X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I believe orange ruffage is a type of fish

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

I may have that wrong then. I thought previously that they didn't want them paying into the SS system if they were only here to work for a couple years and therefor didn't need a SS number.
      We want everybody paying into that boondoggle. Or did, anyway.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Basically, everyone agrees that there is little research relating to alien voting. The only data I can remember on the subject was done in connection with a census-like study of only self-admitted illegal aliens. 20% of that group had voted in a state or federal election. I suspect that had those illegal voters been asked in an exit poll, very few would have admitted to being illegal.

How would you design research into the subject without affecting the result? It seems to me that the act of asking aliens about illegal voting would itself affect the outcome.

Perhaps that is why there is so little research.
        Last edited by Da Geezer; March 19, 2021, 11:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
          Basically, everyone agrees that there is little research relating to alien voting. The only data I can remember on the subject was done in connection with a census-like study of only self-admitted illegal aliens. 20% of that group had voted in a state or federal election. I suspect that had those illegal voters been asked in an exit poll, very few would have admitted to being illegal.

How would you design research into the subject without affecting the result? It seems to me that illegal voting and asking a voter about whether he voted illegally are complementary variables, like in the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle. You can't measure one without affecting the other, so you can't know both at the same time.

Perhaps that is why there is so little research.
          You're almost certainly referring to the same ODU study that AA and I were posting about last night. I believe either you or crashcourse were the first ones to share it here several years ago.

You can scroll back a few pages but

1) There have been several rebuttals published, the most significant one being below. It's not the easiest thing to wrap one's mind around but if you have a survey of 18,700 people and 20 people check the wrong box to indicate that they are non-citizens by mistake, that's a sample error of only about 0.1%. 99.9% of the people answered the question correctly. That's considered an extremely low measurement error. But when the total number of non-citizens in the survey is already very small (only 85 people), that's more than enough to significantly taint the results. Suddenly it looks like 25% of all non-citizens are voting! Because you've mistakenly added 20 people to the category of "non-citizen" who shouldn't be classified as such.

This particular survey returns to the same people every two years (to the extent that's possible) and asks the same questions. The author notes that 20 people went from calling themselves citizen voters in 2010 to non-citizen voters in 2012.

Stephen Ansolabehere (Harvard University, PI CCES) Samantha Luks (YouGov) Brian F. Schaffner (University of Massachusetts, Amherst, co-­PI CCES)

2) The author of the ODU study now admits he messed some things up and I posted an article where he says Republicans have distorted and exaggerated his research

3) Minor point for clarification, non-citizens and illegal aliens aren't the same thing. My guess is none of the non-citizens participating in this survey were here illegally, as we all admit those people are difficult to poll.

Comment

• Right Winger's making lot of jokes and memes today, there is no decency on either side. Left would have loved (and even suggested) Trump is scared of getting on to Air Force One. A man his age President Biden could have been seriously hurt. FTR when I as in myself was posting a lot of memes it was to show the highest hypocrisy know to mankind and (try) to ad a little humor (didn't work). Losers (GOP now) are always the loudest.

DhdDm-Zw?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Comment

• I don't make fun of Biden's age related problems. I have lost two people very dear to me in the last 3 years due to Alzheimers and dementia. I've had my own health struggles over the last couple years as well. I am genuinely concerned about Mr. Biden's health. He is showing too many signs that he just can't do the job.

Unfortunately, that leaves us with Kamala, the Democrat who couldn't garner even 5% of the vote in the primaries. She's going to be your President very soon.

Right place, right time, .. I guess..
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I would never show any glee in Biden's condition but it begs the question...how the f#$@ did this man even run for POTUS...how did he win the D nomination...how did he get 80 million plus votes and beat Trump...and most importantly how (or why) did the media not even fucking QUESTION this mans health and ability to be POTUS...
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                  I would never show any glee in Biden's condition but it begs the question...how the f#$@ did this man even run for POTUS...how did he win the D nomination...how did he get 80 million plus votes and beat Trump...and most importantly how (or why) did the media not even fucking QUESTION this mans health and ability to be POTUS...
                  He got a big assist from the media.

And, Trump ran the worst campaign since Michael Dukakis.

Comment

• So, Michigan residents. Hear this.

If you think things were starting to open up again, Dr. Fauci says "not so fast".

Dr. Anthony Fauci says Gov. Gretchen Whitmer should "hold off for a bit" when it comes to easing COVID-19 restrictions amid rising infection rates

He's giving Queen Gretch permission (and an excuse) to lock the state down again.

Here it comes. Better go out and hoard some toilet paper and sanitizer again....

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                      I would never show any glee in Biden's condition but it begs the question...how the f#$@ did this man even run for POTUS...how did he win the D nomination...how did he get 80 million plus votes and beat Trump...and most importantly how (or why) did the media not even fucking QUESTION this mans health and ability to be POTUS...
                      To paraphrase the illustrious Dr Zaius "Don't look for it- you might not like what you find", ..

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

He got a big assist from the media.

And, Trump ran the worst campaign since Michael Dukakis.
                        I dont really think he did. he was out campaigning night after night week after week --i think the last week he was in 15 different states

two things trump did to lose the election was try to be a bully at the first debate and not encouraging his supporters to mail in their ballots--

far as defending his record/outlining the differences trying to expose biden for what he was i think he did all that--it just wasnt covered

I dont know of any candidate who could have as much media negative publicity --get impeached twice --must of had a hundred "bombshell"stories that all turned out to be false--and still almost won the election

Comment

• Raving about his accomplishments was a part of the problem. You're running for a second term -- why? What do you have planned? And he was never able to put together much of an answer.

If you told me he spent more time talking about Crooked Hillary and Barack HUSSEIN Obama than Sleepy Joe on the campaign trail, I would believe it.

Comment

• I'm still waiting for his amazing, better than any other, wonderful health car plan.
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post

two things trump did to lose the election was try to be a bully at the first debate and not encouraging his supporters to mail in their ballots--
                              COVID- or, more accurately, the way his response appeared to the electorate public, is what lost him the election. His inability to effectively explain situations is a major weakness and COVID was a perfect storm to bring it out. It’s almost eerie how perfect.

Comment

• "-and still almost won the election"

He didn't come CLOSE to winning the election! He lost five states he carried in 2016 and he lost the general vote by 8 million! God you Trumpers are delusional!

Comment

Working...
                                X