Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Obi-Jon View Post
    Violent seditionist gets 41 months in the pen under plea agreement.
    When did they put the CHAZ people on trial?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

Granted, I'm no legal expert and don't normally sit around and watch a lot of jury trials. But holy shit, this Binger is an absolute scumbag. There's no way he can be playing well with the jury.

Mistrial motion is not granted but "taken under advisement". I take that to mean if Binger continues his dipshittery, the judge can and will toss this thing?

Judge rules a photo of Rittenhouse wearing a "Free as Fuck" shirt is inadmissible.

I wonder if the jury notices that every time they come back into the room the judge says "I have sustained the objection"?
      To me the important thing is that if Kyle walks, there is no built in excuse like "incompetence" or "misbehavior" on the part of the prosecutor that implies that some combination of character and competence would have made for a guilty verdict. Character and competence went out the door when charges were even filed. Binger was a piece of shit before he stepped in the courtroom.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
        Talent, thanks for the insight. He's absolutely killing it after the break. Very detailed descriptions of the encounters and his attorney hits all the key legal points/thresholds.
        I'm telling ya, credible testimony, dude, and you win. If the jury believes you, you win.

With this case, everything fact lined up with Rittenhouse's story and my suspicion was that he'd be a damn good witness. It's way better to put him on, then, and let him tell his story than to force the jury to infer.

As Lionel Hutz said, "Now THAT's believable testimony."
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The judge will hold the mistrial motion in his back pocket. If the jury doesn't acquit, he'll revisit it, but I think he'd much rather have the jury vindicate Rittenhouse.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            The judge will hold the mistrial motion in his back pocket. If the jury doesn't acquit, he'll revisit it, but I think he'd much rather have the jury vindicate Rittenhouse.
            Good to know. Also, I'm pretty sure Lionel Hutz would wipe the floor with Binger.

Comment

• Nothing will happen. Or at the absolute most, one or two very low level employees will get fired or maybe serve a few months jail time.

Comment

• 4d711fc074995b39.jpg

Comment

• It boggles the mind that anyone thinks Rittenhouse should be convicted of anything:

This was obvious even before the trial. It is even more obvious now, with prosecutors having rested their weak case on Tuesday.

In a nutshell, the proof has so far established that Rittenhouse shot and killed Joseph Rosenbaum, a violent rioter who was on medication for bipolar disorder, who threatened to kill Rittenhouse if he got him alone, and who chased Rittenhouse down as he (Rittenhouse) was trying to retreat and yelling “friendly” to indicate he was not a threat. Rittenhouse fired only after Rosenbaum’s friend, Joshua Ziminsky, fired a shot in the air, causing Rittenhouse to turn quickly and find Rosenbaum charging him, screaming, “F*** you,” and lunging to grab his gun and try to take it away.

Rittenhouse then tried to run to a police barricade to surrender himself, but he was pursued by an incensed mob. He lost his footing and fell (there were things being thrown at him and he may have been pushed). When he was on the ground, and under siege from multiple flanks, an unidentified leaping man wearing heavy work-boots attempted to kick him in the face but missed as Rittenhouse fired and missed.

Then Thomas Huber approached, beat Rittenhouse over the head with a skateboard, and tried to get the gun away, in response to which Rittenhouse fired, killing him. Finally, Gaige Grosskreutz (the state’s star witness who imploded on the stand), chased Rittenhouse as he fell and was closing in as the Huber altercation occurred. Grosskreutz was carrying a loaded handgun which he had been concealing without a valid license (and about which he later gave misleading statements). He raised his hands as if in surrender, so Rittenhouse did not fire; but then he abruptly charged Rittenhouse. Only when Grosskreutz pointed the handgun directly at Whitehouse from three feet away did Rittenhouse fire, striking Grosskreutz’s arm and severely wounding him.

It is worth underscoring: That is the state’s evidence. The defense lawyers have done a fine job, but mostly they’ve just had to let the prosecution’s own witnesses and videos speak for themselves.

Comment

• 11353d9e1f08882a.jpg

Comment

• 807d0da569173b98.jpg

Comment

• Bullies don’t like it when people fight back.

Comment

• def20ebf15d345b9.png

Comment

• 201b58ff38967e42.jpg

Comment

• fuckin' racists
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                              X