No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Trump hadn't nuked the Georgia Senate runoff election, the liberal agenda could have been held in check. Now it's off to the races and nobody will stop it.

Comment

• EFZ to the EFZ
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Comment

• Haven't written a decent COVID news post in a while. I'm sure you've missed it. So, in COVID news:

It defies common sense that a US Government trying hard to dampen vaccine hesitancy release a report that AZ's trial data saying it's 79% effective is flawed. I don't think many of us here trust what public health officials are telling us. One of the prime reasons for that distrust is this kind of conflicting messaging. I haven't read anything that Fauci's agency is basing this on but announcing it is stupid. If it was leaked, and it may have been, just another reason not to trust the FEDS.

You can peruse multiple charts and graphs at the web site below but, the trends in key metrics on a global basis are upward. I predicted this would happen as vaccines emerged and when new case metrics aren't age or regionally correlated. On a regional basis trends are mixed. What seems to be the slam dunk correlation with regions/states experiencing an increase in serious illness and death is slow vaccination rates. Rates are so varied that it is really hard to draw conclusions about causality. My gut tells me that the arrival of vaccines has prompted an already sick and tired of COVID world population to ignore this thing is still out there, gather indoors and otherwise partake in riskier behaviors regarding COVID. I don't think how states in the US or Europe are easing or tightening mitigation measures has much of an impact on new infections or hospitalizations. Human behavior is what it is. Government should be adjusting their PH policies and messaging accordingly. They're not.

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...ldwide-graphs/

Europe, with the exception of the UK, is a mess and this is unfortunate considering countries there did a good job, of controlling viral spread in the first place. The EUC made egregious errors in vaccine procurement and distribution and it is going to pay for those errors in the form of large scale resistance to lock-downs and legitimate complaints that police states are becoming the norm. It's just a cauldron for public unrest right now.

In my COVID micro world of cruise ship operations, RCI has announced it will port two medium sized ships in Nassau Bahamas and on the French side of St. Maarten. From these two ports, these ships will be sailing 5 and 7d itineraries with stops in several Caribbean ports that will allow access. There are many anxious to re-open to tourism. Both ports are easy to access by air from the US. There are several other smaller lines that have already done this to escape what is now considered an out of date/behind the evolving science CDC policy that bans cruise ship operations from US ports. Passengers and crew will have to be vaccinated and be able to prove it to sail. I've watched how the cruise lines have adapted safety protocols on board cruise ships carefully since this all started. Without listing them, trust me, you'll be safer on a cruise ship from infectious disease than anywhere on the planet save hospital isolation wards.
          Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; March 23, 2021, 10:38 AM.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• the really sad part is there are people disappointed this was'nt a right wing nut job in boulder. My kid lives there and first thing he texted was its a rwnj antivaxxer

cop who was killed had a lot of kids

they say the shooter was 21

he looks 50

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
              the really sad part is there are people disappointed this was'nt a right wing nut job in boulder. My kid lives there and first thing he texted was its a rwnj antivaxxer

cop who was killed had a lot of kids

they say the shooter was 21

he looks 50
              I saw them dragging him away live last night and was pretty surprised when I heard he was 21 too. Looked like he was in his 40's or 50's.

Sounds like he was living with his parents...kinda raises questions in my mind about whether he bought a gun without them knowing or if they got it FOR him or what

Comment

• Gee, it's probably better to raise questions about whether his parents knew he was mentally ill or if a year of doomsday talk drove him there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post
                  Gee, it's probably better to raise questions about whether his parents knew he was mentally ill or if a year of doomsday talk drove him there.
                  I think that's what I'm driving at: if his parents knew he was unstable, did they let him keep a gun anyways? Maybe he took it from his dad or got it somewhere else.

The article seems to make it seem that his paranoia started several years ago.

Comment

• That's almost always the case. The signs aren't exactly as cryptic as a Nostramadus Quatrain. But its always about the guns..

Comment

• fuckin' guns
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I assume that since he's a Syrian immigrant and a Muslim we will wait patiently to figure out what his motive was and, of course, remain very careful not to jump to conclusions. Now, if he were a white dude....
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• HANG THE HONKEY!
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            I assume that since he's a Syrian immigrant and a Muslim we will wait patiently to figure out what his motive was and, of course, remain very careful not to jump to conclusions. Now, if he were a white dude....
                            We won't be given the chance. The story will be memory-holed.

Comment

• So according to this his family knew he had bought this gun 7 days prior to the shooting, took it away from him, then later returned it?

The 21-year-old Arvada man arrested in Monday’s mass shooting at a Boulder King Sooper’s previously attacked a classmate at Arvada West High School, according to court records and the Colorado Bure…

Comment

• He was just having a bad day
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X