No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The prosecution has no case to begin with so the tactics are not really at fault.

Comment

• The 6% inflation is transitory in a way...

in that it will be higher in the coming months. Wait until employers finally make the decision to raise prices so that they can pass along higher wages to consumers instead of tolerating the labor shortage.
      Last edited by Hannibal; November 10, 2021, 01:18 PM.

Comment

• Jeff, I share your opinions. The reason I'm so riveted by this trial is because A.) it was obvious from the very beginning that it was self-defense with the possible exception of the first shooting (Rosenbaum). That question was quickly answered with the aerial footage from the FBI and B.) it serves as a proxy, IMO, for decency and the law vs. the violent Left and the false narrative that took hold in the aftermath of George Floyd. A swift acquittal from a jury in a fair trial would send a very strong message that normalcy and decency is still alive an well in the United States of America.

AA, I think I'm seeing what you mentioned earlier about the judge. He is actually YELLING at the DA. My god, that guy is awful. I won't be surprised at all if he just declares a mistrial if the DA continues to ignores the court.

Comment

• I would worry about the prosecutor being a scapegoat for a not guilty verdict. As if there were some sort of legitimate charge here that was botched by a bad attorney.

If the verdict is, indeed, not guilty, that's certainly how CNN, MSNBC, etc will spin it.

Comment

• No, they'll go with "racist jury" first. Second will be how we need to change the unfair laws that allow people to run around and shoot people for no reason.

Comment

• Defense formally requests a mistrial with prejudice.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                No, they'll go with "racist jury" first. Second will be how we need to change the unfair laws that allow people to run around and shoot people for no reason.
                as long as those same people call riots "mostly peaceful protests", I'm never giving up my guns.

Comment

• Problem being, there is no longer such a thing as logic, common sense or factual evidence. Kyle will fry.

Comment

• I will say this, no one who has watched this can say this judge was in the bag for the DA. He seems fair and wanting to protect Rittenhouse’s rights and he is not suffering any envelope pushing with regard to questioning Rittenhouse.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                      I will say this, no one who has watched this can say this judge was in the bag for the DA. He seems fair and wanting to protect Rittenhouse’s rights and he is not suffering any envelope pushing with regard to questioning Rittenhouse.
                      The judge sounds fair, but the prosecutor definitely isn't. It needs to be recognized as a systemic issue. The fact that Kyle Rittenhouse was even charged is a gross miscarriage of justice that needs to be examined. Biden's DOJ obviously won't though.

Comment

• Originally posted by foxhopper View Post
                        Problem being, there is no longer such a thing as logic, common sense or factual evidence. Kyle will fry.
                        I'm betting there are enough jurors with common sense to at least avoid a conviction on the homicide charges. The juror pool is county wide, right? It's mostly rural which would tend to be more politically conservative with a lot of gun owners.

Comment

• Gonna be a mistrial
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Violent seditionist gets 41 months in the pen under plea agreement.

A New Jersey gym owner and former MMA fighter who punched a police officer during the January 6 riot was sentenced to 41 months in prison on Wednesday, becoming the first rioter sentenced for violence against the police during the attack.

I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

The judge sounds fair, but the prosecutor definitely isn't. It needs to be recognized as a systemic issue. The fact that Kyle Rittenhouse was even charged is a gross miscarriage of justice that needs to be examined. Biden's DOJ obviously won't though.
                              Granted, I'm no legal expert and don't normally sit around and watch a lot of jury trials. But holy shit, this Binger is an absolute scumbag. There's no way he can be playing well with the jury.

Mistrial motion is not granted but "taken under advisement". I take that to mean if Binger continues his dipshittery, the judge can and will toss this thing?

Judge rules a photo of Rittenhouse wearing a "Free as Fuck" shirt is inadmissible.

I wonder if the jury notices that every time they come back into the room the judge says "I have sustained the objection"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Obi-Jon View Post
                                Violent seditionist gets 41 months in the pen under plea agreement.

A New Jersey gym owner and former MMA fighter who punched a police officer during the January 6 riot was sentenced to 41 months in prison on Wednesday, becoming the first rioter sentenced for violence against the police during the attack.
                                where was he charged with Sedition? I must have missed that.

Comment

Working...
                                X