No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piles of shots over thirty years. Mandatory flu shot every year and damn glad to get it. As to Jeff's "Who was dumb enough to turn down the shot?" there were plenty that bitched about it and would turn it down if they could. Even got an anthrax shot, and most got the smallpox vaccine back around 2000 (I couldn't get smallpox shot because my daughter had eczema)
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• The USAF was the same way. You got no choice about injections beyond "right arm or left?".
      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Josh Hawley proposes a "trust-busting" bill that Bernie and Pocahantas would surely love. https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...ng-initiative/

The ven diagram where left-wing and right-wing populism overlap is both not insignificant and no place I want to spend any time.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I don't blame anyone for not wanting to get the vaccine when the Faucis of the world are saying that you should still behave as if you could catch the virus and die at any second, regardless of your vaccination status. If we are all still locked down in our homes and not even shaking hands or hugging our relatives, then there is no point in even getting the vaccine. And when the experts on infectious disease are officially declaring racism to be a "public health issue", then the experts lose all credibility. The CDC is now a Leftist political advocacy organization that happens to have some scientists working for it. As with NASA and the FBI, it is fully compromised and nothing with political implications that comes out of it can be trusted.

The Left intends for this pandemic to be permanent, and this is beyond obvious at this point.
          Last edited by Hannibal; April 12, 2021, 03:17 PM.

Comment

• well the military you all were in didn't allow you to join and get your sex changed while on active duty either

didn't allow for you to call a timeout if the Drill instructor was too tough

didn't lower the standards for rangers to make sure they got their quota

didn't make you feel guilty throughcritical race theory that you were born white

didn't deploy you to DC to guard the capital

tell you thought that damn second maderna was worse then all them anthrax shots

of all places for a cop to think she was pulling her taser had to be minneapolis

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
              well the military you all were in didn't allow you to join and get your sex changed while on active duty either

457546456.jpg
              Imagine being in the Russian Army when WWIII breaks out and how terrifying it must be to be facing off against this.
              Last edited by Hannibal; April 12, 2021, 02:42 PM.

Comment

• they're all on the fast track to promotion and/or 100% disability payments from the service after they get out

Comment

• The Left intends for this pandemic to be permanent, and this is beyond obvious at this point.
                  It certainly is.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                    I did find this web site displaying MI's COVID data.

How is Michigan faring against COVID-19, both overall and at a state level? Get the answers here, with data on hotspots and infection rates. This map tracks the history of coronavirus cases in Michigan, both recent and all-time.

There are certainly more new cases - a lot more - and similar to FL's rise in new cases. What I found revealing from this link is where the rise in new cases is concentrated - tip of the thumb. Elsewhere, things don't seem so bad. Makes a case for strong regional intervention measures not a one size fits all approach for MI.

Deaths have risen that may or may not be a reporting anomaly. Over a month's time though, they have gone up.

This web site had the best visuals for hospitalizations and they are up but when you dig into the data that's available here, I found this: on 3/9, 2.8% of all active cases were hospitalized. On 4/9, 2.7%

Michigan has offered hospitalization data, including inpatients, critical care patients and ventilator use for COVID-19 since April 12, 2020.

Whitmer has asked for more vaccine describing things in MI as a life and death race against time. Reportedly the Biden administration isn't going to change vaccine distribution plans. I think that's mostly wrong headed.
                    Yeah, I don't get the Biden administration on this BUT I understand it. I am halfway through the book....Lucky: How Biden won the presidency....and one thing that is very clear is that Bidenworld is very slow to change its positions on anything. And that you don't tell Biden anything. They are also consensus builders and when you build consensus it is hard to be real agile.

