No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another conspiracy Joe is participating in, he is increasing your gas prices!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
      If Joe was an eagle he would be flying into objects...
      I kinda expected that to be a vulture..

Comment

• heh
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• his biggest failure will be immigration....and the green new deal.....and more socialized medicine......and inflation.....and foreign policy

hard he has a press conference tonight. --I hear 14K kids are now in plastic bubbles after crossing the border with a bunch of senators demanding access to see them friday or they'll shiut down the senate. all these kids are crammed together not getting covid tested

Comment

• Those will all be wins.
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Last week it was announced that President Biden has allegedly put a gag order on Border Control agents. No ride-alongs and agents and local agency press officers can’t release numbers or info -including photos- on conditions, etc. Can you just imagine if the previous president had done that?

I naively thought the story would get more play because, you know, democracy dies in darkness and all that, but it has not.

Multiple news organizations, including NBC News, have requested access to or photos from inside overcrowded border processing facilities holding unaccompanied migrant children; they have been denied. The DHS press office released one photo late Tuesday of a mother and child undergoing a health screening inside a border facility, but no wider shots to show conditions or sleeping arrangements.

At the height of the Trump administration’s child separation policy in June 2018, it allowed media to tour facilities where separated children were held.
              https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...mp/ncna1261133
              Last edited by AlabamAlum; March 24, 2021, 03:13 PM.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Historical weekly average gas prices can be found here. There's definitely been an uptick recently for a couple reasons but you can see the January & February prices were about the same or below the prices in Jan/Feb of 2020 (pre-covid shutdowns). Prices obviously crashed below $2 nationally during the strictest portion of the lockdowns.

Biden temporarily blocking drilling on federal lands has an impact on the price of oil but there's a lot of other things going on. Like CGVT mentioned, OPEC cut production and global demand is on the rise as things open up. That said, oil is off its recent high by about $5. The Texas electrical grid imploding shut down some refining capacity for a while which has more of a direct impact on the price of gasoline than drilling-related stuff does.
                Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; March 24, 2021, 03:41 PM.

Comment

• Well, look at that. The village idiot is back
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• No...you never left...
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                      Gas prices here:

Inauguration Day: $2.00 gal.

Today: $2.75 gal.

And if Whitmer gets her way, it'll be nearly $4.00.
                      How soon the Trumpet in question forgets what his idol Donald Trump was doing less than a year ago.
                      The gap between what's good for the president and what's good for the country.

Comment

• Awful.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I see that the Mexican President is blaming Biden for the border crisis. Apparently he hasn’t got the memo that everything is DJT’s fault.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                            Last week it was announced that President Biden has allegedly put a gag order on Border Control agents. No ride-alongs and agents and local agency press officers can’t release numbers or info -including photos- on conditions, etc. Can you just imagine if the previous president had done that?

I naively thought the story would get more play because, you know, democracy dies in darkness and all that, but it has not.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...mp/ncna1261133
                            You’re not dumb enough to be surprised by any of that.

Comment

• I AM TOO!

wait...
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                              X