audience it attracts - along with sustaining what is a FL enterprise, the WWE. FL does have fan excluded Horse racing - a revenue source - that fans can bet on. Frankly, I think these are reasonable steps to take that provide economic benefit to both the WWE and the track in Hialleah as well as tax revenue, a lot of it, to the state of FL. But, of course, "the children" ..... although this time it's old people will die.

Those steps are the kind that many governors are going to have to decide on in the coming weeks. When they decide to open something up, like Desantis did with the WWE, they'll be attacked by the save all lives at any cost crowd. Count on it.

Anyway, this is a fairly balanced piece in the swamp of attacks he's getting on this issue that also tie him to Donald Trump as he is becoming increasingly unpopular. The usual suspects including the Miami Herald are all over this with brutal attacks.

https://apnews.com/43708c73899f2558e0f02df943fc0468
              I have no stance on the substance of your post. I just found it funny that your opening line is "I will not try to defend Governor Ron's decision" and the the rest of your post defends Gov Ron's decision.

Comment

• Just struck me that Michigan's glory days occurred even before they stole their illustrious winged helmets from Princeton.

Comment

• DSL, well, yeah, that's probably an accurate assessment on my Desantis post.

What I'm trying to say is that while it's bad optics, the decision he made on a micro issue is similar to the micro decisions other governor's are going to have to make in the coming weeks....... it's either shitty option A open some stuff up and take the tsunami of attacks you're going to get from the no one must die for a dollar to be made crowd along with more infections and deaths because of it or shitty option B keep your state's economy completely shuttered and bankrupt most small businesses operating in the service sector that generates upwards of 65% of your state's GDP.

Hard choices commeth. Desantis just made one.

Comment

• The WWE thing is stupid, they were taping them but the scuttlebut is Vince needs to provide live events or Fox could void the deal. Without a crowd, there is literally no difference between a live show or a taping. Truthfully in an empty arena, the taped and edited show is the way to go. AEW has taped enough shows to last through May in undisclosed barns. This probably has less to do with DeSantis and more to do with Trump. Trump and McMahon are kindred spirits and DeSantis a total Trump toady. Trump directed his toady to let VKM run the shows, he has absolute power, end of story.

The WWE shows have been ghastly in an empty arena.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                      The WWE thing is stupid, they were taping them but the scuttlebut is Vince needs to provide live events or Fox could void the deal. Without a crowd, there is literally no difference between a live show or a taping. Truthfully in an empty arena, the taped and edited show is the way to go. AEW has taped enough shows to last through May in undisclosed barns. This probably has less to do with DeSantis and more to do with Trump. Trump and McMahon are kindred spirits and DeSantis a total Trump toady. Trump directed his toady to let VKM run the shows, he has absolute power, end of story.

The WWE shows have been ghastly in an empty arena.
                      The other thing it does is make it possible to have MLB in Florida (which is a horrendous idea) and Trump wants sports on TV like yesterday.
                      2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Screenshot 2020-04-14 at 10.53.38 PM.png
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• It will only leave a mark if someone paraphrases it for Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                            It will only leave a mark if someone paraphrases it for Trump.
                            Ha! It's about as subtle as a ton of bricks.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                              ..... We knew Trump suffered from narcissism per DSM V without actually getting diagnosed with it.....I think he reached that level yesterday with the Fauci and Governor's shit and then the 2h presser yesterday evening where he took 90 minutes with graphics to tout his achievements. Sick...... what's happening on the ground is night and day different from what is coming out of the president's mouth.

Stimulus checks release is bumping up against the deadline in going out because.......wait for it........ needs his name to appear on the check's memo line.

President Donald Trump’s name will appear on checks sent to millions of Americans to combat the economic effects of the coronavirus in a last-minute Treasury Department order, a senior administration official confirmed to CNN on Tuesday.

The man is mentally ill. When something of this importance MUST be modified to appease his ego, it's clear he is unfit for office.
                              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• The decision to add Trump's name will not result in a delay for Americans receiving those checks, the senior administration official said.
                                And speaking of total shitstains -- a Jim Acosta "article" -- woof.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X