I saw in the Freep (Saturday I think) where the new Speaker of the House (Jason Wentworth) praising Whitmer for not putting more restrictions on Michigan. Fine that is pretty expected. And then, he said she should the next logical step which is removing ALL covid 19 restrictions in Michigan.
                    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                      they're all on the fast track to promotion and/or 100% disability payments from the service after they get out
                      Truer words have never been spoken. In Michigan once you hit 100% disability you get a lifetime monthly check of about $3,600 in today’s dollars. Tax free, of course. You are also exempted from property taxes. I used to work with a couple guys who were getting close to the golden number and were already shopping for 2nd homes up north. One of them never left the continental United States. The military is rife with those who are working the system. Last I knew the VA’s annual budget was north of $180B.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

457546456.jpg
                        Imagine being in the Russian Army when WWIII breaks out and how terrifying it must be to be facing off against this.
                        We’ll all be speaking Chinese eventually. Well, our descendants will...

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

Yeah, I don't get the Biden administration on this BUT I understand it. I am halfway through the book....Lucky: How Biden won the presidency....and one thing that is very clear is that Bidenworld is very slow to change its positions on anything. And that you don't tell Biden anything. They are also consensus builders and when you build consensus it is hard to be real agile.

I saw in the Freep (Saturday I think) where the new Speaker of the House (Jason Wentworth) praising Whitmer for not putting more restrictions on Michigan. Fine that is pretty expected. And then, he said she should the next logical step which is removing ALL covid 19 restrictions in Michigan.
                          One more since all the news is so sunny. I just saw a headline in my local community paper that the Freedom Festival is canceled. Local officials sited the state’s ban on OUTSIDE gatherings of over 1,000 people. At this point it’s too late in the game to plan a bunch of 4th of July celebrations, especially when you don’t know what the rules will be at that point. So they just said fuck it. Celebrating America’s freedom is canceled. We are now 14 months removed from the start of this thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

One more since all the news is so sunny. I just saw a headline in my local community paper that the Freedom Festival is canceled. Local officials sited the state’s ban on OUTSIDE gatherings of over 1,000 people. At this point it’s too late in the game to plan a bunch of 4th of July celebrations, especially when you don’t know what the rules will be at that point. So they just said fuck it. Celebrating America’s freedom is canceled. We are now 14 months removed from the start of this thing.
                            15 days to flatten the curve.

14 months and everyone in the country who has better than a 1% chance of dying from the virus and wants a vaccine has likely been vaccinated. And we still can’t go outside without a mask or go to a full restaurant.
                            Last edited by Hannibal; April 12, 2021, 05:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

15 days to flatten the curve.
                              Seems like at this point it would almost be easier for the experts to admit that they've been flying by the seat of their pants all along.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• SARS2 and COVID ...... there are so many ways to safely live with both of these. We have a miracle vaccine available - a game changer that reduces, death, serious illness and transmission. We have multiple new drug therapies that, if you become infected and you are at risk for serious consequences, your survival potential is increased dramatically. Lastly, we have DARPA (Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency). A segment on CBS's 60 Minutes last night highlighted some of their projects - one of them to stop cold the next pandemic. I was marginally aware of this agency and even less so of their projects. Its science fiction but it's not. It's real. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/last-pa...es-2021-04-11/

I don't think we should be surprised at all that businesses and some state governments are moving full speed ahead to return to normalcy. The economy is booming, mostly due to a rejection of the information and recommendations for caution coming from politicians and PH agencies and officials. If business activity and economic indicators were depressed, I might tend to believe that, here in the US and probably globally, we should be tentative about moving forward in this pandemic. Too many risks. But that is not what is happening. Indicators are up and up big, all over the place.

It makes no sense to side with the nay-sayers and dire consequences advocates when the reality on the ground is so distinctly different, as measured by business activity and economic indicators rather than new COVID case numbers. Sure, a troubling future can be predicted but what is the use of doing that when the focus for those predicting such a troubling future is to continue to try to validate that outcome with misleading data in the hopes it will happen. Not happening.

What's actually happening and what is being revealed is an abrupt and stunning example of the inability of government to be agile and shift direction based on current circumstance compared to the private sector of innovators and risk takers that do just that and profit. We have politicians, government public health agencies and officials augmented by a biased press set on proving they are right about their dire consequences predictions. Meanwhile the facts on the ground, available to attentive people make their claims less believable every day.

We'll be fine.
                                Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; April 12, 2021, 07:58 PM.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X