Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
    The guy was an assclown, for sure.

But his policies ( eg. regulatory reform, destroying Isis in Iraq, cutting taxes, securing the border with remain-in-Mexico, appointment of constitutional justices, creating the vaccine in less than 9 months, energy independence) were good for the US. They were so good in fact that the controlled media and the Dem party's only reply was "orange man bad" and the incessant refrain that everything Trump says is a lie. Whenever I heard that refrain, I'd simply ask the person to name a lie.

We are now being told that the capitulation in Afghanistan was a massive success. We were told no one was to be left behind. We are told that the southern border is under control. We are told we can spend $ 1.2 T with another $ 5 T in the pipeline and not raise taxes. These are profound lies that have real-world consequences.

Look, Trump was an egocentric narcissist. Everything was "...the best in history..." I suppose those incessant statements were lies. But they were basically puffery, and most knew they reflected (badly) the character of the man saying them. But they had almost no consequences for national policy.
    Name a lie? How about "we're unveiling my replacement for Obamacare in two weeks"

Comment

• Sorry man, dems gave up the "my body my choice" position when they started pushing vax mandates.
      This, is true.

You can't take that position for abortion rights, but then toss it out when it comes to vaccines. Its both or none.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• To be exceptionally fucking clear -- the Supreme Court denial was strictly procedural. If this case were anything other than an abortion case, it would have been 9-0. The plaintiffs are seeking to prevent people from doing something that they are either (a) incapable of doing that thing; or (b) have stated they have zero intention of doing that thing. It is, in short, akin to a case against me seeking to enjoin me from riding a flying cadillac to Jupiter. It's beyond ridiculous.

Roberts even ackowledges as much -- which, I'm sure DSL read and understood -- he says that defendants “may be correct” that “existing doctrines preclude judicial intervention.” LOL -- "may".

The other 3 aren't at all concerned about standing in the fucking least when it comes to abortion. They are entirely OUTCOME driven.

Kudos to the 5 justices for actually following the obvious law despite the pressure to do otherwise. And, lest there be any doubt that this is entirely procedural (and correct):

In reaching this conclusion, we stress that we do not purport to resolve definitively any jurisdictional or substantive claim in the applicants’ lawsuit. In particular, this order is not based on any conclusion about the constitutionality of Texas’s law, and in no way limits other procedurally proper challenges to the Texas law, including in Texas state courts.
        But, it's abortion, so...rule of law goes out the window for The Left.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• According to AOC,.. Roe v Wade has been overturned.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            To be exceptionally fucking clear -- the Supreme Court denial was strictly procedural. If this case were anything other than an abortion case, it would have been 9-0. The plaintiffs are seeking to prevent people from doing something that they are either (a) incapable of doing that thing; or (b) have stated they have zero intention of doing that thing. It is, in short, akin to a case against me seeking to enjoin me from riding a flying cadillac to Jupiter. It's beyond ridiculous.

Roberts even ackowledges as much -- which, I'm sure DSL read and understood -- he says that defendants “may be correct” that “existing doctrines preclude judicial intervention.” LOL -- "may".

The other 3 aren't at all concerned about standing in the fucking least when it comes to abortion. They are entirely OUTCOME driven.

Kudos to the 5 justices for actually following the obvious law despite the pressure to do otherwise. And, lest there be any doubt that this is entirely procedural (and correct):

But, it's abortion, so...rule of law goes out the window for The Left.
            Let's say California wants to pass an egregiously unconstitutional law. So long as they delegate out the enforcement of that law to private non-state actors, would it be impossible for the highest court in the land to enjoin the law? My reading of Roberts is that he doesn't think states can or should be able to evade responsibility this way.

Comment

• Hey, no matter what side of the aisle you are on - Left or Right - there is one common thread that all of you gentlemen share. You are all, and I mean ALL, mind-numbingly insufferable blow hards.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                Hey, no matter what side of the aisle you are on - Left or Right - there is one common thread that all of you gentlemen share. You are all, and I mean ALL, mind-numbingly insufferable blow hards.
                All us McDonalds employees are well aware of this

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Let's say California wants to pass an egregiously unconstitutional law. So long as they delegate out the enforcement of that law to private non-state actors, would it be impossible for the highest court in the land to enjoin the law? My reading of Roberts is that he doesn't think states can or should be able to evade responsibility this way.
                  You mean, like.... a state wide vaccine mandate to enter private businesses or to keep your job?
                  Last edited by Kapture1; September 2, 2021, 11:17 AM.

Comment

All us McDonalds employees are well aware of this
                    Get back to the fryer...fry boy...
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• 471 vaccine deaths in Australia reported to VAERS

1019 total Covid-19 deaths in all of Australia since start of pandemic, 820ish were over the age of 70

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                        Hey, no matter what side of the aisle you are on - Left or Right - there is one common thread that all of you gentlemen share. You are all, and I mean ALL, mind-numbingly insufferable blow hards.
                        I'll go along with that

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post

Get back to the fryer...fry boy...
                          Mr. Peterson did NOT appreciate the "surprise" you left in the bathroom on Wednesday. He says if you do that again you're gonna have to escape from your wives at some other McDonald's.

Comment

• Damn cameras...
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Got anything substantive to say, Kapture, or just gonna post your usual memes from society's gutter trash?
                              I do.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/...-abortion-law/

Comment

• Pretty engaging article about the last 5 planes out of Kabul from the perspective of some of the pilots and crew.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ts/5693911001/

Comment

Working...
                                X